PDA

View Full Version : BMH: 2009 World Series bat question

metsbats
11-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Brian,

Can you please share with us if HB made souvenir or promo 2009 World Series bats for certain players which would differ from their regular game bats?

For example if a player is known to use only double dipped bats for game use were non-double dipped 2009 World Series stamped bats made for souvenirs?

Thanks

cmw2ward
11-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Are you asking about Jeter?

BMH
11-12-2009, 06:59 AM
To be honest I'll have to look into that. I know we are making a lot of Jeter bats for something, but it's in Special Brands and I usually avoid the area because our worker will talk you to death.

I know we made a lot of game bats for this world series. I know we made at least a dozen Arods and at least eight Jeters and I know Posada's first order was for six instead of the usual two. Then again watching the games these guys were breaking some bats!

metsbats
11-12-2009, 07:04 AM
Brian,

Here's a photo of the bat in question.

Thanks

BMH
11-12-2009, 07:28 AM
Yep, souvie bats.

metsbats
11-12-2009, 08:36 AM
Yep, souvie bats.

Thanks for confirming this Brian!

cmw2ward
11-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Brian,

I was just wondering how many souvie bats were made? Are they being made for other players, and are they gonna be available to the public? Thanks as always.

Tim

tmw2ward@hotmail.com

gamebatsports
11-12-2009, 03:50 PM
I have the above jeter bat - which I mistakenly thought was a game issued bat - . Thanks Brian for the clarification. If anyone is interested in it, please email me zak@brring.com. Thanks

MLB_Authentic
11-12-2009, 04:12 PM
The grain count alone should have told you it wasnt a issued or used bat. No way Jeter even touches a bat with grains like that.

metsbats
11-12-2009, 06:18 PM
The grain count alone should have told you it wasnt a issued or used bat. No way Jeter even touches a bat with grains like that.

That's correct. The grain count and the fact that you can even see the grains at all since Jeter uses double dipped bats was a red flag.

Once again kudos to Zak for being open to this feedback regarding the bat in his possession and for Brian for his help confirming the type of bat this is.

While it's not a game bat I think it's still a nice collectible from this year's WS and the Yankee captain.

tigerdale
11-23-2009, 11:04 AM
just curious, other than the grain, is there anyway to tell this was a sovie bat & not issued?? Why no line under the 125??

BMH
11-24-2009, 12:31 PM
That is how Steiner ordered them, without the underline.

allstarsplus
11-24-2009, 03:05 PM
I have the above jeter bat - which I mistakenly thought was a game issued bat - . Thanks Brian for the clarification. If anyone is interested in it, please email me zak@brring.com. Thanks

Zak and I discussed this exact bat and was pleased that we came to a quick conclusion on what it really was.

I hope Zak didn't spend too much on it as I know how excited he was when he thought it was a game issued Jeter World Series bat.

metsbats
11-24-2009, 06:47 PM
One of the key differences between this souvenir bat and a real game issue would be the absence of the 09 stamping on the knob.

Zane Burns brought this up to me today when he asked what was stamped on the knob.

Zak confirmed that nothing was stamped.

Zane has a legit Cano 09 WS game issued which has the proper stamping.