PDA

View Full Version : Poll

skyking26
11-09-2009, 10:50 AM
POLL:

If offered a holo'd HR uni with no set tag or a holo'd set 2 non-HR uni with better use and a belt, which would you take?

Thanks for the participation. Friends have it going a specific way...

RK

gannonknight85
11-09-2009, 11:26 AM
i personally would be more interested in the set 2 with more use and the belt. For me I want to know that it was used a lot, home runs are not any more valueable to me, i know to others they are, just not to me.

WadeInBmore
11-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Holo'd set 2 with use...unless the hr is significant.

sox83cubs84
11-09-2009, 03:50 PM
I'm in agreement with the 3 previous posters.

Dave M.
Chicago area

TNTtoys
11-09-2009, 04:00 PM
POLL:

If offered a holo'd HR uni with no set tag or a holo'd set 2 non-HR uni with better use and a belt, which would you take?

Thanks for the participation. Friends have it going a specific way...

RK

I am not 100% sure but are you implying that the home run jersey should have had a set tag? If so, I would go with the set 2 with the use. Improperly tagged uniforms are too much of a red flag for me -- no matter who is vouching for them.

skyking26
11-09-2009, 04:38 PM
I am not 100% sure but are you implying that the home run jersey should have had a set tag? If so, I would go with the set 2 with the use. Improperly tagged uniforms are too much of a red flag for me -- no matter who is vouching for them.
No, absolutely not. I guess beyond the Set 2's....the team did not tag for set numbers.

TNTtoys
11-09-2009, 05:01 PM
No, absolutely not. I guess beyond the Set 2's....the team did not tag for set numbers.

Then, if it's considered 'normal' to have no set tag, I would probably weigh out the provenance and if it's rock solid, I would personally go for the home run jersey. In fact, I would also try to bring up a photo or some video of the actual home run to further support it.

If "not tagging beyond set 2" is simply speculation, I would still avoid the jersey.

WadeInBmore
11-10-2009, 12:43 AM
Then, if it's considered 'normal' to have no set tag, I would probably weigh out the provenance and if it's rock solid, I would personally go for the home run jersey. In fact, I would also try to bring up a photo or some video of the actual home run to further support it.

If "not tagging beyond set 2" is simply speculation, I would still avoid the jersey.

Both are holo'd which should make photo matching easy no matter which jersey is taken. If the hr jersey was "retired" after the homerun then I would imagine that the set 2 jersey that shows wear might be able to be matched to other hr's if that's the driving force.

Wade

allstarsplus
11-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Both jerseys are MLB hologram'd and both have 2009 year tags.

Both pants are set tagged. One is Set 2 to go with the Set 2 jersey and one is Set 9 to go with the jersey with no Set tag.

The HR jersey has no set tag.

The Set 2 jersey has much more use and 1 inch extra length added too.

I would take the Set 2 also since the HR wasn't a significant HR. ;)

allstarsplus
11-10-2009, 09:02 AM
Both jerseys are MLB hologram'd and both have 2009 year tags.

Both pants are set tagged. One is Set 2 to go with the Set 2 jersey and one is Set 9 to go with the jersey with no Set tag.

The HR jersey has no set tag.

The Set 2 jersey has much more use and 1 inch extra length added too.

I would take the Set 2 also since the HR wasn't a significant HR. ;)

Since you know when the Set 2 was last used because of the date on the MLB hologram, there is a good chance to photomatch back to HRs also.