PDA

View Full Version : Alex Rodriguez HR #303 Bat

joelsabi
11-12-2009, 11:23 AM
not in the market for one, but this price is super low with few hours left. How many people think the seller could renege on the deal if his price is not high enough? (feedback of seller is 85.7%)just wondering why no one is bidding on this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250525858397&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

joelsabi
11-12-2009, 06:26 PM
not in the market for one, but this price is super low with few hours left. How many people think the seller could renege on the deal if his price is not high enough? (feedback of seller is 85.7%)just wondering why no one is bidding on this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250525858397&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

wow. less than $650.

gameu08
11-12-2009, 09:24 PM
wish i would have saw this...dam

3arod13
11-13-2009, 04:28 AM
I emailed the seller and told him if the winner didn't come through, I'm interested. Seller's response:

Not to come off as a prick, but I honestly can't afford to sell this for $600. I have been out of town since Monday, and forgot the auction ended today. I was quite shocked to see the final sell price when I got an e-mail on my cell phone earlier. Now I'm in a bad spot. I don't want to reneg on the winning bidder, but at the same time this bat is easily worth twice the winning bid. Had I checked the auction out yesterday I would have ended it seeing that no one was bidding. I know my feedback is probably what is stopping some, if not most, people from bidding. But it's the only avenue I know of to sell it. I'll be honest with you....I paid $1475 for the bat, and was willing to let it got for $1100, maybe $1000. I honestly thought it would reach that plateau, which it did the first time I listed it. Then made the mistake of ending it for a $1200 offer which the guy never paid. Which really ticked me off. As it probably would have reached $1200-$1300 or higher. I just don't know what to do at this point. All I do know I can't afford to sell it for $616....

justinlm24
11-13-2009, 11:12 AM
hey 3rod13, I am the seller of this bat....and I knew this was the only reason you sent me the e-mail....I'm not as dumb as you look.....

Buyer will be paying for it today, so he says....I am well aware of you and your antics with ebay sellers....I figured I'd play along with it just to test my theories on you....and look....I was right...HAHAHA you should prolly get a life. Have a wonderful day.....

3arod13
11-13-2009, 11:32 AM
hey 3rod13, I am the seller of this bat....and I knew this was the only reason you sent me the e-mail....I'm not as dumb as you look.....

Buyer will be paying for it today, so he says....I am well aware of you and your antics with ebay sellers....I figured I'd play along with it just to test my theories on you....and look....I was right...HAHAHA you should prolly get a life. Have a wonderful day.....

As I stated to you in my initial email, and posted here on GUU, "if the winner does not pay, I'm interested." There was no other reason than that! Not sure where you come off with these remarks. I don’t play games, and there are no antics you are aware of with me and other ebay sellers, as there aren’t any.

As far as posting your response on GUU, it was adding info to the thread (which we all do), and by the way was not initiated by me. There was no intent to do you any wrong/harm. I understand your struggle, as I have been there before with items I’ve sold in the past. I actually don’t see anything wrong with your response, so don’t be so defensive.

As far as you stating you figured you would play along to test your theories about me, give me a break. If you knew that was my intent, you wouldn’t have responded as you did. Both my ebay and GUU ID is the same (3arod13).

Regards, Tony

justinlm24
11-13-2009, 11:53 AM
not saying you meant any harm, I just found it funny I saw the thread about my item, then got that e-mail from you....I knew whatever it was that I said to you would end up being posted here, and low and behold it was. but for the record, even if the buyer does pay....which he hasn't yet, I highly doubt this bat is going anywhere for $616.....I'll be the first to admit that is pretty low on my part to back out...but this bat is worth far more than $616...nearly a $900 loss on my part....I woulda settled for a $200 maybe even $300 loss...but $900....not gonna happen...

joelsabi
11-13-2009, 11:56 AM
hey 3rod13, I am the seller of this bat....and I knew this was the only reason you sent me the e-mail....

I do not see what was wrong with Tony's email to you. You read into things too deeply. You had been burned before with a non payment so his email showing interest was appropriate.

