Ben
  • STLHAMMER32
    • Sep 2009

Re: Frankenbat returns!

Originally posted by gorilla777
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ALBERT-PUJOLS-ST...item2ea968f9f6

Just in time for the holidays too!

Ben
    Surprise that special someone in your life with frankenbat!

Comment

• STLHAMMER32
      • Sep 2009

its the same seller just relisted and he at least says its a combination of the two bats put together. I have no problem with him doing whatever as long as buyers know what they are getting.....a frankenbat, lol.

Comment

• Rboitano
        • Nov 2005

Its a shame that he had to ruin that barrel. It would have made a nice piece all by itself. Some people are just plain stupid.

Comment

• STLHAMMER32
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Rboitano
          Its a shame that he had to ruin that barrel. It would have made a nice piece all by itself. Some people are just plain stupid.

Agreed. If it is authentic, finding a photo and possible match with the barrel would have made a great display. I can't figure out why someone would want to do this but I guess some people have different tastes. Maybe he thought someone would pay more for it as a full bat (if you can call this a bat). I am glad he said what he did with it this time, now the collector can decide.

Comment

• STLHAMMER32
            • Sep 2009

well frankenbat sold for $406......the buyer knew what he was buying and it looks like the seller broke close to even or may have lost a few bucks after ebay and paypal fees and the purchase of wood filler .

Consider this the buyer now has a piece of history from back to back MVP years (08 handle and 09 barrel) its one ugly piece of histoy

Comment

Working...