PDA

View Full Version : Braves Jersey Question

jetersbatboy
11-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Hey guys,
just wanted some input from a few braves jersey experts. I am currently in a trade with another respected forum member, for a 2007 braves coolbase jersey. An by no means am I questioning him as a seller! The jersey comes with a MLB holo and comes up as game used, it also has a team recipt. I have also searched the game day footage, and is the correct style for the jerse. Only problem with the jersey is that it has no strip tagging. Is this common, has any one seen another jersey with out the tagging? And last is will effect my selling ablity with the jersey, as I am only taking the jersey on to sell it. It is a fairly big name braves former player.

Thanks Scott

kylehess10
11-15-2009, 06:02 PM
When I recieved the big lists of jerseys from the braves for sale each of the last few years, on the list they state whether or not the jersey had a strip tag. And on these lists they had numerous big-name players game worn jerseys WITHOUT strip tagging, so it's actually common to find a Braves jersey without a strip tag

gingi79
11-15-2009, 10:32 PM
I mimic Kyles Reply. I have had roughly 25 game worn Braves jerseys since 2005 and I would say you are pretty safe with a team receipt, MLB HoloGram and 0063 Inner Wash Tag code.

And while I have no idea which player you are referring to, the only Fairly Big Name Former Braves from 2007 are John Smoltz and Mark Teixiera. If it's the former, I may be interested if you are selling.

Far be it of me to discuss a trade that I am not involved in, but eBay is full of what appears to be the entire Braves roster's game used jerseys and I would suggest that sellers take a gander at what is available and NOT selling before coming up with sale prices. This has little bearing on your exact jersey but lately, I have seen a red Francoeur jersey on sale for months at $1000 and a white jersey from the same year NOT selling at $216. The Smoltz for $1000 similarly has been up since 2008 and slowly dropped over $500 in that time. A Tex sold as low as $500 and there seems to be no market for the Glavine/Smoltz/Maddux trifecta around the $2000 range.

ok enough of my opinions, hope they help, sorry if they don't.

jetersbatboy
11-15-2009, 10:42 PM
Matt you can shoot me a email, and ill give you all the info.
Thanks Scott

kylehess10
11-15-2009, 10:49 PM
The Braves recently had a sale with Francoeur jerseys for only $200 each. It's crazy how low prices are once a player is traded.

ziggy
11-15-2009, 11:56 PM
Aside from being traded, is Francoeur really worth much more than $200? Yes, he had all the hype when he came up, but has not lived up to expectations thus the braves giving up on him.