PDA

View Full Version : jersey resto

momen55
11-19-2009, 04:15 PM
since i couldn't find a thread i will ask. who and or what company does restos on jerseys and are they accurate?

karamaxjoe
11-19-2009, 04:33 PM
I've used Mitchell and Ness in the past, but I understand Lon Lewis does great work and he's a forum member.

halzeus
11-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Exclusive Pro Sports

http://www.exclusivepro.com/

momen55
11-20-2009, 10:25 AM
anyone have lon's contact info? who else has used him and what other place is out there that you guys have used with success?
i recall someone mentioning stitches? is that a resto place?

otismalibu
11-20-2009, 11:10 AM
Are you wanting to restore an old jersey or simply have something customized?

When I hear restoration, I'm thinking matching material, same twill, etc.

I don't know if EPS does that. I've had them customize a few NFL retail jerseys for me, but they're no longer able to offer that service.

WadeInBmore
11-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Perform a forum search...Lon's forum name is his name...

LON LEWIS

Good luck.

wade

momen55
11-20-2009, 11:21 AM
restore a jersey.

kudu
02-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Has anyone else used Exclusive Pro Sports? Especially for current MLB jerseys? I am looking to do a nameplate change on a 2009 Padres jersey and was wondering how good of a job they do.

Also are there other companies out there that do MLB jersey customization/restoration?

TNTtoys
02-19-2010, 03:39 PM
Has anyone else used Exclusive Pro Sports? Especially for current MLB jerseys? I am looking to do a nameplate change on a 2009 Padres jersey and was wondering how good of a job they do.

Also are there other companies out there that do MLB jersey customization/restoration?

I use Exclusive Pro every once in a while for current jerseys. They have everything in stock to customize each & every one of the MLB teams (glitter twills, gold & silver metallic, glacier, etc.) and do a professional job. They may take a little while to finish a job due to literally thousands of jerseys coming in priodically (certain times of year are a lot busier than others too).

Where I wouldn't use them is for vintage and non-current jerseys, as these require very different materials that few are able to get their hands on (older tackle twill lettering for example). For this type of work, I almost exclusively use Lon Lewis. He pays extraordinary attn to detail, his work is top notch, and he is lightning fast. Hope this helps.

TNTtoys
02-19-2010, 03:41 PM
anyone have lon's contact info? who else has used him and what other place is out there that you guys have used with success?
i recall someone mentioning stitches? is that a resto place?

Stitches is a small shop in NY and has had the Mets contract for customizing/lettering for quite a few years. I do not know if they do any of the other pro teams, and I have heard that they might not have the specs for Mets jerseys other than the present styles. I have used them for customizing a couple of current Mets jerseys, and the work is exactly as expected.

kudu
02-22-2010, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the info. How about Jersey Express? Anyone use them before?

kudu
04-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Just wanted to give props to Exclusive Pro Sports for customizing a Padres jersey I sent them. Jersey looks awesome!