PDA

View Full Version : Need facemasks for Chiefs helmets

perlman9
11-22-2009, 11:09 AM
I just won two 80s Chiefs helmets for my stepson who is a Chiefs fan... (no comments :}) Anyway, they do not have facemasks. Does anyone know where I can get some that will be a close match. Doesn't have to be perfect, but something so he (who is 8) won't be like what the heck is wrong with this helmet! Thanks!!!

jhunt28
11-22-2009, 11:29 AM
I just won two 80s Chiefs helmets for my stepson who is a Chiefs fan... (no comments :}) Anyway, they do not have facemasks. Does anyone know where I can get some that will be a close match. Doesn't have to be perfect, but something so he (who is 8) won't be like what the heck is wrong with this helmet! Thanks!!!

I've used these guys before, and they were great. They have every facemask you can imagine, old and new

http://helmethead2.zoovy.com/

perlman9
11-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks!!! That was unbelievable helpful!!

Jayworld
11-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Also try Helmet Hut, at www.helmethut.com. Go to their Gridiron Webstore. Curtis offers the best in old style and new style masks. They will also re-dip your old masks that need refurbishment, and they sell the old-style facemask clips in various colors.

perlman9
11-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Thanks for that info, too! I was a little shocked at the prices but will have to find some photos of the two players to try and match as close as possible!!

cohibasmoker
11-23-2009, 07:35 PM

I was going to bid on those helmets but I made some other purchases so my funds were a tad limited. If they were my helmets, I'd contact Curtis at the Helmet Hut and ask for his help. I am sure he'll have the facemasks you'd need and they will match the helmets perfectly.

Jim

perlman9
11-23-2009, 08:06 PM
Thanks Jim. Yea, I am not a fan at all of the autographs because they are not from the year of the helmet and may try to remove them. But thanks for the heads up about the Helmet Hut as I wanted to get the right masks!