X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skyking26
    • Dec 2005

Poll

POLL:

If offered a holo'd HR uni with no set tag or a holo'd set 2 non-HR uni with better use and a belt, which would you take?

Thanks for the participation. Friends have it going a specific way...

RK
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com
  • gannonknight85
    • Aug 2008

Re: Poll

i personally would be more interested in the set 2 with more use and the belt. For me I want to know that it was used a lot, home runs are not any more valueable to me, i know to others they are, just not to me.

Comment

• WadeInBmore
      • Sep 2007

Holo'd set 2 with use...unless the hr is significant.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
        Banned
        • Apr 2009

I'm in agreement with the 3 previous posters.

Dave M.
        Chicago area

Comment

• TNTtoys
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by skyking26
          POLL:

If offered a holo'd HR uni with no set tag or a holo'd set 2 non-HR uni with better use and a belt, which would you take?

Thanks for the participation. Friends have it going a specific way...

RK
          I am not 100% sure but are you implying that the home run jersey should have had a set tag? If so, I would go with the set 2 with the use. Improperly tagged uniforms are too much of a red flag for me -- no matter who is vouching for them.
          Looking for ...
          Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
          Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
          Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• skyking26
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by TNTtoys
            I am not 100% sure but are you implying that the home run jersey should have had a set tag? If so, I would go with the set 2 with the use. Improperly tagged uniforms are too much of a red flag for me -- no matter who is vouching for them.
            No, absolutely not. I guess beyond the Set 2's....the team did not tag for set numbers.
            ROBERT KOPPEL
            Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
            and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• TNTtoys
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by skyking26
              No, absolutely not. I guess beyond the Set 2's....the team did not tag for set numbers.
              Then, if it's considered 'normal' to have no set tag, I would probably weigh out the provenance and if it's rock solid, I would personally go for the home run jersey. In fact, I would also try to bring up a photo or some video of the actual home run to further support it.

If "not tagging beyond set 2" is simply speculation, I would still avoid the jersey.
              Looking for ...
              Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
              Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
              Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• WadeInBmore
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by TNTtoys
                Then, if it's considered 'normal' to have no set tag, I would probably weigh out the provenance and if it's rock solid, I would personally go for the home run jersey. In fact, I would also try to bring up a photo or some video of the actual home run to further support it.

If "not tagging beyond set 2" is simply speculation, I would still avoid the jersey.
                Both are holo'd which should make photo matching easy no matter which jersey is taken. If the hr jersey was "retired" after the homerun then I would imagine that the set 2 jersey that shows wear might be able to be matched to other hr's if that's the driving force.

Wade

Comment

• allstarsplus
                  • Nov 2005

Both jerseys are MLB hologram'd and both have 2009 year tags.

Both pants are set tagged. One is Set 2 to go with the Set 2 jersey and one is Set 9 to go with the jersey with no Set tag.

The HR jersey has no set tag.

The Set 2 jersey has much more use and 1 inch extra length added too.

I would take the Set 2 also since the HR wasn't a significant HR.
                  Regards,
                  Andrew Lang
                  AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                  202-716-8500

Comment

• allstarsplus
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by allstarsplus
                    Both jerseys are MLB hologram'd and both have 2009 year tags.

Both pants are set tagged. One is Set 2 to go with the Set 2 jersey and one is Set 9 to go with the jersey with no Set tag.

The HR jersey has no set tag.

The Set 2 jersey has much more use and 1 inch extra length added too.

I would take the Set 2 also since the HR wasn't a significant HR.
                    Since you know when the Set 2 was last used because of the date on the MLB hologram, there is a good chance to photomatch back to HRs also.
                    Regards,
                    Andrew Lang
                    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                    202-716-8500

Comment

Working...