Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ziggy
    • Oct 2007

Mears Auction....Wrong Identification

Road Atlanta Braves jersey? No...road Atlanta braves jerseys have always had "Atlanta" on front. This is obviously a Minor League Braves jersey...Richmond Braves, Rome Braves etc...
  • sox83cubs84
    Banned
    • Apr 2009

Re: Mears Auction....Wrong Identification

Originally posted by ziggy
    http://cgi.ebay.com/1990s-Atlanta-Br...#ht_2085wt_958

Road Atlanta Braves jersey? No...road Atlanta braves jerseys have always had "Atlanta" on front. This is obviously a Minor League Braves jersey...Richmond Braves, Rome Braves etc...
    I alerted my superiors at MEARS to that and several other goofs in the ID and writeups of their most recent eBay auction items. Not sure who made all the goofs, but it was highly unlikely that Troy did these...most likely a newer staffer.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Comment

• corsairs22
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by sox83cubs84
      I alerted my superiors at MEARS to that and several other goofs in the ID and writeups of their most recent eBay auction items. Not sure who made all the goofs, but it was highly unlikely that Troy did these...most likely a newer staffer.

Dave M.
      Chicago area
      Dave M
      How big is the staff there at the new headquarters?
      Mark L

Comment

• sox83cubs84
        Banned
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by corsairs22
        Dave M
        How big is the staff there at the new headquarters?
        Mark L
        I can't answer that, as I've not yet been to the new facility. For reasons I will not go into here, I've never really felt like trekking north to do it.

Dave M.
        Chicago area

Comment

• ndevlin
          • Mar 2008

The items they sell on Ebay, I wish all came with a LOA.

Comment

• gingi79
            • Aug 2007

Warren Spahn wore #21 for the Braves up to 1964 when they were still in Milwaukee. They moved to Atlanta in 1966.

According to Baseball Almanac, NO PLAYER EVER WORE #21 for the Atlanta Braves.

I double checked through other Braves resources and specifically from 1990 until 1999, no player wore #21 for the Atlanta Braves. #21 was then retired by the Braves for Warren Spahn when he was inducted into the Braves HOF in August 1999.

I don;t what this jersey is but it for sure is NOT a Game Used Atlanta Braves jersey.
            Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Comment

• sox83cubs84
              Banned
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by gingi79
              Warren Spahn wore #21 for the Braves up to 1964 when they were still in Milwaukee. They moved to Atlanta in 1966.

According to Baseball Almanac, NO PLAYER EVER WORE #21 for the Atlanta Braves.

I double checked through other Braves resources and specifically from 1990 until 1999, no player wore #21 for the Atlanta Braves. #21 was then retired by the Braves for Warren Spahn when he was inducted into the Braves HOF in August 1999.

I don;t what this jersey is but it for sure is NOT a Game Used Atlanta Braves jersey.
              It's legit, but on the level of Minor League use (Richmond or Greenville most likely). It was an apparent error in the write-up, given that no LOA or worksheet accompanies it.

Dave M.
              Chicago area

Comment

Working...