PDA

View Full Version : game worn patriots brady jersey?

clinton2828
11-11-2009, 09:11 PM
if it came from the nfl what would it go for? i have been searching for year with no luck ?

legaleagle92481
11-11-2009, 10:02 PM
I have yet to see one either, legit Patriots game used stuff seems to be very scarce. I would say between 10 and 20k if one ever came up but due to the rarity of the item and the quality of the player it would not shock me if it went for more. Especially if Jo Sports could get 25k for a Farve (which they apparently did last week) and there are several other Farve's out there from this year alone and the Vikings are not the team he enjoyed his glory days with. And I don't think Farve is as good as Brady after all Tom is the only QB ever to throw 50 TDs in a season has won 3 Super Bowls and two Super Bowl MVPs and he has a good 5 years left.

clinton2828
11-11-2009, 10:09 PM
agree 100% with everything you said, i can see him palying another 7-8 years also .

i would be willing to pay up to 20-15k but would be worried about them ever selling his jerseys which would kill the value, just like what is happening with arod and jeter yankees jerseys.

hiflyer56
11-11-2009, 10:20 PM
you should try to contact Jarrod from JO, Ask him if he could get his hands on one...

NEfootballguy
11-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Hey CLINTON2828, If you don't mind please email me at bakersj@insightbb.com I may have something that I am considering selling that may or may not interest you. Take care, NEFOOTBALLGUY

clinton2828
11-12-2009, 08:53 AM
ne,

thanks, emial sent. i will contact jarod to see what he says. he seems to be one of the best in the business.

hiflyer56
11-12-2009, 12:27 PM
I sent you an email. I have a 07 complete Brady uniform (jersey/pants) lmk.

hiflyer56
11-12-2009, 07:05 PM
For everyone that emailed me the pics were sent out.

hiflyer56
11-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Hey, guys lmk what you think. I think the two shoulder marks match up perfect.

hiflyer56
11-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Look at the top edge of the "2". The yellow mark and the peal matches up perfect

clinton2828
06-29-2010, 10:58 AM
i came across this old thread, as i am still looking for a gw brady, what do you guys think about this suspected "photo match" i passed on this jersey a while back.

intheminors
06-29-2010, 11:17 AM
I've been talking to a guy I know with the Patriots about this same thing. I'm trying not to badger him but at the same time trying get him to put in a word or two for me. He's been very good about e-mail and phone calls though.

So far, nothing has come of it yet but who knows what will happen.

Kyle

clinton2828
06-29-2010, 01:43 PM
i dont see the "photo match" that the seller claimed, can somoene who maybe can see one point it out?

Jags Fan Dan
06-29-2010, 02:41 PM
These parts do look similar.

Jags Fan Dan
06-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Also, this looks to be in the same area on the pants:

gaytorhater703
06-29-2010, 03:21 PM
im not an expert but that white mark on the pants looks to be on the red stripe on one pic and the blue stripe on the other pic...imo

Jags Fan Dan
06-29-2010, 03:26 PM
I would not disagree with that. My thought was that if it is loose threads it could be laying over the blue from the red in the photo of the uniform.

beantown
06-29-2010, 03:31 PM
Wouldn't touch anything that didn't come from the Patriots/NFL Auctions...unless, there was a 100% definitive photo-match...

hockeytigers
06-29-2010, 03:55 PM
This Brady jersey is 100% game used. A guy on the forum is the proud owner of this jersey. There are specific marks on the shoulder that are easily photomatched to several photos. This jersey has a ton of hit marks on the front and back, that match up with all photos. I helped him photomatch this jersey...it's awesome!!

beantown
06-29-2010, 06:48 PM
There is one thing on this jersey that tells me ITS NOT GAME USED...but as long as its sold and the new buyer is happy, I'll keep it to myself......

clinton2828
06-29-2010, 07:51 PM
good point about the mark on the pants, it clearly not a match. not to say another pics may match but that one clearly dose not.

also the mark on the front of the jerey appears to be a mark that flows from left to right while the mark in the photo appears to me clearly north/south. also what about the other marks such ad the black marks on the #2 on the back that i could not find one match for. those white marks are very easy to doctor.

i was offered this jersey as well and trolled through many pics from getty,corbis, nfl and could not find those marks anywhere.

can anyone provide more photos that clearly match ?

