PDA

View Full Version : "1st" Favre Vikings jersey from JO up for sale

nickacs
11-06-2009, 04:26 PM
http://www.josportsco.com/view_product.asp?ProductID=2541

Only $25k :eek: Hey, as the other JO Sanchez thread comments (and I agree with), that if you have the $$$, go for it. The law of supply and demand.

I wonder which will sell for more, the JO "1st" Vikings jersey or the Favre NFL auction breast cancer one. So far it's $25k vs. $3600...

If the Vikings go and say win the SB, it's a great jersey. If they don't, then oh wells...

mbenga28
11-06-2009, 04:33 PM
these prices make Steiner's game used look like great deals!

indyred
11-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Amazing jerseys, nice seeing Vikes jerseys rolling in. The Jared Allen looks sick. I bet the Harvins won't last long.

pietraynor
11-06-2009, 06:09 PM
It appears Favre has been switching jerseys at halftime as others have suggested & that he's worn 2 diff. sizes (50 & 52) this season..Did anyone notice the NFL.com auction jersey has an "06" tag..not unusual for NFL gamers, but caught my eye..the JO Favre's are all tagged "09" thus far. Jay

bigtruck260
11-06-2009, 06:11 PM
Amazing jerseys, nice seeing Vikes jerseys rolling in. The Jared Allen looks sick. I bet the Harvins won't last long.

Indyred - just curioius....

Are you connected to JOSports? No big deal if you are, you just seem to chime in immediately when one of these threads starts. It's almost as if you are an employee.

Like I said, I don't care if you are, and you don't have to answer (maybe you already said it and I missed it)...I was just curious.

Thanks,

Dave in STL

indyred
11-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Indyred - just curioius....

Are you connected to JOSports? No big deal if you are, you just seem to chime in immediately when one of these threads starts. It's almost as if you are an employee.

Like I said, I don't care if you are, and you don't have to answer (maybe you already said it and I missed it)...I was just curious.

Thanks,

Dave in STL

No, I'm just a fan of companies like JO Sports and MeiGray. That are making it easy for collectors to get the real deal. We all know these jerseys aren't going to be cheap.

jhunt28
11-06-2009, 07:37 PM
It appears Favre has been switching jerseys at halftime as others have suggested & that he's worn 2 diff. sizes (50 & 52) this season..Did anyone notice the NFL.com auction jersey has an "06" tag..not unusual for NFL gamers, but caught my eye..the JO Favre's are all tagged "09" thus far. Jay

And the jersey that SOLD at JOS for $20k is a size 48. Is very odd, but perhaps he started to wear extra padding? Who knows. And it is very odd that the NFLA jersey is a recycled 2006? Wonder what the reasoning for that was? Perhaps they didn't realize he'd be wearing multiple jerseys for each game, ran out, and had to give him an old one on the shelf until a new batch came in?

worldchamps
11-06-2009, 08:08 PM
And the jersey that SOLD at JOS for $20k is a size 48. Is very odd, but perhaps he started to wear extra padding? Who knows. And it is very odd that the NFLA jersey is a recycled 2006? Wonder what the reasoning for that was? Perhaps they didn't realize he'd be wearing multiple jerseys for each game, ran out, and had to give him an old one on the shelf until a new batch came in?

When did they start doing the Capt patches? since they are pink for this game, maybe that was the only blank jersey with QB cut that didnt have a Capt patch....i am just speculating, i dont know this

suicide_squeeze
11-06-2009, 08:38 PM
these prices make Steiner's game used look like great deals!

Favre's a legend, mbenga28.

To have an authentic gamer of his, with unquestionable proof that it's real, is a treat to behold.

If I was a football collector, I'd be after one of these Favre jerseys. And the price is just something you "accept". IMO, these jerseys are worth it.

The Sanchez?......only time will tell. But if the USC or Jets fan that bought it feels good about it, then what we, you, or I think about it, just doesn't matter. Because above ALL else.....it was his first professional jersey, he won in it, and it's real. It's a darn nice piece, period.

nickacs
11-06-2009, 11:04 PM
Wow, that's crazy how fast the Favre one sold in a matter of hours(sorry, I linked to his 2nd worn jersey, not the 1st at Cleveland). Also two of the AP ones sold already in a couple hours. Lucky :) Wish I had that kinda loot to throw around for those 2 right now.. lol..

Yea, looks like the other JO Favre jersey descriptions have changed to read '1st half' & '2nd half' so looks like he definitely has 2 jerseys per game. So where's the other half jerseys from those games??? Maybe we'll see them on NFL auctions soon? Hmm...

TriplexXxSports
11-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Sick!

legaleagle92481
11-07-2009, 01:34 AM
If I had the loot I would much rather have a Packers jersey, even if he wins a Super Bowl in Minnesota he will have accomplished so much more in GB. 20k is absurd for a jersey worn in a random game. If he wears 2 jerseys per game for the whole year that is 32 jerseys this year alone that he wore. Even if only 25 of them hit the market, there is no way that in the future there will be enough of a market for them for someone to profit off of it. How many collector's can spend 20k? That is the price of a car. Plus the way he is playing, I bet he comes back next year putting even more jerseys on the market. And who knows maybe the year after that also. The end result will be a glut of jerseys on the market and prices dropping especially if no Super Bowl win comes out of his Viking tenure.

