PDA

View Full Version : Who Do You Want To Give A Shout Out To?

3arod13
11-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Dewey2007's thread "Shout out to the Vintagedeputy" gave me this idea.

Who would you like to give a shout out to for helping you add something to your collection?

My shout out goes to joelsabi (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/member.php?find=lastposter&t=30698) (Joel). Many of you know I sold him my 3 1994 Alex Rodriguez Signed Baseballs to Joel, in order to purchase my recent Arod bat.

So now I was in search of another early Arod ball to add back to my collection. I found the below ball up for sale on ebay. Joel and I both wanted to bid on the ball. Joel knew I wanted to add it to my collection, so he emailed me and said he wouldn't bid, so I could win it.

What an unselfish act! As Dewey2007 stated in his thread, "It's random acts of kindness like this that make the forum fun to be a part of.

The ball has a beautiful signature, with an inscription that reads, "Doc thanks 4 everything save my Lockers 95."

A classy thing to do. Thanks Joel!

If you want to give a shout out to someone who helped you, now is your chance.

3arod13
11-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Of course I also can't forget to give a shout out to GrndSlm (Juan Iglesias) for selling me the 1996 Alex Rodrigue "1st Career Grand Slam" Game Used Bat. The prize of my collection.

Thanks Juan!!!

eisenreich8
11-04-2009, 07:21 PM
sox83cubs84, Dave M. sold me a Cubs alt. blue Julian Tavarez jersey a while back. Always seeking GU from eccentric players........thanks Dave.

frikativ54
11-04-2009, 07:50 PM
He's not a forum member, but I acquired some nice stuff from eBay seller museumbats. He was very patient in working with me, and I got a number of awesome items from him. I am very satisfied with my purchases.

sox83cubs84
11-04-2009, 08:43 PM
sox83cubs84, Dave M. sold me a Cubs alt. blue Julian Tavarez jersey a while back. Always seeking GU from eccentric players........thanks Dave.

I appreciate the shout out! Enjoy Yo-Yo's Cubs gamer.

Dave M.
Chicago area

GoTigers
11-04-2009, 09:39 PM
-Tim at HOF bats, who is always responsive to any email or question I have, even if it's not about one of his products.

- Jeff at Birdbats for the awesome website that I always use as a quick reference, and the great posts. Even though I haven't dealt directly with him yet.

- All the guys at GUU, for this website that I really appreciate, and my wife hates. Without this site I would have never discovered this hobby. About 2 years ago I found a Hack Wilson game used bat at an antique store for $50. I stumbled on this webiste while trying to research how describe it on ebay. Without this site I would have sold it un-knowingly and never gotten into game used items.

- All the guys on ebay that I seem to buy from, and sell to all the time, but I havn't quite cross-referenced all the GUU names to Ebay names.

jdr3
11-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Andrew Lang...Good man and a good friend. Nats collecting begins and ends with him alone.

Fnazxc0114
11-04-2009, 10:23 PM
my shout out would have to go out to the people at beyond the dugout. My andrus and salty gloves have both come from these guys. Their coa's are signed by the player and also include a picture of the player holding the item. I also like the fact that i can request certain items from them and they do the leg work in finding it. Granted there is a fee but nothing in llfe is free.

suicide_squeeze
11-04-2009, 11:34 PM
Andrew Lang...Good man and a good friend. Nats collecting begins and ends with him alone.

DEFINATELY Andrew Lang.....He's the only one on this site I wholeheartedly trust, but I haven't had many dealings from other GUU forum members yet, so there's room for you other guys to "squeeze" in.:p

Bought Gary Sheffield's 499th career home run ball from him, authenticated with a MLB hologram, and am looking to add two more killer items from him soon. Thanks Andrew for adding to my collection, and happiness.

And a secondary shout out to the guys who run this GUU site. They are trying to do it right people, and you all should appreciate the sincerity and effort to clean up this sometimes ugly hobby.

yanks12025
11-04-2009, 11:52 PM
I would like to throw a shout out to the 2009 world series champ Yankees.

spartakid
11-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Definitely Tim at HOF Bats, and the guys that moderate and make GUU possible.

joelsabi
11-05-2009, 10:35 AM
Dewey2007's thread "Shout out to the Vintagedeputy" gave me this idea.