As for me initiating this thread, I think I made a valid concern of why this auction price was so low and what a bargain price it may fetch. My "reneg" statement was based on a previous Ebay transaction feedback you have. I was hoping someone on the board who likes to flip items would buy it. In the end, my assessment was correct - huge bargain.

justinlm24
11-13-2009, 12:17 PM
First I don't have a problem with his e-mil, other than the fact the only reason he sent it was to post my response. He has no real interest in buying the bat. otherwise I would have offered it to him. As I do not plan on selling it for $616. I know my feedback is what kept people from bidding. that and because I ended it early before...but oh well...guess I learned from that mistake. Well if anyone is genuinely interested you can e-mail me at: poolsharky_05@yahoo.com

earlywynnfan
11-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Interesting...

I was the underbidder, and I would have bid higher, but my wife was yapping in my ear and by the time I got away from her, it had closed.

I'm sorry you took a beating on this bat, but if you are not going to honor your part of the contract, that makes me very sure I won't ever bid with you. You complain that a non-payer stiffed you, so you turn around and stiff someone who does pay?? (Assuming they pay up; I would have.) That's not right.

ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

3arod13
11-13-2009, 12:38 PM
First I don't have a problem with his e-mil, other than the fact the only reason he sent it was to post my response. He has no real interest in buying the bat. otherwise I would have offered it to him. As I do not plan on selling it for $616. I know my feedback is what kept people from bidding. that and because I ended it early before...but oh well...guess I learned from that mistake. Well if anyone is genuinely interested you can e-mail me at: poolsharky_05@yahoo.com

This will be my last comment on this post. You state that I had no real interest in buying the bat. What is your basis for this statement? Did you ask me for an offer and I ignored you? Did you offer me a price and I ignored you?

You have been nothing but defensive, which normally occurs when someone knows they are guilty of doing something wrong.

You may want to think about how you act and or react to things in the future. Being professional and respectful goes a long way.

Regards, Tony

nickacs
11-13-2009, 01:05 PM
Interesting...

I was the underbidder, and I would have bid higher, but my wife was yapping in my ear and by the time I got away from her, it had closed.

I'm sorry you took a beating on this bat, but if you are not going to honor your part of the contract, that makes me very sure I won't ever bid with you. You complain that a non-payer stiffed you, so you turn around and stiff someone who does pay?? (Assuming they pay up; I would have.) That's not right.

ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Excellent post, my thoughts exactly. I have zero interest in this item, but upon reading the renig from the seller just proves yet another point on how Ebay is the haven for anyone to buy/sell items and play games on people. That's why I never buy anything on Ebay, only auction houses and people that I know who are legit/sell legit stuff. It's so funny to go onto Ebay and see the all the game used stuff that is trash and contact the sellers who deny everything or just tell you to F off. Right back at ya kiddos!

Yes, it's your mistake on not keeping up with the auction, so MAN UP and do the right thing. Take your loss and move on and just be on top of things the next time around.

justinlm24
11-13-2009, 02:15 PM
ive done nothing wrong. and have no reason to feel that I did. I do however hate renegging on anyone, but in this case I have no other choice. I am actually talking with the buyer to reach a price we can both live with, as he really wants this bat, and I really need to sell it. not that I really owe any of you an explanation. It's my bat, and I have the right to decide how much I sell it for. I too am done with this post. Have a wonderful weekend all....

5kRunner
11-13-2009, 03:08 PM
ive done nothing wrong. and have no reason to feel that I did. I do however hate renegging on anyone, but in this case I have no other choice. I am actually talking with the buyer to reach a price we can both live with, as he really wants this bat, and I really need to sell it. not that I really owe any of you an explanation. It's my bat, and I have the right to decide how much I sell it for. I too am done with this post. Have a wonderful weekend all....

Funny, I bet if the buyer bid $2k, decided later he couldn't pay that much and asked you to take $1200 instead; I'm sure you would have. :rolleyes:

If you didn't want it to sell for $616 YOU SHOULD HAVE PUT A RESERVE ON IT.

This is why Ebay sucks. There are no rules for anyone.

kingjammy24
11-13-2009, 03:11 PM
"Then made the mistake of ending it for a $1200 offer which the guy never paid. Which really ticked me off.."

why did it tick you off? because the guy agreed to buy it but then backed out? sort of how you agreed to sell it for no min. amount and then backed out? pot meet kettle.

"ive done nothing wrong. and have no reason to feel that I did"

so you were "really ticked off" when your previous buyer backed out but it's ok for you to back out right? got it. so if some guy won it for $4k and after the auction ended said "oh i don't want to pay that much. as a buyer, i have a right to decide how much i pay. let's take this offline so i can pay you much less" you'd be thrilled right?

