PDA

View Full Version : Question re: World Series Bats

Dewey2007
11-08-2009, 12:43 PM
I was curious if Max Bats, Marruci or any of the other non-LVS bat companies make special World Series bats or does LVS have the rights to only produce bats that have "World Series" stamped on them.

If I remember correctly Adirondack only has WS and the Year stamped on the bottom of the knob of bats made for use in the series by players.

Thanks!

thomecollector
11-08-2009, 12:50 PM
I believe you are correct on the Rawlings stuff. I remember some Thome bats that had only the stamp on the knobs for the ALDS , ALCS, and WS.:D

thomecollector
11-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Dewey, Any chace you know any A's ticket holders ? Lmk.
Thanks,Roger

sox83cubs84
11-08-2009, 02:34 PM
I can't speak for the World Series (a concept that, save for 2005, is unfamiliar with most Chicagoans). I do know that, when the Cubs had their gift shop on the ground level of Tribune Tower 15-20 years ago, I recall seeing (and buying) Cooper bats that had a barrel marking of "1989 National League Championship Series" for the Cubs-Giants playoff series. I recall one being a bat of Marvell Wynne's, I don't remember who the other player was.

Dave M.
Chicago area

sctizzle
11-09-2009, 01:58 PM
As far as Marucci goes, I have a Chase Utley that I am probably going to put up for sale soon that is stamped 10/13/08, which was right before the World Series last year. There are no other extra stampings on the knob and this is the latest date I have seen on a Phillies bat from last year.

Scott
sjnyr@aol.com

tigerdale
11-23-2009, 11:15 AM
I have X bats & A Bats that have the world series verbage stamped in them (can post photos if anyone wants), but I think the crackdown came after the 2007 season where as now you'll only see LS have that.

OaklandAsFan
11-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Dewey, Any chace you know any A's ticket holders ? Lmk.
Thanks,Roger

Roger,

my mother has been an A's season ticket holder for years. you have a question?

BMH
11-24-2009, 12:36 PM
We are the only company allowed to put verbiage on the bats concerning the world series. Like it was mentioned, there was a crack down on the other companies because of this. This year Rawlings sent out letters to quite a few of the other bat companies concerning their trademarked "Stripe". We are also in contact with Marucci over their use of our trademark "Silver Slugger".

metsbats
11-24-2009, 07:26 PM
We are the only company allowed to put verbiage on the bats concerning the world series. Like it was mentioned, there was a crack down on the other companies because of this. This year Rawlings sent out letters to quite a few of the other bat companies concerning their trademarked "Stripe". We are also in contact with Marucci over their use of our trademark "Silver Slugger".

Brian,

That restriction applies to Rawlings as they stopped stamping WS and All Star game verbiage on their pro model bats starting in the mid 90's (94 or 96 I believe) and only have stamped the knobs (ie WS YYYY, A/S YY,etc)?

Is that correct?