PDA

View Full Version : Is this a team issued Warren Moon Oilers jersey?

cjw
11-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Or just a nice replica? Wilson prestige teams, size 46 with 'ES' flag tagging, cuffed sleeves, side panels, 'painted on' numbering and applied lettering.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

JasonBanz
11-21-2009, 05:23 PM
In my opinion it looks like everything matches up to be a issued jersey. The cuffed sleeves and the prestige teams tag looks right. I'm not sure what year it is from because I do not understand the lettering system on those jerseys. There are a few guys here that know. Warren Moon's last year with the Oilers was 1993, so it would be from 1993 or earlier. Hope this helps!

cjw
11-21-2009, 05:38 PM
In my opinion it looks like everything matches up to be a issued jersey. The cuffed sleeves and the prestige teams tag looks right. I'm not sure what year it is from because I do not understand the lettering system on those jerseys. There are a few guys here that know. Warren Moon's last year with the Oilers was 1993, so it would be from 1993 or earlier. Hope this helps!

Thanks Jason, I believe the 'ES' translates to and August, 1992 manufacturing date? chris

lund6771
11-23-2009, 12:50 AM
I believe the Oilers tagged their jerseys in the collar, also with a felt patch with year on it underneathn the manufactures tag