PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod Game Used Bat Question

MikeSINY
11-12-2009, 09:06 AM
I currently have a Alex Rodriguez game used bat authenticated by PSA. Alex is doing a signing by my house this weekend and I was thinking of having it signed. Would having Alex sign the bat increase the value? Or would it not make much of a difference? Please let me know.

Thanks

3arod13
11-12-2009, 09:31 AM
I currently have a Alex Rodriguez game used bat authenticated by PSA. Alex is doing a signing by my house this weekend and I was thinking of having it signed. Would having Alex sign the bat increase the value? Or would it not make much of a difference? Please let me know.

Thanks

There have been posts about this in the past, which resulted in some saying yes, and some saying no. Some prefer no signature on their gamer.

Personally, I like mine autographed by the player.

As far as increasing the value, I say it does.

Regards, Tony

MikeSINY
11-12-2009, 09:49 AM
There have been posts about this in the past, which resulted in some saying yes, and some saying no. Some prefer no signature on their gamer.

Personally, I like mine autographed by the player.

As far as increasing the value, I say it does.

Regards, Tony

Yea I figured it would be nice. I really don't have an extensive collection of game used bats yet. I think I'm going to go ahead and have the bat signed. Thanks for the input.

3arod13
11-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Yea I figured it would be nice. I really don't have an extensive collection of game used bats yet. I think I'm going to go ahead and have the bat signed. Thanks for the input.

Be careful. If the signature is sloppy, it will detract from the bat and demand less money.

Make sure you request a nice signature before he signs it.

Regards, Tony

legaleagle92481
11-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Personally, I think having a signed gamer is cool especially if the player is willing to inscribe it game used. However, Arod is not a rare autograph and the cost of getting the gamer signed probably outweighs any value it will add to the item. (I assume you are refering to the Nov. 14th signing for which the prices are very high) Last month an AROD signed gamer from 2006 with the game used inscription and the game use authenticated by MLB sold on Ebay for $1,500 and that was mere hours after the Yanks clinched a World Series berth. So if you invested alot in the bat itself (which I am assuming you did) I would be very cautious before investing alot of money in getting it signed as the total amount you invested in the item in that case may exceed the amount of money you will realize when you sell it.

BULBUS
11-12-2009, 10:29 AM
I agree with legaleagle. Considering the outrageous fee for the autograph, I would pass. Anyway, unsigned Arod gamers are more rare than signed ones.

-Chris

cjclong
11-12-2009, 02:53 PM
I used to try to get my game used bats signed, but now, except for something like a home run bat that the player has to authenticate I keep them unsigned. The signature sort of alters the game used collectible. But its really a matter of personal choice.

3arod13
11-12-2009, 06:20 PM
Not sure where this signing is. But if it's where I believe it is, having the bat signed for a fee of $400 is insane.

Regards, Tony