PDA

View Full Version : American Memorabilia New Auction

dcgreg25
11-01-2009, 08:44 PM
So once American Memorabilia got their site back up I was browsing through the latest auction. There are actually some nice looking pieces that appear to have good provenance in the auction. However, I stumbled across a true gem. Below is the link and the description. This has to be up there among the weirdest items I have seen.:eek:

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=52215&aucsearch=browns&AucListType=open&TitleDesc=0&period=

Actual Hub Cap From Famous James Brown Police Chase

James Brown lived a charmed life. Affectionately known as the Godfather of Soul, Brown got in a little hot water in Dec. of 1988 when what should have been a routine traffic stop turned into a police chase near the Georgia-South Carolina border. Shots were fired and the end result - a six year jail sentence which Brown served three years.
Presented is one of Brown's hub caps from the shooting. The entire story is laid out in in the letter of authenticity. A signed letter from Mark Stephens, the man who secured the hub cap and kept it for nearly two decades will attend. This hub cap was shot off and Stephens was there to collect it and preserved it. The aluminum rim has signs of where bullets ricocheted off. This offering measures 16 1/4" in diameter.

Lokee
11-02-2009, 04:27 PM
ahahahahahaa

Now that is awsome !

sylbry
11-02-2009, 05:00 PM
That's not a hubcap. It is a trim ring.

mvandor
11-02-2009, 07:50 PM
That's not a hubcap. It is a trim ring.

No kiddin'. AMI can't even describe that item accurately. :rolleyes:

sox83cubs84
11-02-2009, 09:18 PM
No kiddin'. AMI can't even describe that item accurately. :rolleyes:

Is there a (drum roll, please)....LOU LAMPSON LOA! ?

Dave M.
Chicago area

NEFAN
11-05-2009, 12:57 AM
A little OT, but, I have "unsubscribed" 10 times to their emails and yet they still come. Any suggestions?

ironmanfan
11-05-2009, 07:43 AM
you should be able to block their e/m address from incoming emails (I did)

Blitzmaster
11-05-2009, 12:43 PM
HA HA....I have been a firearms instructor for the State of California for 9 years now and I have NEVER seen bullets ricochet off of a piece of stamped aluminum. If this item gets any bids, I am going to start selling stuff out of my trash can........should be no problem getting a Lampson LOA for it:rolleyes:

cohibasmoker
11-05-2009, 02:59 PM
High profile case. I can't imagine that the rim wasn't placed into evidence and retained for court proceedings. I wonder if there are any markings on the rim from where and when it was located, the person who found it and when it was placed into the evidence room.

Jim

Blitzmaster
11-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Okay, I am digging stuff out of my trash and making historically relevant items that will define our society's existence.....and then I am gonna list them on Ebay.

My first item will be this map of the New York burroughs That was recreated on the lid of a pizza box and used by the Phillies bus driver to find his way to the Ballpark during the 2009 World Series. The white dots landmark all nightclubs and pizza joints. I will include leftover pizza crust with this bad boy.......

http://www.craphound.com/images/IMG_3114.JPG

Second item is going to be this Pre-Atari video game that was owned by Yogi Bear. LOA from Mr Lampson giving it an A4(would have rated higher if not made with a chainsaw).

http://craphound.com/images/050529dvhp03.jpg

Let the bidding begin!!!!!

Mark17
11-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Will there be a reserve on the pizza box?

Blitzmaster
11-12-2009, 01:59 AM
Yes, reserve is set at .42 cents.

Blitzmaster
11-13-2009, 12:57 AM
Oh NO!!!!!!!! The genius mind at Americanmemorabilia.com blocked my IP so I can't bid on any items(I am assuming because of my humor). Funny cause I usually buy 5 - 6 items a year from them and I think that may have just stopped. gotta love those thin-skinned Auction houses.