PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Cowboys game jerseys

costas
11-20-2009, 09:20 PM
Who supplied the paperwork authenticating Dallas Cowboys game jerseys for the 2006 season? Thanks.

hiflyer56
11-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Game Exclusives

costas
11-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Are they still active, and do you know if they supply replacement letters of authenticity as I purchased a jersey recently and the seller claims to have lost the paperwork. Prova tagging is still there though. Thanks.

hiflyer56
11-20-2009, 11:47 PM
No, there done. Dont think you could get another.

scottanservitz
11-21-2009, 12:07 AM
I purchased an Edgerrin James with the Gameexclusives sticker. The seller failed to send the loa so I called to see if I could get another. They said I had to get in touch with the Colts directly. I since did get the loa, but you could try the team directly as long as you have the sticker still attached and the number, although I still think you'll have a difficult time. As long as the Provo tag is intact you do have that going for you. Many collectors still hold the Provatag as the proof so to speak. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

costas
11-21-2009, 07:03 AM
Great thanks for the suggestions everyone, Scott I sent an e-mail to the Cowboys asking if they could provide any assistance. I also tried looking the Prova Group number as well but WeTrak isn't working either. If the Cowboys can't help, are there any other ways I could obtain some paperwork to vouch for its legitimacy, I just want to have some peace of mind that this jersey is true and not someone customizing a blank or previous player jersey. Thanks.

indyred
11-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Who is the jersey of? post some pictures of it and the tagging. Does jersey have any wear on it. I don't think prova stuff came with paperwork. The tag itself is paperwork. You used to be able to look up stuff on site, but now they are done. I believe and closed up shop.

Blitzmaster
11-21-2009, 12:21 PM
My problem with the Wetrak/Prova group is that without the website, you cannot know if the jersey was Game worn or team-issued. The Cowboys seem to have purchased about 10+ jersey for every player each year. The tagging for the Game-issued jerseys looks the same as the game worn stuff and with a little creative thought, you could make a bunch of fake gamers.

costas
11-21-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm away for the Thanksgiving holiday but will get photos of the jersey when I return. So if it has a Prova Group Wetrak tagging, the very least it is is a genuine game issued jersey? Have there been an instances to anyone's knowledge if they also tagged blank game jerseys and someone could have customized a star player with it?

Someone also asked, but no all there is on the jersey is the Prova Group tagging, and no Game Exclusives hologram. Thanks.

indyred
11-22-2009, 12:55 PM
If no game exclusive hologram on it then it didn't come from them and wouldn't have team COA either. So who is jersey of, is it star player. Any use / hit marks.