PDA

View Full Version : photomatched Mark Sanchez game used football

nyjetsfan14
11-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Item description states the ball was used Oct 12th at Miami which was a Monday Night game. The posted photo match is of Mark Sanchez in a day game (the sun noticeably shining off his helmet) wearing the white Titans throwbacks. The Jets did not wear Titans throwbacks in the Monday night game. Additionally, item description photo appears to be from warms ups and not actual game play so could that be considered a conclusive photo match of game used? If someone is paying excessively in part for photomatching than wouldn't it be reasonable to expect something more precise?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mark-Sanchez-Game-Used-Football-Photomatched_W0QQitemZ270484814008QQcmdZViewItemQQ ptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3efa26b8b8

Does anyone envision the day teams or companies might start (or have maybe have already started) intenionally putting marks on items prior to games so as to allow for photomatching that obviously helps the marketing and sales of items?

Happy collecting to all...

kylehess10
11-14-2009, 12:19 PM
Is it just me, or is there two DIFFERENT footballs pictured in the auction? Look at the "L". They look different when compared.

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/0/7/7/7/3/5/webimg/320705806_tp.jpg

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/0/7/7/7/3/5/webimg/320705856_tp.jpg

nyjetsfan14
11-14-2009, 12:23 PM
Greetings Kyle. I agree, they look different.

josportsco
11-14-2009, 11:11 PM
game ball is from 11/1 game vs. Miami NOT at Miami. changed description. as for the ball different pics they are. The full ball is ball #2 from game and the closeup is of ball #1 which matches the game photo. AS for authentication I was at the game and our 2 balls we were alloted were put in bags and handed to me.

I have employees that take of stuff like this and obviously they do make mistakes from time to time.

JO

cohibasmoker
11-15-2009, 08:48 AM
JO - Who put the "L" on the football? Was it the team or the referees? If the team did it, did they explain to you what the "L" meant? Thanks

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

nyjetsfan14
11-15-2009, 09:40 AM
game ball is from 11/1 game vs. Miami NOT at Miami. changed description. as for the ball different pics they are. The full ball is ball #2 from game and the closeup is of ball #1 which matches the game photo. AS for authentication I was at the game and our 2 balls we were alloted were put in bags and handed to me.

I have employees that take of stuff like this and obviously they do make mistakes from time to time.

JO

Thanks for the reply and you’re very welcome JO. The usefulness of this forum continues to benefit collectors and dealers alike. I’ll look for my 97% off your next purchase coupon in the mail, likely the only way I could afford anything on your site :D

Now that you have changed/revised the listing, there are still some unanswered questions. Judging by the lack of participation in this thread I am one of the curious few but here it goes:

1) The Sanchez photo you provide for the game used photo match appears to be from warm-ups. Can that really be considered a game used photo match as described? I would think that a game used photo match would be, well just that; a photo of game action showing the exact item with attributable and matching game use.

2) Do you know if the silver paint pen marks are referee marks? If so, do you know what they represent? If not, do you know who put them there and why? Many sincere thanks in advance for your input/participation.

I would be interested in other members opinions about pre established marks on items to be used in a game for the sole purpose of photo matching and resale (I am not insinuating this is the case in this discussion, just in an general question). Do members think this does or doesn’t affect the integrity of the hobby and the items being photo matched/sold? Happy collecting to all...

nyjetsfan14
11-21-2009, 12:56 PM
Still hoping for answers to the questions raised and solicit opinions on pre determined marks on equipment for photo matching and resale purposes.