NE, also reason why you would not share that info?

Mulligans
06-29-2010, 08:20 PM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=3114&page=47

Guys ....I own this Jersey which is from the January 7th Wildcard game against the Jets. I displayed it a while ago under June Pickups and the photomatch thread. This is absolutely 100% photo matched to this game although nothing is so certain until you are actually holding it in your hands. The right soldier, nameplate and front number are spot on. Its hard to show them all, but I have dozens of great photos to make it conclusive. The guy that was trying to peddle the Jersey had never seen the Jersey in person, so he was missing the most important match on Brady's right shoulder.

It is a great Jersey and it came with the written provenance of its origination from Wes Welker. It came with the pants, shoes, helmet and play wrist band.

Mulligans
06-29-2010, 08:27 PM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=3114&page=2

I may have posted the wrong link last time.

beantown
06-29-2010, 08:47 PM
You stated that you photo matched this jersey to the 01/07/2007 wildcard game vs. the Jets...

This jersey is tagged "07-48"....wouldn't Brady be wearing an "06-48" jersey..."07" jerseys wouldn't come out to the beginning of the 2007 NFL season.....:confused:

Mulligans
06-29-2010, 09:26 PM
The Patriots confirmed that it is a common practice at the end of the season to use the next years Tagging.

clinton2828
06-29-2010, 09:42 PM
wes welker? the seller told me he got it from a connection to rodney harrsion; the guy was located in new york if i remember correct;

one other thing, those marks are close, but there is no black marks on the white number on the back which are clear from the pictures that are not on that of those from the game ; check out this one you will see what i am talking about

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/78905590/Getty-Images-Sport

beantown
06-29-2010, 09:45 PM
The Patriots confirmed that it is a common practice at the end of the season to use the next years Tagging.

never heard that before.....

clinton2828
06-29-2010, 09:49 PM
also i had a hard time find the other marks circled in the orginal pics he sent me to the jersey?

clinton2828
06-29-2010, 09:53 PM
to be clear before i make any other comments i want to make it clear i am in no way trying to attack the owner of the jersey in anyway. i am not saying it is game used or not i want to keep this on the facts / photos of the jerseys. i am trying to learn as much as i can about gw brady jersey so i can feel confident spending the $15k plus it would take to own one if that time and opp came.

i am just passing along what the own stated to me.

Mulligans
06-29-2010, 10:03 PM
You were chatting with Hiflyer 56 who did not own the Jersey and had never even seen the Jersey. His name is Stephen and he posted the photos here first. The seller confirmed that Stephen was out trying to sell the Jersey before he tried to buy it. He was banned from the site last year. You are correct that he is from NY.

The source that I purchased the Jersey from works for the NFL and is a close friend of Wes Welkers.

As for not seeing the mark on the number? Did you ever consider that it did not exist at the time of the photo? If any of you guys live in the Boston Area, you are more than welcome to come see the Jersey and you will no longer have any doubts that this is the exact Jersey. If you just can't live with the authenticity of this Jersey, then we can agree to disagree....I have the Jersey and have no doubts whatsoever of its origin or its authenticity. :)

clinton2828
06-29-2010, 10:08 PM
i circled a couple minor details about the jersey mulligans i was encourage you to try to match up to this jersey.

