PDA

View Full Version : Historic Auctions Update

trsent
06-12-2006, 12:26 AM
I spoke to James Brown earlier tonight and I did have dinner with him Saturday night. James is in Chicago until Monday night (baring flight delays due to Florida weather issues) and will check his email on Tuesday and will respond to all inquiries. He will also address any questions that were brought up last week so we are all clear on Historic Auction's ownership and Global status.

Eric
06-12-2006, 08:33 AM
Great. I look forward to his answers.

I also look forward to answers on why it was not disclosed that his authenticators at one time had a financial interest in the items they wrote letters on.

Also waiting to find out a master list of which lots the authenticators currently have or previously had a financial interest in.

I had asked Mr. Brown for a list of all the ASI items authenticated by Mr. Wells in this auction. He said he is not able to do that because it is not listed that way in his system.

Eric

Eric
06-12-2006, 12:44 PM
I have been told there are other questions that have gone unanswered.

Please list them here.

Eric

hblakewolf
06-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Eric-
My questions relate to McGwire.

1. The "1998 jersey" with the MLB logo patch on the back of the collar has been pulled. What was the reason?

2. The catalog lists a pair of game worn McGwire pants, however, the live site does not include them ANYWHERE. Are they pulled as well? If so, why?

Both questions were sent via email to Historic, however, no reply to me received.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

hblakewolf
06-12-2006, 01:13 PM
Eric-
I also sent an email regarding the tagging on thier 1998 McGwire road. Notice how the year tag is sewn so that the first 1 in 1998 is completely covered. I have NEVER seen this on any 1998 Cardinals jersey. I have seen a year tag sewn like this, however, it is most often in an attempt to conceal the stitich marks on the tag when it is removed from a common jersey and later used to make a "star" jersey. Likewise, the size 52 tag is oversized. I asked the folks at Historic for a response, including a close inspection of the year tag to determine if it has been resewn, however, have never heard back.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

cjmedina1
06-12-2006, 05:28 PM
Eric

I sent them a email asking what year was the Mcgwire bats.But still no response:confused:.Maybe you can help:)

JETEFAN
06-13-2006, 10:48 AM
I spoke to James Brown earlier tonight and I did have dinner with him Saturday night. James is in Chicago until Monday night (baring flight delays due to Florida weather issues) and will check his email on Tuesday and will respond to all inquiries. He will also address any questions that were brought up last week so we are all clear on Historic Auction's ownership and Global status.

Joel, can you get me tickets to his next concert?? :D

ironmanfan
06-14-2006, 09:50 AM
Joel..perhaps the next time you have dinner with Mr. Brown, you can pass on the information that techology has existed for some time to retrieve and respond to emails from remote locations. With their auction ending tomorrow, I find it curious why one of their "exceutives" would make themselves unavailable via email with less than a week left in their auction.

mr.miracle
06-14-2006, 10:30 AM
I believe that auction actually has 8 days and change left however I to find the lack of response to the many issues that have been left unanswered a bit disconcerting. There is simply no viable reason why the many questions that have been asked about these items since this auction went live over three weeks ago still remain unanswered. Either the individuals running this auction are completely disorganized or they are repeatedly trying to hide something. In either case, I want no part of this.

Brett

Eric
06-14-2006, 10:38 AM
Actually, Historic Auctions ends a week from tomorrow.

Joel- any chance you can ask Mr. Brown to address these issues?

Eric

trsent
06-14-2006, 03:37 PM
Actually, Historic Auctions ends a week from tomorrow.

Joel- any chance you can ask Mr. Brown to address these issues?

Eric

I last spoke to James Brown Sunday night.

At that time I was told all issues would be addressed when he returned to Florida Tuesday (barring any issues with the weather). It is now Wednesday afternoon, and I have not see any posts from James on this forum and it appears customers emails have not received replies.

I tried to help James prepare how to handle issues, and he told me he would address issues and since he has not I do not wish to deal with any issues myself anymore. Be a nice guy, try to help, and get left with my phone ringing with people asking me questions that are not my business.

I befriended James Brown and that is the end of the story, I have no monetary stake in his auction house, Global or any of the other companies that have been mentioned in the threads about Historic Auctions.

