PDA

View Full Version : Frank Thomas Game Used

danrosquete@hotmail.com
11-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Again Im going on a Frank Thomas game used shopping spree. Paying top dollar.

e-mail any and all items to:

danrosquete@gmail.com

karamaxjoe
11-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Lelands has a jersey in their latest auction.

sox83cubs84
11-12-2009, 11:44 PM
rjwenterprisesinc (Robb Wochnick) on eBay has listed, with no buyers as of my last look, a BP jersey that he indicates was Thomas'. The jersey is the 2003-06 style Majestic used (0065 tag). No one wore #35 in 2003, Thomas wore it in 2006, and 2004-05 saw coach Brad Fischer wear #35. The jersey is sized for Thomas (size 52); the only question would be if Fischer, as a coach, was large enough to take the same size or not. Finding his height/weight stats for a recent year would solve the question.

Dave M.
Chicago area

WadeInBmore
11-13-2009, 02:02 PM
This jersey has been on Ebay since May 11th, 2009. Was acquired from a collector along with other bp jerseys...he was told they originated from Fanfest. Someone on this Forum said that they saw these jerseys before they had their names stitched on the back (if I am speaking falsely I truly apologize). The lack of "proper" paperwork makes me nervous. I feel like this might have once been a blank? I don't know. The size 52 bp jersey that I have is absolutely hammered and heavily worn complete with paperwork to boot. I've been watching this jersey since it listed; its intriguing. The other thing that caught me off a bit is the price...250 OBO...if it is a legit Thomas (whose A's items are hard to come by) wouldn't you be asking for a premium. I've asked the seller on numerous occassions to post pics of the tag...and that never happens but he does reply with the 0065 number; intriguing.

If it is legit, its a bargain, but its been sitting for a good while. I'll continue to look for the rest of the info for this ebay item and post if I find it.

Dan...my two cents for whatever its worth. Thanks again for the heads up on that Maroon Knights jersey...and thanks again for telling the guy his price was ridiculous LOL.

wade

WadeInBmore
11-14-2009, 12:47 PM
...and now its not listed any more :( It'll be interesting to see if this shows up in the future (assuming that it sold and thats why its no longer listed).

wade

EurekaDave
11-14-2009, 07:59 PM
This jersey is not listed because I bought it. If anyone has any thoughts on it, I would appreciate them. I bought it because I have dealt with Robb (the seller) in the past and have been satisfied. Tell me what to look for when I get it. I've been told it's a 2006 bought with a bunch of A's jerseys he got from the team directly. He has sold quite a few A's jerseys in the past.

EurekaDave
11-14-2009, 08:11 PM
I am now looking at a Brad Fischer interview on YouTube. I cannot tell if he would be a 50 or 52. So please let me know what else to look for when I get it. I guess a lot of it has to do with what to expect from a BP jersey anyway.

WadeInBmore
11-14-2009, 11:30 PM
EurekaDave...

call me...let me tell you what I know. Or email if thats more your thing.

wade

WadeInBmore
11-14-2009, 11:57 PM
EurekaDave...

Now I'm sure that its bogus. If he told you he purchased it direct and he told me he didn't (I have it in an email)...well then I hate to say it, but he's lying to one of us. To many red flags on this one.

Between us Thomas collectors and the opinions of A's collectors on this forum I stayed away.

Get in touch with me. I'll let you know all that I do about this jersey.

wade

ndevlin
11-15-2009, 03:42 AM
Last time I checked, Tim at hofbats.com had a Frank Thomas bat.