1) the area on circle on the tail of the pats logo which has a long loose string that is not in the one game photo

2) if you look close at the bottom left corner of the Reebok logo there spears to be some clear fraying/pilling in the corner of the logo in the game photos but none in the photos of the jersey

3) if you look closely at the area between the #1 and #2 straight down there is no signs of dirt in the photos of the game compared to ones of the jersey up-close.

i know these are minor details but when jerseys shows little use these are at times what can add to a jerseys province ; mulligans what so you see from the jersey in person ?

clinton2828
06-29-2010, 10:12 PM
i hope it is real ! we all do there are alot of dishonest people in this industry!

let me know if you find these marks / small details on the jersey may be frmn the jets game or these marks may prove it to be form another game !

clinton2828
06-29-2010, 10:22 PM
hey if you are happy and confident that is all that matters you own the jersey ! i agree with you 100%! i was very leary of the jersey when it was offered and just wondered what happened to it and where it was, i have not seen one brady jersey i have been comfortable with buying expect the one in nfl auctions and i have seen dozens !

beantown
06-29-2010, 10:23 PM
Forget about all the marks on the jersey...this is the definitive answer....Brady's hemmed tail, DOESN'T have an elastic waistband...they are just hemmed!!!!

Picture is from 01/07/2007 Wildcard game vs. Jets...

clinton2828
06-29-2010, 10:38 PM
bean,

amazing pick up! i will tell you what you are by far the #1 expert on this board when it comes to pats jerseys.

lets try to help him find a pic to a game that it matches up to now !

93cobra
06-30-2010, 08:12 PM
Brady has changed over the years as far as the hem goes. You can go to The Hall at Patriot Place and view his game worn SB38 Jersey (2003)....it is NOT hemmed not elastic...and NOT kiss cut. From what I have seen somewhere between the 06 and start of 07 season he switched to elastic hem.

non hem 2004
http://www.milehighcardco.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=15928&searchby=3&searchvalue=brady&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=100&category=1

Hemmed 2007
http://www.profootballhof.com/history/2009/12/8/tom-bradys-jersey/

93cobra
06-30-2010, 08:15 PM
07 Game Issued...has elastic hem

clinton2828
06-30-2010, 08:20 PM
cobra,

that white jersey is not even game issued it was just on ebay last month. it had many hit marks on it yet none matched one game phot. that jersey has never seen the pats locker room it should not be a point of reference.

93cobra
06-30-2010, 08:50 PM
cobra,

that white jersey is not even game issued it was just on ebay last month. it had many hit marks on it yet none matched one game phot. that jersey has never seen the pats locker room it should not be a point of reference.

this is not from ebay it has no hits on it it has not been worn

93cobra
06-30-2010, 08:54 PM
are you referring to this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320512175075&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

93cobra
06-30-2010, 09:03 PM
or are you referring to the mile high card co or the picture I posted?

clinton2828
06-30-2010, 10:33 PM
the white one with the wood background from the second post you made.

that one was just on ebay

93cobra
07-01-2010, 06:03 AM
Interesting. what are your concerns? Im confused because I dont't see the hit marks you are referring to in the picture.

clinton2828
07-01-2010, 08:55 AM
you cant because the pics are to small , point being that that jersey did not come from the pats, lets face it they DO NOT sell or release jerseys game worn or team issued, with that said that jersey should not be used as a point of refrence but rather game photos alone.

CollectGU
07-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Forget about all the marks on the jersey...this is the definitive answer....Brady's hemmed tail, DOESN'T have an elastic waistband...they are just hemmed!!!!

Picture is from 01/07/2007 Wildcard game vs. Jets...

Great pick up. I guess that this proof now absolutely refutes that this is the jersey from the game that is was purpoted to be photmatched to....

Dave

93cobra
07-01-2010, 09:32 AM
cobra,

you cant because the pics are to small , point being that that jersey did not come from the pats, lets face it they DO NOT sell or release jerseys game worn or team issued, with that said that jersey should not be used as a point of refrence but rather game photos alone.

so its not game issued/pro cut because the pics are too small and the pats don't release jerseys? I still don't follow you with the "hit marks" this jersey appears to have never been worn

93cobra
07-01-2010, 09:50 AM
so its not game issued/pro cut because the pics are too small and the pats don't release jerseys? I still don't follow you with the "hit marks" this jersey appears to have never been worn

I was wondering if you had a reason like wrong font, incorrect cut, etc....