Sorry I left the forum myself for a day and a half, but I am allowed a life outside GUU and I was not in the mood to post from my cell phone while traveling the last few days.

At this time, for personal reasons and beliefs, I am no longer going to act as a middle-man for James Brown, Historic Auctions and Game Used Universe. To many customers are contacting me over his auction house, and I am not interested in helping anymore because I am starting to get suspicious of some activities myself due to the lack of response to concerned citizens and customers.

ChrisCavalier
06-14-2006, 05:14 PM
I last spoke to James Brown Sunday night.

At that time I was told all issues would be addressed when he returned to Florida Tuesday (barring any issues with the weather). It is now Wednesday afternoon, and I have not see any posts from James on this forum and it appears customers emails have not received replies.

I tried to help James prepare how to handle issues, and he told me he would address issues and since he has not I do not wish to deal with any issues myself anymore. Be a nice guy, try to help, and get left with my phone ringing with people asking me questions that are not my business.

I befriended James Brown and that is the end of the story, I have no monetary stake in his auction house, Global or any of the other companies that have been mentioned in the threads about Historic Auctions.

Sorry I left the forum myself for a day and a half, but I am allowed a life outside GUU and I was not in the mood to post from my cell phone while traveling the last few days.

At this time, for personal reasons and beliefs, I am no longer going to act as a middle-man for James Brown, Historic Auctions and Game Used Universe. To many customers are contacting me over his auction house, and I am not interested in helping anymore because I am starting to get suspicious of some activities myself due to the lack of response to concerned citizens and customers.
Hello Joel,

Thank you for your attempts to try to help get answers to the questions raised on the forum. I think you have tried hard enough to try to help and it would be inappropriate to expect anything else from you.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier

radtke
06-19-2006, 01:43 PM
I can tell you there are 2 Michael Vick items in that auction that are not real and have been altered. My company Radtke Sports has the exlusive rights to all of Michael Vick's 2005 Game Used Apparel. Yet, somehow Historic Auctions has 1 Vick Jersey and 1 Vick Helmet from the 05 Season. We have NEVER consigned any pieces for the auction. The Vick Jersey is supposedly from the 01/01/06 Carolina Panthers Game. That jersey is in our possesion which came directly from Michael Vick's hands, we have a letter signed from Mike, and a photo of him holding it up. It also has been photo matched on Getty. The Vick Helmet is totally bogus. The stickering on the helmet is not correct and Vick was issued only 2 helmets last year, which we have. Please be aware that both Michael Vick items in this auction are not real and if Historic Auctions wants to contact me, I am all ears as to who gave the jersey and helmet to them. Also, since Global Authentication and Bernie Gernay support the authenticity of these items it would be nice to hear how they came to the conclusion that these items are legitimate. I will post a picture of the ACTUAL VICK GAMER from 01/01/06 if you have any doubts to what I am posting here.

sportscentury
06-19-2006, 01:56 PM
Hi Rick,

Will you be getting all of Brett Favre's uniforms and helmets this year, too? I looked recently on your website and saw that you had sold all of his game used items from years past. Thanks,

Reid

radtke
06-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Hello Reid,

We have 1 jersey of Favre's in stock as of now:

1 2003 Home Reebok Jersey. $6500.00

We will update our site to reflect any new jerseys we get from the 06 season when we get them. Thanks for the inquiry!

allstarsplus
06-19-2006, 02:18 PM
I can tell you there are 2 Michael Vick items in that auction that are not real and have been altered. My company Radtke Sports has the exlusive rights to all of Michael Vick's 2005 Game Used Apparel. Yet, somehow Historic Auctions has 1 Vick Jersey and 1 Vick Helmet from the 05 Season. We have NEVER consigned any pieces for the auction. The Vick Jersey is supposedly from the 01/01/06 Carolina Panthers Game. That jersey is in our possesion which came directly from Michael Vick's hands, we have a letter signed from Mike, and a photo of him holding it up. It also has been photo matched on Getty. The Vick Helmet is totally bogus. The stickering on the helmet is not correct and Vick was issued only 2 helmets last year, which we have. Please be aware that both Michael Vick items in this auction are not real and if Historic Auctions wants to contact me, I am all ears as to who gave the jersey and helmet to them. Also, since Global Authentication and Bernie Gernay support the authenticity of these items it would be nice to hear how they came to the conclusion that these items are legitimate. I will post a picture of the ACTUAL VICK GAMER from 01/01/06 if you have any doubts to what I am posting here.

