PDA

View Full Version : ARod home run bats on ebay

cjclong
11-03-2009, 10:35 AM
There are two ARod home run bats on ebay. One is a grand slam and the other is passing Jimmy Foxx on the home run list. One is asking around $17,000 and the other around $8,000. I know we have have discussions on the panel as to what things are worth and I guess the value can be in the eye of the beholder, but these seem like incredibly high prices to me unless you have Bill Gates or Warren Buffet's income. The two that John Taube has on his site for around $4,000 seem closer to reality.

suicide_squeeze
11-03-2009, 11:56 AM
There are two ARod home run bats on ebay. One is a grand slam and the other is passing Jimmy Foxx on the home run list. One is asking around $17,000 and the other around $8,000. I know we have have discussions on the panel as to what things are worth and I guess the value can be in the eye of the beholder, but these seem like incredibly high prices to me unless you have Bill Gates or Warren Buffet's income. The two that John Taube has on his site for around $4,000 seem closer to reality.

Agreed across the board.

They will never receive those amounts. Those bats have been listed for quite a few months. When the auction listings expire, they simply relist them.

They are waiting for a "reasonable" (reasonable to THEM) offer, at which time they would consummate a deal. They are probably working with A-Rod under the agreement to "let em ride" for a long while....with the understanding that if A-Rod get's his first World Series title, it just adds to his value.

It of course would, but they still won't get those asking prices for those bats. Just too much for a current player who sells EVERYTHING he touches. It's all about supply and demand....and A-Rod is his own worst enemy in that regard.

Rboitano
11-03-2009, 12:26 PM
And unless you could photomatch the HR bat, I wouldnt touch them. You may have read my post about the 2009 Arod HR bat that was on ebay that wasnt the actual bat.

joelsabi
11-03-2009, 03:27 PM

actually that grand slam bat is listed on two different sellers : ebay by 13alexrodriguez @ $8999 and jtsports.com @ $4999. why is that? do sellers know each other rock bottom prices and helping each other sell items?

joelsabi
11-03-2009, 03:32 PM
actually that grand slam bat is listed on two different sellers : ebay by 13alexrodriguez @ $8999 and jtsports.com @ $4999. why is that? do sellers know each other rock bottom prices and helping each other sell items?

http://www.digitalfm.com/gameusedbats/itemDetail.cfm?sku=4164

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-SIGNED-GAME-USED-HR-552-BAT-YANKEES-JSA_W0QQitemZ260393295106QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item3ca0a65d02

BULBUS
11-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Maybe 13alexrodriguez has the bat on consignment with JT? I've consigned a few items with JT before, but I never listed them on Ebay as well.

joelsabi
11-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Maybe 13alexrodriguez has the bat on consignment with JT? I've consigned a few items with JT before, but I never listed them on Ebay as well.

makes sense. nothing wrong at all with trying to sell item through more than one avenue. so at least we have a better feel of what he is willing to accept as an offer.

legaleagle92481
11-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Those prices are insane. An AROD mlb certified 2006 gamer with nice use went for $1,500 on ebay last week (hours after the Yanks clinched a WS berth). I contacted the seller before it closed and he told me he would have taken $1,150 as a best offer. Also Steiner last time I checked had 2009 gamers for $3,999 (and by searching Google there are coupons for steinersports.com that will siginifcantly reduce that amount). Arod will have over 700 homers oneday and there will be alot of HR bats and passing Foxx (4 other active players have done it and the average fan does not know who Foxx was probably) and hitting a grand slam in a random game are not siginificant enough milestones to pay such a premium.

suicide_squeeze
11-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Those prices are insane. An AROD mlb certified 2006 gamer with nice use went for $1,500 on ebay last week (hours after the Yanks clinched a WS berth). I contacted the seller before it closed and he told me he would have taken $1,150 as a best offer. Also Steiner last time I checked had 2009 gamers for $3,999 (and by searching Google there are coupons for steinersports.com that will siginifcantly reduce that amount). Arod will have over 700 homers oneday and there will be alot of HR bats and passing Foxx (4 other active players have done it and the average fan does not know who Foxx was probably) and hitting a grand slam in a random game are not siginificant enough milestones to pay such a premium.

Why do you think they are still for sale?

Obviously, the general public agrees with you.