PDA

View Full Version : Coolflo Helmets and Original Style Helmets

LastingsMilledge85
11-15-2009, 02:13 PM
I have tons of questions on these helmets so if anyone knows the answer to them please let me know, thanks.

Why is it that....?
Jimmy Rollins only player on Phillies to wear Coolflo helmet?

Select Phillies players (Werth, Mayberry, Rollins) wear Coolflo helmet with alternate uniform?

All Brewers players wear Coolflo helmets only with throwback alternates, why not with regular home/road/blue alternate uniform?

Select players on Astros/Twins/Royals/Blue Jays/Pirates wear Coolflo helmets?

Why did the Orioles switch back to the older style helmets in 2009?

I'm assuming with the select players, that it is based on player preference and some teams allow players to select what they want. Thanks for any help.

metsbats
11-16-2009, 11:01 PM
I think your last statement is more of the reason. Player preference is my guess.

Have you noticed the Yankees do not use cool flow helmts at all?

LastingsMilledge85
11-17-2009, 12:44 AM
As well as the Red Sox, Giants, Brewers (except throwback), Cubs, Orioles, Nats, and there's a few more. I know the Cubs switched back to them in 2009 because they had lots of issues with the Coolflo helmets from cracking easily. I just wonder why some teams allow preferance and others are all uniformed like the Mets and Yankees. That's also going into the pine tar situation, as the Mets do not allow players to cover their helmets in pine tar, only a certain amount is allowed.