Opinions - Photomatch or need more evidence?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 5kRunner
    • Aug 2007

Opinions - Photomatch or need more evidence?

I received my Geovany Soto photo from AP Images today, and its crystal clear. The loose thread on the Cubs patch shows up perfectly. Is it safe to call if a photomatch? Do I need to find other "loose threads", etc. to call it a match. Just looking for opinions. Thanks!
    Attached Files
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    sigpic
  • 5kRunner
    • Aug 2007

Re: Opinions - Photomatch or need more evidence?

No one has an opinion?

Typically whenever someones says "photomatch" people are ready to fight to the death proving it wrong.

I feel its a match, but if the consensus is that a jersey can't be matched to only one detail, I'll keep examining.
    SCOTT

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    sigpic

Comment

• joelsabi
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by 5kRunner
      No one has an opinion?

Typically whenever someones says "photomatch" people are ready to fight to the death proving it wrong.

I feel its a match, but if the consensus is that a jersey can't be matched to only one detail, I'll keep examining.
      theres some great matching spots on the number if you can find a photo of the jersey in the back. theres a small stain on the left side on the front of the jersey.
      Regards,
      Joel S.
      joelsabi @ gmail.com
      Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• 5kRunner
        • Aug 2007

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how many other pics of a ST/BP jersey I'll find. I'll keep looking though.

Yeah, that stain on the "8" would be easy to match.
        SCOTT

sigpic

Comment

• David
          • Sep 2024

I wouldn't call it proof from one detail, but I agree the threads match and the patches are in like alignment with the buttons. At the least, it is good evidence.

Comment

• 5kRunner
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by David
            I wouldn't call it proof from one detail, but I agree the threads match and the patches are in like alignment with the buttons. At the least, it is good evidence.
            Thanks David! Thats what I was looking for. I'll keep examining.
            SCOTT

sigpic

Comment

Working...