PDA

View Full Version : OT: The Dodger owner divorce/mess

suicide_squeeze
11-06-2009, 02:35 PM
My company....the one that employs me....is currently building Jamie McCourts new office in Beverly Hills.

For any of you that care, you heard it here first. Frank did a naughty and had an affair. That's what happened, as it has been somehow miraculously kept out of the news. There was a lot of speculation as to the reason the break-up occured, but we were told by the most reliable source there is.....just accept that for fact (I can't tell you who told us).

This is going to devastate the Dodgers hopes of building on what they already have managed to put together. They are probably 2-3 pitchers away from a World Championship.

I have to say that I am pretty disappointed that lifes little personal twists and turns can implode a teams destiny. It appears that some individuals, no matter how successful they become in their lives, just can't elevate themselves to keeping their personal life out of the mainstream. I mentioned before how unfair to the team it was for the headlines to hit the news that the McCourts were separating right before the beginning of the NLCS. That kind of selfishness sinks ships.

Everyone makes mistakes. It's all about righting the ship, and forgiveness. As a Dodger fan, I hope they figure it out. If not, just sell the darn team. We don't need the drama.

David
11-06-2009, 02:41 PM
"Did a naughty" was a phrase my polite, never-swear dad would use to me and my sister when we were little kids. It usually applied to me calling my sister a name or not cleaning up my room.

suicide_squeeze
11-06-2009, 07:15 PM
"Did a naughty" was a phrase my polite, never-swear dad would use to me and my sister when we were little kids. It usually applied to me calling my sister a name or not cleaning up my room.

Ahhhhhhh......What the hell, Dave.

Just light up a doob, and don't worry about it, MAN. It's time you catch up to the "times" DUDE. Anything goes these days.......haven't you heard?? And when you make the wrong decisions, and you get hurt badly, just SUE! Remember, it's NOT your fault! Whatever you did wrong!!! http://www.barbandgreg.com/images/Emoticons/falloffbarstool.gif

thomecollector
11-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Steve,
Did you ever hear from Rudy ??

suicide_squeeze
11-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Steve,
Did you ever hear from Rudy ??

Hi Roger,

Yes I did, but no luck. Dry well, but he said he'd let me know if anything popped up.

You're gonna be super hard-pressed to ever find an authentic Thome Dodger uni that's offered to the public. Knowing Jim, he was issued maybe 4 (2-home, 2-away) and kept them all. And if he didn't keep them all, I'm sure the Dodgers themselves ended up with one of them.

But good luck. We always have hope, right?

frikativ54
11-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Ahhhhhhh......What the hell, Dave.

Just light up a doob, and don't worry about it, MAN. It's time you catch up to the "times" DUDE. Anything goes these days.......haven't you heard?? And when you make the wrong decisions, and you get hurt badly, just SUE! Remember, it's NOT your fault! Whatever you did wrong!!! http://www.barbandgreg.com/images/Emoticons/falloffbarstool.gif

Long live determinism. Agency is but a dream. Blame society.

suicide_squeeze
11-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Long live determinism. Agency is but a dream. Blame society.

Ahhh, yes, a visit from their spokesperson.

Thanks for sharing your.....um.....well, thanks frik.