PDA

View Full Version : Opinions - Photomatch or need more evidence?

5kRunner
11-09-2009, 09:24 PM
I received my Geovany Soto photo from AP Images today, and its crystal clear. The loose thread on the Cubs patch shows up perfectly. Is it safe to call if a photomatch? Do I need to find other "loose threads", etc. to call it a match. Just looking for opinions. Thanks!

5kRunner
11-10-2009, 11:38 AM
No one has an opinion?

Typically whenever someones says "photomatch" people are ready to fight to the death proving it wrong.

I feel its a match, but if the consensus is that a jersey can't be matched to only one detail, I'll keep examining.

joelsabi
11-10-2009, 11:47 AM
No one has an opinion?

Typically whenever someones says "photomatch" people are ready to fight to the death proving it wrong.

I feel its a match, but if the consensus is that a jersey can't be matched to only one detail, I'll keep examining.

theres some great matching spots on the number if you can find a photo of the jersey in the back. theres a small stain on the left side on the front of the jersey.

5kRunner
11-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how many other pics of a ST/BP jersey I'll find. I'll keep looking though.

Yeah, that stain on the "8" would be easy to match.

David
11-10-2009, 12:24 PM
I wouldn't call it proof from one detail, but I agree the threads match and the patches are in like alignment with the buttons. At the least, it is good evidence.

5kRunner
11-10-2009, 01:38 PM
I wouldn't call it proof from one detail, but I agree the threads match and the patches are in like alignment with the buttons. At the least, it is good evidence.

Thanks David! Thats what I was looking for. I'll keep examining.