Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joelsabi
    • Aug 2005

Alex Rodriguez HR #303 Bat

not in the market for one, but this price is super low with few hours left. How many people think the seller could renege on the deal if his price is not high enough? (feedback of seller is 85.7%)just wondering why no one is bidding on this.

Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.
  • joelsabi
    • Aug 2005

Re: Alex Rodriguez HR #303 Bat

Originally posted by joelsabi
    not in the market for one, but this price is super low with few hours left. How many people think the seller could renege on the deal if his price is not high enough? (feedback of seller is 85.7%)just wondering why no one is bidding on this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    wow. less than $650.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• gameu08
      • Sep 2008

wish i would have saw this...dam

Comment

• 3arod13
        • Apr 2006

I emailed the seller and told him if the winner didn't come through, I'm interested. Seller's response:

Not to come off as a prick, but I honestly can't afford to sell this for $600. I have been out of town since Monday, and forgot the auction ended today. I was quite shocked to see the final sell price when I got an e-mail on my cell phone earlier. Now I'm in a bad spot. I don't want to reneg on the winning bidder, but at the same time this bat is easily worth twice the winning bid. Had I checked the auction out yesterday I would have ended it seeing that no one was bidding. I know my feedback is probably what is stopping some, if not most, people from bidding. But it's the only avenue I know of to sell it. I'll be honest with you....I paid $1475 for the bat, and was willing to let it got for $1100, maybe $1000. I honestly thought it would reach that plateau, which it did the first time I listed it. Then made the mistake of ending it for a $1200 offer which the guy never paid. Which really ticked me off. As it probably would have reached $1200-$1300 or higher. I just don't know what to do at this point. All I do know I can't afford to sell it for $616....
        Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• justinlm24
          • Mar 2006

hey 3rod13, I am the seller of this bat....and I knew this was the only reason you sent me the e-mail....I'm not as dumb as you look.....

Buyer will be paying for it today, so he says....I am well aware of you and your antics with ebay sellers....I figured I'd play along with it just to test my theories on you....and look....I was right...HAHAHA you should prolly get a life. Have a wonderful day.....

Comment

• 3arod13
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by justinlm24
            hey 3rod13, I am the seller of this bat....and I knew this was the only reason you sent me the e-mail....I'm not as dumb as you look.....

Buyer will be paying for it today, so he says....I am well aware of you and your antics with ebay sellers....I figured I'd play along with it just to test my theories on you....and look....I was right...HAHAHA you should prolly get a life. Have a wonderful day.....
            As I stated to you in my initial email, and posted here on GUU, "if the winner does not pay, I'm interested." There was no other reason than that! Not sure where you come off with these remarks. I don’t play games, and there are no antics you are aware of with me and other ebay sellers, as there aren’t any.

As far as posting your response on GUU, it was adding info to the thread (which we all do), and by the way was not initiated by me. There was no intent to do you any wrong/harm. I understand your struggle, as I have been there before with items I’ve sold in the past. I actually don’t see anything wrong with your response, so don’t be so defensive.

As far as you stating you figured you would play along to test your theories about me, give me a break. If you knew that was my intent, you wouldn’t have responded as you did. Both my ebay and GUU ID is the same (3arod13).

Regards, Tony
            Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• justinlm24
              • Mar 2006

not saying you meant any harm, I just found it funny I saw the thread about my item, then got that e-mail from you....I knew whatever it was that I said to you would end up being posted here, and low and behold it was. but for the record, even if the buyer does pay....which he hasn't yet, I highly doubt this bat is going anywhere for $616.....I'll be the first to admit that is pretty low on my part to back out...but this bat is worth far more than $616...nearly a $900 loss on my part....I woulda settled for a $200 maybe even $300 loss...but $900....not gonna happen...

Comment

• joelsabi
                • Aug 2005

hey 3rod13, I am the seller of this bat....and I knew this was the only reason you sent me the e-mail....
                I do not see what was wrong with Tony's email to you. You read into things too deeply. You had been burned before with a non payment so his email showing interest was appropriate.

As for me initiating this thread, I think I made a valid concern of why this auction price was so low and what a bargain price it may fetch. My "reneg" statement was based on a previous Ebay transaction feedback you have. I was hoping someone on the board who likes to flip items would buy it. In the end, my assessment was correct - huge bargain.
                Regards,
                Joel S.
                joelsabi @ gmail.com

Comment

• justinlm24
                  • Mar 2006

First I don't have a problem with his e-mil, other than the fact the only reason he sent it was to post my response. He has no real interest in buying the bat. otherwise I would have offered it to him. As I do not plan on selling it for $616. I know my feedback is what kept people from bidding. that and because I ended it early before...but oh well...guess I learned from that mistake. Well if anyone is genuinely interested you can e-mail me at: poolsharky_05@yahoo.com

Comment

• earlywynnfan
                    • Oct 2005

Interesting...

I was the underbidder, and I would have bid higher, but my wife was yapping in my ear and by the time I got away from her, it had closed.

