PDA

View Full Version : So Who Wan'ts To Admit What They Won!

jetersbatboy
11-13-2009, 01:43 AM
So guys who won what? I won the Yankees main feild home plate! Its going to look great on my wall!!!!

Blitzmaster
11-13-2009, 02:09 AM
I won the Quentin Groves Jags jersey and the Demarcus Ware Cowboys Throwback issued jersey for my son( I already have a gamer with prova tagging but my son wanted one for himself....price was right).

34swtns
11-13-2009, 09:24 AM
I ended up with the '07 Patrick Crayton 'boys jersey for cheap.
Can't imagine how I was the only bidder on that one.

legaleagle92481
11-13-2009, 09:26 AM
I ended up with the Terrell Owens gamer was happy that it went so cheap!

tbone90
11-13-2009, 09:44 AM
Scott,

That home plate is great. I'm not sure what your max was but I had my finger on the button up to the last second contemplating one more bid...but obviously never pulled the trigger.

Congrats on a fantastic piece!

So who has any cool and unique baseball pieces to sell...thanks to Scott I've got some money to burn...lol :D

rmichne
11-13-2009, 11:13 AM
I ended up with a bunch of the Mets jerseys and a bunch of the Red Sox stuff.

Ron
rmichne@yahoo.com

larry bourget
11-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Won What!, From where! What did i miss?

LB

ksuchad
11-13-2009, 12:46 PM
2003 Quincy Morgan Browns jersey.

jetersbatboy
11-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Scott,

That home plate is great. I'm not sure what your max was but I had my finger on the button up to the last second contemplating one more bid...but obviously never pulled the trigger.

Congrats on a fantastic piece!

So who has any cool and unique baseball pieces to sell...thanks to Scott I've got some money to burn...lol :D

Tony,
I am glad your where trigger shy!! Because that was my max bid!! It is a great piece, thanks! Now if I only new how thick it is, so I can by a display!!

Scott

kings418
11-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Dejurnett Rams jersey. Paid more than I wanted, but I have been looking to get a Rams with the 40 year patch for a couple years.

Vince

GameBats
11-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Pulled the trigger on the Boggs Helmet

thebeast1011
11-13-2009, 06:00 PM
I got the David Wright Auto Game Used Third Base.

Scott

They sell display cases for full size home plates. Here is where I got 1 for my Mets home plate. http://www.halloffamememorabilia.com/p-15467-nci-b-3013-full-size-home-plate-display-case-wall-mount-or-table-top.aspx

John

eisenreich8
11-13-2009, 06:31 PM
OT but I won 3 auctions, went to print my invoice to pay and the shipping/handling I'm being charged is $1000?? I will never be able to bid again. Either I missed the fine print or there wasn't any warning me of that. Yikes. :(

My items will go on my baseball wailing wall I guess......

jetersbatboy
11-13-2009, 06:39 PM
The shipping charges are in correct, I inquired about that also! They said it would be a couple of days before the correct S&H is done.

John,
thanks for the link!

eisenreich8
11-13-2009, 06:46 PM
The shipping charges are in correct, I inquired about that also! They said it would be a couple of days before the correct S&H is done.

John,
thanks for the link!

So, a revised invoice will be issued, praying to God??
Thanks for that brother, I will now be able to sleep tonight. I owe you one.

ChrisCavalier
11-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Here is the content from the supplemental email that went out to the winning bidders:

We would like to thank everyone who participated in GUU Auction's Fall 2009 Auction. We are thrilled that we were able to offer such fine memorabilia and hope all winning bidders will enjoy their items.

Regarding invoices, while we have spoken to some people directly already, we wanted to make sure everyone was clear. As per the email that was sent to you, we actually used the $1,000 shipping as a placeholder so people would know not to pay the invoice until the shipping charges were calculated. Specifically, here is the statement in the email that was sent to you:

To access your invoice, login to the auction site and select accounts. Please note the shipping amount is initially set by default to an incorrect amount. Invoices may require up to 72 hours for the correct shipping and insurance amounts to be reflected. Thank you!

We will send out an additional email to let everyone know when the invoices have been updated with the correct shipping charges and at that point we can handle the payment for you. Please feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

While we wanted to use "TBD" in the shipping column, the software required a number in that column so we used $1,000 (with the explanation) to make sure no one paid the invoices before the shipping amounts were calculated. Sorry if it created any confusion.

eisenreich8
11-13-2009, 09:48 PM
My misfortune re: email notification. As I just informed Chris via email, my GUU email has all routed to my spam folder and not to my inbox, since 11/2. All my auction activity was based off what I saw on the auction site, and my bidding reflected overbids that I saw myself, not through auto email notification.

My apologies to Chris and anyone else whom I may have alarmed by way of my email drought.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

And I WILL be able to bid again........:)

Lokee
11-13-2009, 10:48 PM
Looks like good deals where had by some !

Mac670
11-13-2009, 11:03 PM
I was the winner of the OJ Mayo game worn jersey and shoes. I have a questions for you experts. As you know this jersey was offered by JOSportsCo. If you go to their website they have two other jersey's with exact dates of use. My problem is this if you lookm at the size tag the +4 length is different than those on their site.

ewillia8
11-13-2009, 11:23 PM
I won the Trevor Laws 2006 Notre Dame Home jersey. I am really excited, the pictures show a ton of game use and repairs on the shoulders.

I've already found a great photomatch in a Steiner signed photo, will definitely make an awesome display piece.

xpress34
11-14-2009, 12:02 AM
I won the Lance Berkman Batting Gloves. I finally met Lance this year in Denver when the Astros were here and we got talking about Waco, TX (his birthplace as well as mine) and he was very pleasant - gave me an EXCELLENT SS Auto on a ball... just love the Texas Flags on his Batting Gloves.

I'll take then to show him next year and see if I might be able to pick up a GU bat from him to display with the Gloves and Ball.

- Chris

matt
11-14-2009, 12:38 AM
I won the red sox home plate. NOt sure how to display it though. Would it be crazy to put it on the floor of my office near the bats?

M

gorilla777
11-14-2009, 01:28 PM
I won the Barry Bonds Game Used bat.

Ben

GameBats
11-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Nice Bonds Bat Good pick up

R.Mansfield
11-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Does anyone know what shipping service is used by the auction? I am really hoping the postal service is, rather then UPS or Fed Ex.

Thanks for any knowledge in advance,

Russell
batdna@sbcglobal.net

justinwc80
11-18-2009, 08:56 PM
I won the Grady Sizemore game used jersey and the Adam Dunn as well.

2000mvpfan
11-18-2009, 11:20 PM
..I got the Giambi B45 signed,game used bat.Somebody got a great deal on the '06 Giambi Yanks road jersey,though..

Joe

gorilla777
11-18-2009, 11:37 PM
I was told for shipping that items are coming via Fedex.

Ben

R.Mansfield
11-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Yeah I also found that out and should have posted earlier. Shipping is through Fed Ex, which at least I have had better luck with then UPS.

I am looking forward to receiving my package soon.

Russell