PDA

View Full Version : California Sports Investments on EBAY

whatupyos
06-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Hi all, just wondering what type of info anyone has on California Sports Investments on EBAY. I notice that they auction off a lot of stuff and seem to be a good company. Just wanted to know what others thought?

Thanks.
Aaron

gamehawk
06-13-2006, 11:46 AM
Aaron,

Just so you know, do a search on this very forum on them. The owner, Ron Fukashima did a public apology last year when he was caught shill bidding on items he had up for auction. In case you do not know, that means the Ebay Seller uses a different name/ID to drive up the price of an auction on his very own items. Very bad sign if you ask me.

This does not by any means challange the authenticity of his merchandise.....It simply means that he was caught with his hand in the cookie jar, so to speak.

Only my thoughts.

thomecollector
06-15-2006, 08:54 PM
I'm not sure what kind of stuff Ron has been up to lately. But I do know that I have had some great transactions in the past. I've gotten some great Thome items over the years.........:)

Oil Can Dan
06-17-2006, 05:08 PM
They currently have a Pedro Martinez "Game Used" 2000 season bat on eBay. Pedro had exactly zero at-bats during the 2000 season. He had the same amount of at-bats in the 2001 season - zero. He did not sacrifice in either season, and in fact did not appear in any game at a National League opponent either year. I do not understand how they can provide a California Sports Investment LOA that this bat was "used" during the 2000 season, unless batting practice qualifies. Even then, I am curious to understand how it is that they know Pedro used this particular bat for batting practice. I have sent them a note on this but have not heard back. To be completely fair, I only sent the note today, so I do not want to give the impression that they have not been responsive. I have tried to list only facts here, not accusations. Hopefully I haven't broken any sort of Code of Conduct - if so, I apologize and ask that my post be removed.

The California Sports Investment eBay description reads:

Pedro Martinez Red Sox/Mets Game Used Bat 2000 Season

This Adirondack bat was used by Pedro Martinez during the 2000 season. The bat, model 155B is uncracked and shows game use. There are numerous ball and seam imprint marks on the barrel. There is no dead wood on the barrel. Pedro's number "45" is written on the knob end. The bat measures 34" and weighs 33 oz. A letter of authenticity from California Sports Investments will accompany this bat.