X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skyking26
    • Dec 2005

Thanks

I've decided to leave the forum officially tonight after one to many misunderstandings, etc. I've truely enjoyed the time here and enjoyed the many friendships I've encountered and made along the way. I can always be contacted at the email below.

My thanks to Mark for putting up pics of the collection - you are a good friend.

Happy holidays everyone!

Bob Koppel
    skyking26
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com
  • metsbats
    • Nov 2005

Re: Thanks

Bob,

Sorry to hear of your decision to leave. Hope you change your mind. The forum just like the world in general is full of both positive and negative experiences and dealings. Some times we just have to take the bad with the good and don't let it get you down.

Keep in touch and hope to see you back.

Regards
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• camarokids
      • Jun 2006

Bob,

I say don't be hasty. Like you said, it is a mis-understanding. Andrew is a classy dude, I am sure you all will clear the air and straighten things out.

Nice looking collecting BTW.......
      Thank you,
      David

This is my email address here!
      dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• allstarsplus
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by camarokids
        Bob,

I say don't be hasty. Like you said, it is a mis-understanding. Andrew is a classy dude, I am sure you all will clear the air and straighten things out.

Nice looking collecting BTW.......
        The air is already cleared.

Bob, with McGwire coming back to the Cardinals, the Forum and Big Mac would miss you. No reason to leave.

There are many frustrations. I for one, would vote to have that other thread deleted.

Unfortunately there is no edit button and words do hurt.
        Regards,
        Andrew Lang
        AllstarsPlus@aol.com
        202-716-8500

Comment

• camarokids
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by allstarsplus
          The air is already cleared.

Bob, with McGwire coming back to the Cardinals, the Forum and Big Mac would miss you. No reason to leave.

There are many frustrations. I for one, would vote to have that other thread deleted.

Unfortunately there is no edit button and words do hurt.
          Thats good, both of you are great members of the forum.
          Thank you,
          David

This is my email address here!
          dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• STLHAMMER32
            • Sep 2009

Bob, I know I am a new member to the Forum but I would hate to see you leave! Hope we can convince you to stay!

Comment

• markize
              • Apr 2008

Bobbo,

hang in there man. I know the comp is dragging, and shit gets you down, but keep kicking!! plus, if you leave now, I'll butcher the descriptions of your gamers!

Markus

Comment

• Danny899
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by markize
                Bobbo,

hang in there man. I know the comp is dragging, and shit gets you down, but keep kicking!! plus, if you leave now, I'll butcher the descriptions of your gamers!

Markus
                And we'll miss all those BUMPS of yours in the Kingman wanted section!
                Good Luck to you in the future.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2009

Bob:

I hope you change your mind...you've been here a long time, and your presence would be missed by both myself and many others.

Dave Miedema
                  Chicago area

Comment

• WadeInBmore
                    • Sep 2007

Bob,

The site wouldn't be the same without you. I hope you reconsider. Your knowlegde, insight, and opinions are a valued addition to the forum and the discussions that go on here. Regardless, I wish you all the best no matter what.

wade

Comment

• markize
                      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by camarokids
                      Thats good, both of you are great members of the forum.
                      Damn good point, and we need the good guys here to help educate, and protect this hobby!

mark

Comment

• suicide_squeeze
                        • Dec 2008

Wow.....I've been working long days, just logged in, and look what I missed!!???

ROBERT.......C'mon, buddy, you certainly must know by reading the threads I've been involved in that this simply can't be the straw that breaks your back?? That wasn't even anything to get ruffled feathers over, my man.

Andrew is golden in this biz.....he didn't mean anything by any of his words. Obviously he is frustrated, but it's rediculous to think it's all from you. I have had some offline conversations with Lang-man, and he's just a great guy all around. You HAVE to know he is frustrated over dealings he's had with many people in this business, and how they treat his sincere efforts. People just aren't parting with the money these days, and businesses have overhead to make. It's tough to say the least. Don't blow this out of proportion.

Times are tough......people are stressed. Add to that an injury you've had to endure through, and it kinda makes life suck. Huge. I understand that. Don't feel down about a simple misunderstanding....it happens. We're all adults, and know these things happen. But at the end of the day, we can shake hands and move on.

But take a break, leave for a few days, let your head clear...it's all good. I've had to do it before, and trust me, you'll feel better. Come back when you're ready to, but know that everyone wants you back.

Now, if I could only say that about myself......we may have something here.

Comment

• 3arod13
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by suicide_squeeze
                          Wow.....I've been working long days, just logged in, and look what I missed!!???

ROBERT.......C'mon, buddy, you certainly must know by reading the threads I've been involved in that this simply can't be the straw that breaks your back?? That wasn't even anything to get ruffled feathers over, my man.

Andrew is golden in this biz.....he didn't mean anything by any of his words. Obviously he is frustrated, but it's rediculous to think it's all from you. I have had some offline conversations with Lang-man, and he's just a great guy all around. You HAVE to know he is frustrated over dealings he's had with many people in this business, and how they treat his sincere efforts. People just aren't parting with the money these days, and businesses have overhead to make. It's tough to say the least. Don't blow this out of proportion.

Times are tough......people are stressed. Add to that an injury you've had to endure through, and it kinda makes life suck. Huge. I understand that. Don't feel down about a simple misunderstanding....it happens. We're all adults, and know these things happen. But at the end of the day, we can shake hands and move on.

But take a break, leave for a few days, let your head clear...it's all good. I've had to do it before, and trust me, you'll feel better. Come back when you're ready to, but know that everyone wants you back.

Well said! Bob, as you can see by many of the supportive comments, you will be sorely missed. And we all know that if you left, you would deeply miss this forum tremendously.

I remember when I first came to this forum and showed everyone my two BLONDE Arod game used bats. I got pounced on from every direction for those bats being BP bats. I was frustrated and felt the same way, "I don't need this crap, I'm gone."

Well, a few years later, I'm still here, and I'm glad I made the decision to stay.

Hang in there and rethink your decision.

Regards, Tony
                          Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• metsbats
                            • Nov 2005

Bob,

The return on investment you get from this forum will always outweigh the occasional grief and pain in my opinion.
                            metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• allstarsplus
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by suicide_squeeze

Crazy how things work out. Steve read the thread that is "sort of" about Adam Dunn and recalled that I had Adam Dunn's 1st Home Run ball as a Washington National which is MLB holo'd and inscribed.

I wasn't going to sell it and after Steve offered me an obscene amount of money for the ball we will see where this goes so this will be a chapter for another day. As most of you know, Steve is the KING of HR baseballs with a museum quality collection so this Adam Dunn baseball may make into the Suicide Squeeze Museum alongside the greatest HR hitters the game has ever seen!

This is also the great part about this Forum!

Steve, you my friend are an awesome guy, and no matter what happens, thanks for putting a smile on my face today!

As for SkyKing, take the advice of everyone who has weighed in with the positives of the Forum.
                              Regards,
                              Andrew Lang
                              AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                              202-716-8500

Comment

Working...