Rick - I forwarded a question to James at Historic about this jersey too.

sportscentury
06-19-2006, 02:21 PM
Hello Reid,

We have 1 jersey of Favre's in stock as of now:

1 2003 Home Reebok Jersey. $6500.00

We will update our site to reflect any new jerseys we get from the 06 season when we get them. Thanks for the inquiry!

Hi, Rick:

Thanks for your quick response. Would you please send scans to me at rgf2@hotmail.com - thanks very much,

Reid

radtke
06-19-2006, 02:43 PM
I will send photos tonight.

Thanks,

Reid

radtke
06-19-2006, 02:47 PM
Hello Everyone,

We have spoken to Bernie at Global and he said that all Global LOAs will not be associated with any of the jerseys in this auction. Chris Cavalier has stated this in another thread. So if you plan on purchasing the Vick from this auction, you will have to trust an "impeccable source" as your authenticator.

Eric
06-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Did Bernie have a response to your points below, including "I can tell you there are 2 Michael Vick items in that auction that are not real and have been altered."?
Eric

trsent
06-19-2006, 06:58 PM
Hello Everyone,

We have spoken to Bernie at Global and he said that all Global LOAs will not be associated with any of the jerseys in this auction. Chris Cavalier has stated this in another thread. So if you plan on purchasing the Vick from this auction, you will have to trust an "impeccable source" as your authenticator.

I sent an email to Bernie through eBay's system today about a jersey and I have not heard back from him. I sent it around 6:30AM Central. I'll email a copy to Bernie at his personal email address so maybe he gets it.

CollectGU
06-21-2006, 09:56 AM
Historic has responded. What I find interesting is "according to the authenticator the jersey was sourced". Shouldn't the auction house be telling the authenticator where and how the the jersey was sourced to them for auction?..Unless maybe the authenticator was also the consigner...

Question & AnswerDate AnsweredQ: Radtke sports, who has an exclusive contract with Vick for game worn items claims that he has the 1/1/06 jersey worn by Vick and that this cannot be real. Where did this item come from? He has also stated the same about the helmet...
A by Whitney: According to the authenticator the jersey was sourced by a Falcons equipment staff member. An item doesn't always have to come directly from the player to be authentic. Many dealers who have exclusives become angry when this happens and attempt to discredit an item. However, the teal blue helmet burns on the shoulders are the best provenance you need for this jersey. The jersey, helmet, White, Finneran, and Duckett jerseys all came from the same rock solid source. This Vick jersey is the finest to hit the market

radtke
06-21-2006, 03:23 PM
To Whitney and all Collectors interested in the Michael Vick Game Used items in Historic Auctions:

The Michael Vick Helmet and Jersey in the Historic Auctions is a fake. We are not angry at Michael because we have photo matched the jersey to Getty Images view image #'s 56509744 and 56509725. We posted the jersey on Ebay for you to view item #8832340689. We have nothing to hide. Who do you trust Michael Vick or a "rock solid source"? Mike personally gave the jersey and the helmet to us, signed and dated both with a photo of him holding them up, and signed a letter stating their HIS items. I think I would trust Michael and Getty before purchasing from someone who uses an "impeccable source" as an authenticator. I feel sorry for the people who are going to get ripped off by these fakes.

Eric
06-10-2007, 10:03 PM

Rick,
You mentioned you had the exclusive rights to all of Vick's 2005 gear. Pro Sports Investments is selling a "2005 Michael Vick Game Used Falcons Home Jersey PSI"

It does not mention anything about coming from your company? Is this one of your jerseys?

If not, any explanation for 2005 Vick pieces which didn't go through you guys?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-Michael-Vick-Game-Used-Falcons-Home-Jersey-PSI_W0QQitemZ220120364100QQihZ012QQcategoryZ86829Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Eric
06-10-2007, 10:05 PM

ivo610
12-30-2009, 02:29 AM
did anyone follow up on this? Im not sure who to trust ...