Who would you like to give a shout out to for helping you add something to your collection?

My shout out goes to joelsabi (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/member.php?find=lastposter&t=30698) (Joel). Many of you know I sold him my 3 1994 Alex Rodriguez Signed Baseballs to Joel, in order to purchase my recent Arod bat.

So now I was in search of another early Arod ball to add back to my collection. I found the below ball up for sale on ebay. Joel and I both wanted to bid on the ball. Joel knew I wanted to add it to my collection, so he emailed me and said he wouldn't bid, so I could win it.

What an unselfish act! As Dewey2007 stated in his thread, "It's random acts of kindness like this that make the forum fun to be a part of.

The ball has a beautiful signature, with an inscription that reads, "Doc thanks 4 everything save my Lockers 95."

A classy thing to do. Thanks Joel!

If you want to give a shout out to someone who helped you, now is your chance.

Tony,

Not problem. That was an easy decision for me. Like I told you, it's a perfect fit for your collection. I was very grateful and priviledge to have something from a great ARod fan enter my collection with your three baseballs.

Regards,

Joel

emann
11-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Mike Specht gets a HUGE shout out in my book. He's always been friendly, super knowledgeable and helpful on questions.

Rudy, and Jim Caravello tie for close second. They have written or posted so extensively that I've learned alot just from that.

As for people I've bought from: John Taube, Andy Benish, Tim @ Hofbats, Anthony Bragg & Mike Specht (among numerous others in the hobby) have all been square with me in our dealings.

CampWest
11-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Mears Auctions.

I brought up to them a possible issue with a high dollar item a few days before the auction closed. They researched and remedied the situation within a few hours and responded to my inquiry. Its great when you come across people in this hobby that do the right thing and act with integrity. I know there are a lot of honest people, but it seems like I've had too many interactions recently with the other kind.

woodbat
11-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Jeff--------Birdbats
Tim--------HOF Bats
Kim--------BPH

These three folks are an outstanding asset to the collecting of game used bats.
Jeff is very knowledgeable in St Louis Cardinal game used items, especially bats, check out his website.
Tim maintains a website and forum for bat collectors. If you are into older bats, here is your contact.
Kim is a very reputable bat dealer, I have purchased Cardinal bats from him for many years. Always straight and a pleasure to deal with.

Thanks,
Don
woodbat@bellsouth.net

mariner_gamers
01-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Nate Devlin!!! Nate has taken 4 tough game bats off my list the past few months. Bobby Brown, Al Chambers, Jim Maler and Jerry Narron. In addition he has also sold me a very nice Alvin Davis and a few other tough M's bats!! I am officially under 80 left until the 2010 season starts when Jack Z will undoubtedly run 12 new position players through our team.

I really appreciate someone taking the time to fill some holes in my collection!!

Thanks again Nate!!
Davis

CampWest
01-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Bert/Shoremen44

For quickly and awesomely volunteering to help me with a fantastic photo match!

NYCrulesU
01-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Would like to give a shout out to Pat Durkin. I purchased two pair of Palmeiro batting gloves from 2005. The gloves show amazing use. I also picked up my favorite unique item, a sealed bottle of champagne from the day Palmeiro collected his 3000th hit! It's signed and inscribed by Palmeiro "3000 hit 7/15/05". Pat was very generous in his pricing and allowed me to pick up the items in person to avoid any damage to the bottle of champagne. Couldn't have asked for a more smooth transaction. :)

R.Mansfield
07-22-2010, 11:34 AM
I am unsure if there are many of you out there who have not dealt with Tim a www.hofbats.com (http://www.hofbats.com/), but I cannot say enough good things about him.

Tim has been very helpful to me in this hobby as I have been putting together my collection. He is the nicest guy in this business and each of you would be hard pressed to find someone with better service.

