PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Needed: Super Bowl Footballs

cohibasmoker
11-25-2009, 10:08 AM
I recently purchased a bunch of items that belonged to a retired NFL player. In the stuff I purchased, there was a Super Bowl XXXIV football. At first glance, I didn't notice anything strange about it but as it sat on the shelf, I noticed something there was something different about it - the panel appeared to be different from footballs I've seen.

I checked eBay and did a Google search and what I've found out is, on the RETAIL SB XXXIV footballs I saw, they all have St. Louis Rams vs. Tennessee Titans. On my football it has, "NFC Champions vs. AFC Champions". There are other subtle difference between the two like, the font is different on the "Made in USA" and "Inflate to 13Lbs" stamps and the date codes are on different sides.

I am posting this thread to ask if any forum member can shed any light on why my football is different from the retail version? I would like to think that it's an authentic SB football but at this point, I can't make that determination. I guess a call to Wilson would be in order.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net