"I have the right to decide how much I sell it for"

and ebay gives you that right..ever hear of a reserve? or a starting bid?

you obviously had a reserve in your mind. you failed to list the bat with that reserve. mistake #1. by listing the bat with no reserve or starting bid, you essentially declared to everyone on ebay that you're ok with whatever it sells for. you were not. mistake #2. someone then won the bat fairly and according to ebay rules. yet you refused to honor their winning bid because it wasn't what you wanted to get. mistake #3. you're now negotiating off ebay to sell an item that you had listed on ebay and with a buyer you met through ebay. mistake #4.

wouldn't it be great if that's really how it worked..if you could just keep auctioning an item over and over, with no reserve or min. bid, backing out of every winning bid, until you finally got the amount you wanted? at which point you'd take the transaction off ebay and stiff them from the proper fees? i guess your ebay feedback isn't exactly surprising. here's hoping your current buyer leaves you another negative.

rudy.

3arod13
11-13-2009, 03:58 PM

"I do however hate renegging on anyone,"

Obviously you don't, as you intend to do so.

",but in this case I have no other choice."

You do have a choice...sell the bat to the winner at the price the auction ended.

Don't punish the winner because you failed to protect yourself by using the reserve option.

justinlm24
11-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Bat is sold!!! $1100 to the winning bidder....Case closed!!!

cigarman44
11-13-2009, 06:27 PM

Nothing like being proud of breaking a binding contract! :rolleyes:

dodgersfan
11-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Wow!
I hope you can sleep tonight with your greedy actions!
I bet alot of people on the forum will never ever do any transactions with you!

Rudy

dodgersfan
11-13-2009, 06:49 PM
This is not the 1st time he has had issues on ebay.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=27117

Rudy

Wow!
I hope you can sleep tonight with your greedy actions!
I bet alot of people on the forum will never ever do any transactions with you!

Rudy

suave1477
11-13-2009, 08:33 PM
"Then made the mistake of ending it for a $1200 offer which the guy never paid. Which really ticked me off.."

why did it tick you off? because the guy agreed to buy it but then backed out? sort of how you agreed to sell it for no min. amount and then backed out? pot meet kettle.

"ive done nothing wrong. and have no reason to feel that I did"

so you were "really ticked off" when your previous buyer backed out but it's ok for you to back out right? got it. so if some guy won it for $4k and after the auction ended said "oh i don't want to pay that much. as a buyer, i have a right to decide how much i pay. let's take this offline so i can pay you much less" you'd be thrilled right?

"I have the right to decide how much I sell it for"

and ebay gives you that right..ever hear of a reserve? or a starting bid?

you obviously had a reserve in your mind. you failed to list the bat with that reserve. mistake #1. by listing the bat with no reserve or starting bid, you essentially declared to everyone on ebay that you're ok with whatever it sells for. you were not. mistake #2. someone then won the bat fairly and according to ebay rules. yet you refused to honor their winning bid because it wasn't what you wanted to get. mistake #3. you're now negotiating off ebay to sell an item that you had listed on ebay and with a buyer you met through ebay. mistake #4.

wouldn't it be great if that's really how it worked..if you could just keep auctioning an item over and over, with no reserve or min. bid, backing out of every winning bid, until you finally got the amount you wanted? at which point you'd take the transaction off ebay and stiff them from the proper fees? i guess your ebay feedback isn't exactly surprising. here's hoping your current buyer leaves you another negative.

rudy.

Justin as much as I can sympathize with you about not getting what you originally wanted.

As once again before I can type it it was already typed word for word (which is scary its like me and KingJammy sometimes share the same brain) have to agree with everything to the T with what KingJammy said.

Here is the first thing I do not understand. If you had a price in mind why didn't you just list it at that starting price or close to it??????

People ask me all the time to help them list things on ebay.
The very first thing I say to them is how much do you want to get for it?
Then how much are you actually willing to let it go for?

