PDA

View Full Version : Overbay to the Mets & Varitek Out!! - Interesting moves going on!!

suave1477
11-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Interesting moves going on that the Mets are trying to get Overbay and that the Red Sox did not pick up Varitek.
They resigned VMart & Wakefield

emann
11-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Interesting moves going on that the Mets are trying to get Overbay and that the Red Sox did not pick up Varitek.
They resigned VMart & Wakefield

Varitek has a 3mil player option, he'll be back (who else would want him?)...

gameused
11-10-2009, 01:22 PM
Tek has until Saturday to exercise that option which he will as no team will pay 3 mil. for his services.

Red Sox have stated that V. Martinez will be the everyday catcher and Tek the back-up. I heard rumors that Varitek will likely be the bench coach after retirement.

suave1477
11-10-2009, 01:55 PM
I heard rumors that Varitek will likely be the bench coach after retirement.

That would be the perfect picture move for the Red Sox, from what has been said about Tek that he is a leader in the clubhouse and has a lot of respect from his teamates. It would be a perfect situation to roll him over to become the bench coach to groom him down the road under Francona's tutelage to become the next Manager.

karamaxjoe
11-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Varitek will be the next Mike Scioscia.

allstarsplus
11-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Varitek has a 3mil player option, he'll be back (who else would want him?)...

I agree unless the Yankees decide they need another ex-Red Sox player. Most likely 2010 will be his last year as a player (but you never know).

Lokee
11-10-2009, 05:33 PM
I agree unless the Yankees decide they need another ex-Red Sox player. Most likely 2010 will be his last year as a player (but you never know).

Damn that would be a slap in the face if Tek went to the Yankees. I think he has more class than that coughjohnnydamoncough

emann
11-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Damn that would be a slap in the face if Tek went to the Yankees. I think he has more class than that coughjohnnydamoncough

It would be a crazy move on his part... If he stays w/ the Sox, they'll treat him well after he retires. He'll go in the Red Sox Hall of Fame, get a cushy job either as a coach or broadcaster, etc.

If he went to the Yankees, he'd be treated like an outcast (look at Boggs, it's a crime they haven't retired his Sox number yet).