TNT29
07-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Here is an 07 Brady Highland Mint was selling.

hockeytigers
07-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Beantown and others...

I find it hard to believe that the jersey Mulligans has is a fake... so I decided to try and figure out if Beantown is correct and can tell that the Brady jersey does not have elastic on the bottom from a photo.

I only own one legit Patriots jersey so my sample size is pretty small! :)

Let's have some fun and see who can get this right.

What do you think the bottom (tail) of this Gostkowski jersey actually looks like based on the picture? Is the bottom of this jersey trimmed and sewn with elastic, trimmed and sewn without elastic, not touched?

beantown
07-01-2010, 10:45 PM
It has an elastic waistband....

hockeytigers
07-01-2010, 11:06 PM
that's cheating... :)

CollectGU
07-02-2010, 08:10 AM
On the Brady pictures posted by Beantown , it appears that you can see the end of the hem line where the Gostowski jersey clearly appears to be tucked back under? What are people's thoughts? Is the hemline on the brady visible or is the elastic waistband just tucked up under in the photo making it appear to be hemmed?

Dave

hockeytigers
07-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Here is another picture from the same game that looks to me like there is elastic at the bottom of the jersey.

Dewey2007
07-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Here is another picture from the same game that looks to me like there is elastic at the bottom of the jersey.

I agree. You have to take into account that he is wearing some thick padding under his jersey so that stretches the jersey out around his waist area so the pictures could be a little deceiving.

beantown
07-02-2010, 02:30 PM
No elastic waistbands on '06 - current Brady jerseys...Moreover, the '09 Brady AFL Throwback from NFL Auctions...NO ELASTIC WAISTBAND.....

beantown
07-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Brady's '05 Gamer from the Patriots Hall of Fame....thick elastic waistband w/ tail tags...

Mulligans
07-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Hey Guys….Sorry that I have not been able to weigh in on the controversy, but I have been doing the family thing.

I have only had The Brady Jersey for a few weeks and so far, I am quite confident that this is Brady’s Jersey from the Jets game in question. I have gathered and continue to gather information about the Jerseys history, photo matches, video analysis, and input from the Patriots. With each bit of new information, it only gets better. Honestly guys..….the waistband analysis is much to do about nothing. I can configure the waistband to do whatever I want it to do and make a photo look whatever I want it to look like. I guess that is why they call it elastic?

It is very difficult for anyone to come to any conclusion without actually holding the Jersey in their hands. I have watched the video of this game several times and it just does not get ant better than having the Jersey in your hands as you hit the rewind and freeze button.

Photos are nice, but they don’t really do much to present clarity….. If you saw the game use and staining on this Jersey, I am sure that you would see my point of view. Sure, I guess anyone could fake a Jersey, but to what level? How can you duplicate a helmet burn to perfection? Paint staining that overlays perfectly, a nameplate and number that are a 100% spot on match and not duplicated on any other Jersey that I could find photographed over the last 6 years? I guess anything is possible, but really?

I will continue to gather info and let you guys know as soon as I’m done with my homework….I hope that it continues to work out in my favor.

Do you want to hear something funny though….I just picked up a real nice Brady Play wristband (2 minute offense still in tact) from another Forum member. The wristband and the Jersey smell exactly the same! It is like a musky BO mixed with perfumed skin cream!

Any forensic scientists out there?:D

HAVE A GREAT 4th EVERYONE!

clinton2828
07-06-2010, 01:53 PM
bean,

great point about the waist band. to me it is clear that jersey from the jets game dose not have a elastic waist band.

mulligans,

my other question would be what about the other marks on the jersey that do not appears to not match up to other photos from that game.

the black marks on the #2 on the back of the jersey .