TriplexXxSports
11-07-2009, 08:11 AM
If I had the loot I would much rather have a Packers jersey, even if he wins a Super Bowl in Minnesota he will have accomplished so much more in GB. 20k is absurd for a jersey worn in a random game. If he wears 2 jerseys per game for the whole year that is 32 jerseys this year alone that he wore. Even if only 25 of them hit the market, there is no way that in the future there will be enough of a market for them for someone to profit off of it. How many collector's can spend 20k? That is the price of a car. Plus the way he is playing, I bet he comes back next year putting even more jerseys on the market. And who knows maybe the year after that also. The end result will be a glut of jerseys on the market and prices dropping especially if no Super Bowl win comes out of his Viking tenure.

I agree. It seems that JO has these jerseys marked up so high that they will be the only ones to profit on these jerseys. Maybe if there was only 1, or 2, to hit the market I could maybe see someone looking to invest that kind of money, but at this point there is 4. And, I am sure there is more to come.

In no way, shape, or form are these going to end up at Grey Flannel, or the Spring 2012 GUU auction, and sell for anywhere near JO's astronomical asking price of $20-25K. Good business on JO's part - capitalize while you can, but I don't see this as an investment for someone. The buyers of these jerseys will never see close to the amount they paid.

At least the one sitting on NFL Auctions will benefit a good cause.....

Just SICK!

gatorcollector
11-07-2009, 09:05 AM
Sure would like to have that Harvin in my collection but don't have the $$ to get it. I'm a little surprised it's only $2500, I thought it would be more than that.

I actually spent a minute thinking about how I could raise the money to buy it, but then I realized I would just to have to sell it to get the money for first and last month's rent plus the security deposit on my new apartment after my wife kicked me out.

sylbry
11-07-2009, 11:58 AM
Here is what I don't understand:

Adrian Peterson gamer - $8500
Barry Sanders gamer - $7000
Brian Urlacher gamer - $5000
Clinton Portis gamer - $3500
Devin Hester gamer - $3500
Darren McFadden gamer - $3500
Braylon Edwards gamer - $3000
Art Monk gamer - $3000
Anthony Munoz gamer - $2500
Michael Bush gamer - $2500
Eric Dickerson gamer - $2500
Jamarcus Russell gamer - $2100
Adrian Peterson issued - $2000
Herschel Walker gamer - $2000
Tavaris Jackson gamer - $960
Donte Culpepper gamer - $800
Jeff Dugan issued - $500

Look at the pricing structure. Today's nobody's are being priced the same as yesterday's stars or Hall of Famers.

Art Monk = Braylon Edwards
Herschel Walker = JaMarcus Russell = Adrian Peterson issued
Eric Dickerson = Michael Bush
Donte Culpepper < Tavaris Jackson
JaMarcus Russell nearly 3x as much as Donte Culpepper

Adrian Peterson selling for more than Barry Sanders? Adrian's needs a lot of years, a lot of yards, and a lot of luck to equal Barry.

And an issued jersey of a nobody for $500? This is something you send to poor kids in Africa to wear.

indyred
11-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Here is what I don't understand:

Adrian Peterson gamer - $8500
Barry Sanders gamer - $7000
Brian Urlacher gamer - $5000
Clinton Portis gamer - $3500
Devin Hester gamer - $3500
Darren McFadden gamer - $3500
Braylon Edwards gamer - $3000
Art Monk gamer - $3000
Anthony Munoz gamer - $2500
Michael Bush gamer - $2500
Eric Dickerson gamer - $2500
Jamarcus Russell gamer - $2100
Adrian Peterson issued - $2000
Herschel Walker gamer - $2000
Tavaris Jackson gamer - $960
Donte Culpepper gamer - $800
Jeff Dugan issued - $500

Look at the pricing structure. Today's nobody's are being priced the same as yesterday's stars or Hall of Famers.

Art Monk = Braylon Edwards
Herschel Walker = JaMarcus Russell = Adrian Peterson issued
Eric Dickerson = Michael Bush
Donte Culpepper < Tavaris Jackson
JaMarcus Russell nearly 3x as much as Donte Culpepper

Adrian Peterson selling for more than Barry Sanders? Adrian's needs a lot of years, a lot of yards, and a lot of luck to equal Barry.

And an issued jersey of a nobody for $500? This is something you send to poor kids in Africa to wear.

It's all about today. You can easily photo match those current one's and you know exactly what game they came from and are unwashed and look really cool. 100% legit jerseys. I know I would pay more for a jersey I can photo match.

Adrian Peterson is as good as it gets for a current hot star. He is in news every weekend, on pace to be one of all time greats. Plus his jersey always show sick use, can't beat that.

Neely8
11-09-2009, 12:18 PM
You can probably get 5-6 Marshall Faulk gamers for the price of one Peterson. That makes no sense to me since I'd take Faulk in his prime any day over Peterson.

Jules9
11-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Maybe it was bought by a card company and is getting chopped up as we speak