PDA

View Full Version : Shaq game worn shoe, what do you think?

thebigaristole
11-18-2009, 05:58 PM
Hello,

What do you think about this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=220511961168&Category=50135&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D1

I think this is the left one, sold some time ago:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Reebok-Shaq-Attaq-shoe-20-rookie-orlando-magic-BONUS_W0QQitemZ320447004980QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20 091110?IMSfp=TL091110186009r4033

Would this COA be valid? Bostonsports.us is trustworthy?

Thanks

allstarsplus
11-18-2009, 06:09 PM
I saw it and wasn't convinced as I got a Magic shoe in size 22 that was signed when Shaq was a Rookie.

I put in an offer on that unused Phoenix Suns shoe and that guy is holding out for big bucks so I passed on that too.

Shaq is in Washington tonight (don't think he is playing). Hoping to get a deal done for Cavs shoes!!!

RobSteinmetz
11-18-2009, 07:41 PM
I am FAR from a basketball shoe guy, however, I can tell you that this particular style of Shaq's rookie shoe was also featured as part of an elaborate Reebok store display at the time this shoe was released. The display included a lifesize Shaq, a shattered backboard and bent rim, and a single Shaq-size shoe. If you see a single Shaq shoe of that style, chances are it was part of one of those store displays in the early 1990's.

suicide_squeeze
11-18-2009, 11:30 PM
Here's what I can share about Shaq's shows while he was a Laker...

His money manager/accountant/financial adviser was the president of a company called Boulevard Management. They were in the Warner Center in Woodland Hills, CA, but recently moved to another location. I worked on their suite about 4 years ago, and they stored all....I mean ALL of Shaq's game used shoes in one room.

They had a waiting list of over 500 people requesting a game used shoe from Shaq, mainly from high spenders in the Los Angeles, Miami, New York, and such cities, who either were very influential in business, entertainment, or the sports world. I know this because I asked for one, as the contractor who was remodeling their entire office. The lady in charge told me she wasn't even sure Shaq would be playing long enough to fill the requests he already had, but she would be happy to put me on the list if I wanted. She explained that he would only wear a pair of shoes for 2, maybe 3 games, then they would be "retired". Today, maybe that's down to one pair a game (?). You do the math....81 games a year, that's maybe 30-35 pair of shoes actually worn in a game that get to the pulic. Assuming they break them up, 70 happy recipients a year? I chuckled and said not to worry about it.

His shoes have always been a top item of interest collected by many. They make outstanding conversation pieces, to say the least. They had one on a display shelf in their main conference room. They also had Emmett Smith, and Matt Williams as clients at the time (others too, obviously). He also donated a TON of them to many different charities to raise monies for them. Shaq is a great guy, very giving to the community.

My point in telling you all this is.....if you ever have the opportunity to purchase a Shaq shoe that has any documentation from "Boulevard Management".....it's GOLDEN. They handled ALL of his game used shoes as a Laker. And....even though he has moved on (to Miami, and now Cleveland), they are still his money managers as he will always keep Los Angeles as his permanent home. His words, not mine.