PDA

View Full Version : Hockey pickups

genius
11-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Latest attempt for a viable hockey thread, thought it a decent time with a couple of nice shirts on the GUU Auction. Picked this up recently, fairly rare 1979 Penguins home jersey, all-star and former Hawks GM Dale Tallon. Last set of jerseys ever for the Penguins with the navy blue/ice blue colors. Stall & Dean manufacturer, they had an interesting way to tag the year of jerseys in the 70s in that they attached a small looped tag to the rear neck with a "9" (in this case) to represent 1979. Always interested in seeing some hockey pickups especially vintage!

Sabresfreak
11-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Nice vintage Pickup!! Not a Pens fan but it is a sweet looking jersey.

BIGSTIG
11-06-2009, 12:22 AM
genius

I was wondering if you would be of assistance to me. I have a friend that knows I collect game used memorabilia, and sent me an email of a Denis Savard Blackhawks jersey asking me if it is legit or not...I don't even know where to begin in hockey. I only know my baseball. I was wondering if I could forward you the email, and you would be kind enough to give your opinion? I would post pics here, but they are WAY to big.

Thanks in advance -

Nick

bigstig1@gmail.com

hrvatwill
11-07-2009, 11:16 AM
Great Tallon jersey! Love the old Penguins blues....

Below is a Ruslan Fedotenko away jersey from the first three rounds of last year's Stanley Cup playoffs. I have been able to photomatch it over and over again, thanks to the distinctive mark on the front just under the Penguin's hockey stick

Jules9
11-08-2009, 12:16 PM
genius

I was wondering if you would be of assistance to me. I have a friend that knows I collect game used memorabilia, and sent me an email of a Denis Savard Blackhawks jersey asking me if it is legit or not...I don't even know where to begin in hockey. I only know my baseball. I was wondering if I could forward you the email, and you would be kind enough to give your opinion? I would post pics here, but they are WAY to big.

Ask the guys over at gameworn.net There are alot Blackhawk fans there that know there jerseys inside and out.

capitalssticks
11-08-2009, 05:09 PM
my pics are too large but i just picked up a game used nicklas backstrom capitals goal scored stick with team loa and photomatched to two games :)

kings418
11-09-2009, 02:38 AM
Love those blue Pens jerseys. I hope to pick one up some day, but they don't come cheap. Here is a link to my mostly hockey collection.

http://community.webshots.com/user/kings418

Vince

Lokee
11-09-2009, 05:12 PM
nice photomatch !:)