PDA

View Full Version : Andruw Jones signs with the White Sox

kylehess10
11-25-2009, 05:50 PM
And for a hell of a deal too! Andruw went from making over $14 million a year to now signing a $500,000 contract with the White Sox. It's crazy seeing Andruw being with 4 different teams in 4 different seasons, when just a few years ago everyone hoped he would be a Brave for life. Do you guys think these past couple seasons killed his HOF chances, or do you think his Braves tenure was good enough for a HOF consideration?

thomecollector
11-25-2009, 06:31 PM
I think he still has a chance to prove himself. He has become lazy the last few years. He has a chance to earn an extra 1 million in incentives. I hope they don't give #25 though. As I am still holding out for thome to return next season. ;)

sox83cubs84
11-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Never mind his HoF chances or his number...I wanna know if he'll celebrate his new deal in Chicago with some F--- YOU BALL BP bats?:eek:

Dave M.
Chicago area

Lokee
11-25-2009, 10:26 PM
LOL at Dave...

Andruw Jones is NOT a hall of fame player IMO.

metsbats
11-26-2009, 07:49 AM
The inability of a player to sign a long term deal with one team usually signifies the end of his career. Oddly enough Jones is only 32 and has reached this point. Perhaps it's the economy and teams don't want to lock into a player whose skills are suspect too.

Given his age there's always a chance Jones will resurrect his numbers from the past and put up 4-5 year of numbers of 35 hrs and 100+ RBIs and get close to 2500+ hits.

If he does he may have a better chance of consideration for the HOF.

scrinjun
11-26-2009, 10:24 AM
And for a hell of a deal too! Andruw went from making over $14 million a year to now signing a $500,000 contract with the White Sox. It's crazy seeing Andruw being with 4 different teams in 4 different seasons, when just a few years ago everyone hoped he would be a Brave for life. Do you guys think these past couple seasons killed his HOF chances, or do you think his Braves tenure was good enough for a HOF consideration?

I agree with the crazy part. I too had hoped Andruw would be a Brave for life. Just after Skip Carey's death TBS showed some of Skip's best calls ever, and guess who was in most of them? Andruw Jones. I always loved how they played the Superman theme after he made an outstanding catch! :rolleyes:

flaco1801
11-26-2009, 11:03 AM
just goes to show what these ballplayers will sign for, to collect easy money...hall of fame? are you kiddin me.. i dont think these ballplayers really care til they retire, and andrew retired last year...

STLHAMMER32
11-26-2009, 12:02 PM
LOL at Dave...

Andruw Jones is NOT a hall of fame player IMO.

I think that the past few seasons have blinded some! This guy had 10 consecutive gold glove awards and is a couple of HRs away from 400. He is still young so if he continues to get in shape as he did in Texas he could put up decent numbers again for a few years. As it stands if 400 hrs and 10 consecutive gold gloves while playing a huge role on a team that won the division year in and year out.... if this doesn't warrant Hall of Fame status I vote to take a few players out then.