Then I provide them with an example.
ITEM A is valued at $1,000

How much do you want me to list it at? "Oh start it at a $100 and let's see what happens"
So if it gets 1 bid at a $100 your willing to let it go for that? "Oh no"
Ok so what are you willing to really let it go for? "Ok let's start it at $500"

So again back to my question if you wanted sell in the $1100 range for the item why would you even give anyone the chance to get it for so little by starting at $49.00????

justinlm24
11-13-2009, 08:44 PM
Oh I will sleep just fine...I got a little less than what I wanted for it, and the buyer got a bat he really wanted, at a great price. I told him going in if he wasn't interested in going any higher I completely understood, but wasn't letting it go for less than $1200...He wrote back offering $1000....so we met in the middle at $1100.

In my original listing I did have a reserve of $1000, which was met. Then I foolishly ended it for a $1200 offer I got, but the buyer backed out on me. Like I said all along, I know it was my mistake. But it doesn't justify me letting this bat go for $600...gimme a break....really??? Any of you running your mouths in my spot, with this very bat, know full well you wouldn't sell it for $600 when you paid $1475 for it.....

so again, bat was sold, both parties are happy.....end of discussion

WadeInBmore
11-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Two wrongs don't make a right. Glad that it worked out in the end?! If I was a potential buyer I would be furious if you refused to sell it at the agreed price. In any auction both parties are responsible play by the rules; not make them up as they go and see fit.

Part of the fun of the auction for the bidder is not knowing what the end price is going to be. Part of the risk for the seller is doing just the same. To me it sounds like you thought that you would have the same bidders and easily get your over $1000 bid...but you were wrong. Protect yourself bro!!!!!

Justin you don't know me and I don't know you so I hope you are taking the comments as constructive criticism, but it would seem like you and your understanding of how auctions work are light years apart. I'm sure that you would've been crying bloody murder on the forum if your high bidder decided he really wanted to pay less...as you did when your buyer for 1200 backed out...as you did when you sold a bat guaranteed to pass authentication and it didn't and the person wanted their money back.

I hope you grow from this experience as both a collector and seller. You lucked out this time it seems. Hope I never read about your "business" transactions in bad light on this forum ever again.

With the conflict/issue resolved, I'm sure you ARE gonna have a great weekend :)

wade

justinlm24
11-13-2009, 09:25 PM
"Hope I never read about your "business" transactions in bad light on this forum ever again."

LMAO....don't worry about me... Are you my father?? Are you gonna ground me?? you were right about one thing....you don't know me....so butt out of my "business"....

The Pujols bat I sold DID pass Taubes inspection....and the buyer DID recieve the PSA letter as john told me...just as I guaranteed him it would....but I'm not getting into that...feel free to talk to taube and get your facts straight before coming at me with these bogus remarks.....

WadeInBmore
11-13-2009, 09:35 PM
:D

...I'm just sayin. Thats all. Dig it or not. Truth is in the thread AND in admission. I was atleast giving you the benefit of the doubt.

wade

3arod13
11-14-2009, 10:25 AM
"Hope I never read about your "business" transactions in bad light on this forum ever again."

LMAO....don't worry about me... Are you my father?? Are you gonna ground me?? you were right about one thing....you don't know me....so butt out of my "business"....

The Pujols bat I sold DID pass Taubes inspection....and the buyer DID recieve the PSA letter as john told me...just as I guaranteed him it would....but I'm not getting into that...feel free to talk to taube and get your facts straight before coming at me with these bogus remarks.....

I think you've shown that you add ZERO value to this forum, and conduct yourself totally against what this forum represents.

Regards, Tony

5kRunner
11-14-2009, 03:59 PM
I think you've shown that you add ZERO value to this forum, and conduct yourself totally against what this forum represents.

Regards, Tony

Tony, I agree 110%.

I'd rather have my integrity, but I hope Justin enjoys his extra $484.

both-teams-played-hard
11-14-2009, 05:32 PM
...which is scary its like me and KingJammy sometimes share the same brain...

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/3789/jammybrain.jpg

3arod13
11-14-2009, 08:04 PM

That is hilarious! I died laughing!

Regards, Tony

suave1477
11-15-2009, 08:03 PM

Both teams you never fail you always make me laugh....... Thank you:D

mdube16
11-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Seems like someone doesnt understand the auction process. If you bid you are agreeing to pay if your the high bidder....but as seen here you dont agree with that:
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=26813

mdube16
11-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Part 2:

If you list something for auction with no minimum and no reserve you are agreeing to sell it to the high bidder.

Take some responsiblity.