I'm sorry you took a beating on this bat, but if you are not going to honor your part of the contract, that makes me very sure I won't ever bid with you. You complain that a non-payer stiffed you, so you turn around and stiff someone who does pay?? (Assuming they pay up; I would have.) That's not right.

ken
                    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Comment

• 3arod13
                      • Apr 2006

First I don't have a problem with his e-mil, other than the fact the only reason he sent it was to post my response. He has no real interest in buying the bat. otherwise I would have offered it to him. As I do not plan on selling it for $616. I know my feedback is what kept people from bidding. that and because I ended it early before...but oh well...guess I learned from that mistake. Well if anyone is genuinely interested you can e-mail me at: poolsharky_05@yahoo.com
                      This will be my last comment on this post. You state that I had no real interest in buying the bat. What is your basis for this statement? Did you ask me for an offer and I ignored you? Did you offer me a price and I ignored you?

You have been nothing but defensive, which normally occurs when someone knows they are guilty of doing something wrong.

You may want to think about how you act and or react to things in the future. Being professional and respectful goes a long way.

Regards, Tony
                      Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• nickacs
                        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by earlywynnfan
                        Interesting...

I was the underbidder, and I would have bid higher, but my wife was yapping in my ear and by the time I got away from her, it had closed.

I'm sorry you took a beating on this bat, but if you are not going to honor your part of the contract, that makes me very sure I won't ever bid with you. You complain that a non-payer stiffed you, so you turn around and stiff someone who does pay?? (Assuming they pay up; I would have.) That's not right.

ken
                        earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com
                        Excellent post, my thoughts exactly. I have zero interest in this item, but upon reading the renig from the seller just proves yet another point on how Ebay is the haven for anyone to buy/sell items and play games on people. That's why I never buy anything on Ebay, only auction houses and people that I know who are legit/sell legit stuff. It's so funny to go onto Ebay and see the all the game used stuff that is trash and contact the sellers who deny everything or just tell you to F off. Right back at ya kiddos!

Yes, it's your mistake on not keeping up with the auction, so MAN UP and do the right thing. Take your loss and move on and just be on top of things the next time around.

Comment

• justinlm24
                          • Mar 2006

ive done nothing wrong. and have no reason to feel that I did. I do however hate renegging on anyone, but in this case I have no other choice. I am actually talking with the buyer to reach a price we can both live with, as he really wants this bat, and I really need to sell it. not that I really owe any of you an explanation. It's my bat, and I have the right to decide how much I sell it for. I too am done with this post. Have a wonderful weekend all....

Comment

• 5kRunner
                            • Aug 2007

ive done nothing wrong. and have no reason to feel that I did. I do however hate renegging on anyone, but in this case I have no other choice. I am actually talking with the buyer to reach a price we can both live with, as he really wants this bat, and I really need to sell it. not that I really owe any of you an explanation. It's my bat, and I have the right to decide how much I sell it for. I too am done with this post. Have a wonderful weekend all....
                            Funny, I bet if the buyer bid $2k, decided later he couldn't pay that much and asked you to take $1200 instead; I'm sure you would have.

If you didn't want it to sell for $616 YOU SHOULD HAVE PUT A RESERVE ON IT.

This is why Ebay sucks. There are no rules for anyone.
                            SCOTT
                            scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
                            sigpic

Comment

• kingjammy24
                              • Nov 2005

"Then made the mistake of ending it for a $1200 offer which the guy never paid. Which really ticked me off.."

why did it tick you off? because the guy agreed to buy it but then backed out? sort of how you agreed to sell it for no min. amount and then backed out? pot meet kettle.

"ive done nothing wrong. and have no reason to feel that I did"

so you were "really ticked off" when your previous buyer backed out but it's ok for you to back out right? got it. so if some guy won it for $4k and after the auction ended said "oh i don't want to pay that much. as a buyer, i have a right to decide how much i pay. let's take this offline so i can pay you much less" you'd be thrilled right?

"I have the right to decide how much I sell it for"

and ebay gives you that right..ever hear of a reserve? or a starting bid?

you obviously had a reserve in your mind. you failed to list the bat with that reserve. mistake #1. by listing the bat with no reserve or starting bid, you essentially declared to everyone on ebay that you're ok with whatever it sells for. you were not. mistake #2. someone then won the bat fairly and according to ebay rules. yet you refused to honor their winning bid because it wasn't what you wanted to get. mistake #3. you're now negotiating off ebay to sell an item that you had listed on ebay and with a buyer you met through ebay. mistake #4.

wouldn't it be great if that's really how it worked..if you could just keep auctioning an item over and over, with no reserve or min. bid, backing out of every winning bid, until you finally got the amount you wanted? at which point you'd take the transaction off ebay and stiff them from the proper fees? i guess your ebay feedback isn't exactly surprising. here's hoping your current buyer leaves you another negative.

rudy.

Comment

Working...