He always has several great bats available at fair prices, puts together a great LOA and has authentication services.

I just wanted to mention this because it seems that there are so many people in our hobby that are hard to deal with, but rarely do the good guys like Tim get mentioned.

Russell Mansfield
batdna@sbcglobal.net (batdna@sbcglobal.net)

BernBabyBern
02-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Anyone here ever have a not so good experience with Juan Iglesias?
Be curious to know.

Pablo

3arod13
02-04-2011, 04:41 AM
Be curious to know.

Pablo

I would have a difficult time believing so. Juan Iglesias and Andrew Lang are to individuals I would trust with my life! Both of these guys are in a class of their own!

platinum1
02-04-2011, 09:20 AM
Be curious to know.

Pablo
From what I have read in the past Juan is one of the best.

Why would you ask that question?

shoremen44
02-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Shout out...

too many guys...

Wes Campbell
Rob Steinmetz
Jeff Scott
Pat Durkin
Brett Herman
Bob Koppel
Tim Byington
John Taube
Geoff - lol I dont even know your last name
Andrew Lang
JD Kleckner
Larry Bourget

and probably a dozen more I have forgotten... the point is that there is a ton of great people out there that love collecting and really do care about helping others

I hope I have just been able to pass on a little of what I have recieved

3arod13
02-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Shout out...

too many guys...

Wes Campbell
Rob Steinmetz
Jeff Scott
Pat Durkin
Brett Herman
Bob Koppel
Tim Byington
John Taube
Geoff - lol I dont even know your last name
Andrew Lang
JD Kleckner
Larry Bourget

and probably a dozen more I have forgotten... the point is that there is a ton of great people out there that love collecting and really do care about helping others

I hope I have just been able to pass on a little of what I have recieved

There are also those quiet, behind the scene indivduals who help others, but aren't so out there and obvious to everyone.

I agree that the list is long, and everyones efforts are appreciated.

yankees506
02-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Rich Alworth
Justin bittner
Danny_06

This site has put me in contact with these guys whom i now truly respect as collectors and consider game used buds.

3arod13
02-05-2011, 08:19 AM
Also a shout out to those members who were very active when I first joined, but have decided to no longer participate. I can honestly say, many of them I miss. Their posts showed their tremendous knoweldge and passion for the hobby.

tigerdale
02-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Rich Alworth
Andrew Lang
Jeff Scott

I've enjoyed talking w/ so many people....I couldn't list them all...the 3 names I have listed have always gone above & beyond anything I have ever expected. Thank you.

tigerdale
02-05-2011, 01:07 PM
I would also like to thank all the moderators who have given their time and have done a fantastic job!!

Dach0sen0ne
02-06-2011, 12:06 AM
I'd have to say this forum has a bunch of great, helpful, and awesome people. A few guys that I'd like to give a shout out to:

Dale/Tigerdale
Carmelo/Yankees506
Justin/justinbittner220
Russell/lakeerie92

rays54
02-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Brandon Allen. Today I received a large box in the mail and it was from Brandon Allen with 2 mint old hickory bats autographed with a letter enclosed. What a super individual and a down to earth person.

TNTtoys
02-16-2011, 04:58 PM
Mark Sutton.

Long time forum member Mark Sutton recently opted to leave the game used hobby. In doing so, he opened up his collection (which must have taken a couple of decades to put together) to the many friends he made over the years, with the intention of not making a single cent off of anything. Truly a classy move by a stand-up guy.

I wish Mark all the best in his future endeavors and hope that he will not be a stranger to GUU just because he doesn't collect GU items anymore.

murfsteve25
02-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Jason-Perlman9...He has emailed me out of the blue twice letting me know of a few awesome justice items that he found for sale.

John- UGA-1... He is a great guy who shares the love for Justice with me. I enjow talking with him about our collections.

Greg- dcGreg25...He is a fair moderator and does a great job at supervising the board. He always congratulates me whenever I post a new justice pickup on the forum and it's good to know that someone else on GUU has love for justice as well.