Game Used - Play On Words? - ALEX RODRIGUEZ SIGNED GAME USED BAT - 2,500 HIT YANKEES

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3arod13
    • Apr 2006

Game Used - Play On Words? - ALEX RODRIGUEZ SIGNED GAME USED BAT - 2,500 HIT YANKEES

Is this the bat he used to hit his 2,500 hit? Or a bat used in that game?

ALEX RODRIGUEZ SIGNED GAME USED BAT - 2,500 HIT YANKEES

Auction: This bat was used during the game Alex Rodriguez got his 2,500 Career Hit.

Hologram number LH713714 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BAT.
    Session Product Description:

Session Name: NYY AT BAL
    Session Date: September 02, 2009
    Autographer:
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
    Additional Information: BAT USED WHEN ALEX RODRIGUEZ HAD HIS 2500TH CAREER HIT-LOUISVILLE SLUGGER, BLK, ASH, NAME ON BAT: ALEX RODRIGUEZ

Regards, Tony
    Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~
  • 3arod13
    • Apr 2006

Re: Game Used - Play On Words? - ALEX RODRIGUEZ SIGNED GAME USED BAT - 2,500 HIT YANKEES

Originally posted by 3arod13
    Is this the bat he used to hit his 2,500 hit? Or a bat used in that game?

ALEX RODRIGUEZ SIGNED GAME USED BAT - 2,500 HIT YANKEES

Auction: This bat was used during the game Alex Rodriguez got his 2,500 Career Hit.

Hologram number LH713714 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BAT.
    Session Product Description:

Session Name: NYY AT BAL
    Session Date: September 02, 2009
    Autographer:
    Additional Information: BAT USED WHEN ALEX RODRIGUEZ HAD HIS 2500TH CAREER HIT-LOUISVILLE SLUGGER, BLK, ASH, NAME ON BAT: ALEX RODRIGUEZ

Regards, Tony
    They need to do a better job in their descriptions. Shouldn't be questionable. Should be very specific.
    Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• metsbats
      • Nov 2005

Re: Game Used - Play On Words? - ALEX RODRIGUEZ SIGNED GAME USED BAT - 2,500 HIT YANKEES

I agree Tony. It's open to alot of intepretations.

I think it's also interesting that the bat is dated 6/24/2009 and used in 9/2/09. It would be interesting to know what dates HB sent Arod bats and if they sent all his bats in July 2009 and none leading up to Sept. (which would explain the June birth date being used in Sept).
      metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• joelsabi
        • Aug 2005

Tony,

This is the third bat that they have sold on Ebay where the description did no give the bat a full 100% endorsement. I would ask for the reading of the COA.

HR 535
        “THIS BAT SHOWS REAL NICE USE AND HAS SOME MAJOR HISTORY NOW!”

HR 562
        “This bat was used 6/13/09, the day AROD hit is 562 career homerun!”

and now

HIT 2500
        This bat was used during the game Alex Rodriguez got his 2,500 Career Hit.

Regards,

Joel
        Regards,
        Joel S.
        joelsabi @ gmail.com
        Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• joelsabi
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by joelsabi
          Tony,

This is the third bat that they have sold on Ebay where the description did no give the bat a full 100% endorsement. I would ask for the reading of the COA.

HR 535
          “THIS BAT SHOWS REAL NICE USE AND HAS SOME MAJOR HISTORY NOW!”

HR 562
          “This bat was used 6/13/09, the day AROD hit is 562 career homerun!”

and now

HIT 2500
          This bat was used during the game Alex Rodriguez got his 2,500 Career Hit.

Regards,

Joel
          oh. base on the results of the HR 562 that was discussed here, i doubt it was the bat used to hit his 2500 career hit.
          Regards,
          Joel S.
          joelsabi @ gmail.com
          Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• joelsabi
            • Aug 2005

oh. base on the results of the HR 562 that was discussed here, i doubt it was the bat used to hit his 2500 career hit.
            maybe it could be. the HR 562 bat was the bat the boitaino found discrepancy with circular date stamp on it. that bat had no reserve and the description on mlb authentication had no description of being the bat used as a homerun bat. at least this one has a description on MLB autheticated for 2500 hit.

and they arent giving it away at 10K. So maybe it is.

The seller needs to do a better job when endorsing their product.
            Regards,
            Joel S.
            joelsabi @ gmail.com

Comment

• 3arod13
              • Apr 2006

maybe it could be. the HR 562 bat was the bat the boitaino found discrepancy with circular date stamp on it. that bat had no reserve and the description on mlb authentication had no description of being the bat used as a homerun bat. at least this one has a description on MLB autheticated for 2500 hit.

and they arent giving it away at 10K. So maybe it is.

The seller needs to do a better job when endorsing their product.
              Joel,

If it was the bat, it should read:

Additional Information: BAT USED WHEN ALEX RODRIGUEZ HIT (NOT "HAD HIT") 2500TH CAREER HIT-LOUISVILLE SLUGGER, BLK, ASH, NAME ON BAT: ALEX RODRIGUEZ

They have to be specific (exact) in their description. Especially MLB.

Regards, Tony
              Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• sctizzle
                • Nov 2005

Here is a screen shot of the hit...looks like there is a huge white mark next to the LS logo...can't tell from the sellers pix if it is on the bat, but maybe someone who is interested can ask the seller...

Comment

• Bondsgloves
                  • Aug 2007

Tony - just checking to see if you have photomatched your first grandslam bat? It maybe the only way to protect your arod investments, because I think more and more of these inscriptions are misleading and educated buyers may have second thoughts in the future. Like the 1996 All Star grey flannel auction jersey, the auction house has in the description this is the 2nd 1996 Allstar game gameworn jersey to be auctioned signed by Arod as game worn. I would of bid on that jersey but there is to much doubt and would hate to invest so much in an item that I'm not 100% certain.

Comment

• joelsabi
                    • Aug 2005

Joel,

If it was the bat, it should read:

Additional Information: BAT USED WHEN ALEX RODRIGUEZ HIT (NOT "HAD HIT") 2500TH CAREER HIT-LOUISVILLE SLUGGER, BLK, ASH, NAME ON BAT: ALEX RODRIGUEZ

They have to be specific (exact) in their description. Especially MLB.

Regards, Tony
                    Tony,

I go along with what you said. If you look at other items from that day, you get several baseballs. You can see the specific descriptions that you allude to. Notice the change from the actual 2500 ball compare to a baseball used from that game.

LH LH713690
                    ALEX RODRIGUEZ'S 2,500TH CAREER HIT BALL--BERKEN PITCH TO RODRIGUEZ, TOP OF 5TH, BALL HIT TO CENTER

LH 713691 thru LH 713714
                    Additional Information: BALL USED IN GAME THAT ALEX RODRIGUEZ HAD HIS 2500TH CAREER HIT
                    Regards,
                    Joel S.
                    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Comment

• joelsabi
                      • Aug 2005

LH 713691 thru LH 713714
                      Additional Information: BALL USED IN GAME THAT ALEX RODRIGUEZ HAD HIS 2500TH CAREER HIT
                      Correction LH 713691-713711 only
                      Regards,
                      Joel S.
                      joelsabi @ gmail.com

Comment

• 3arod13
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Bondsgloves
                        Tony - just checking to see if you have photomatched your first grandslam bat? It maybe the only way to protect your arod investments, because I think more and more of these inscriptions are misleading and educated buyers may have second thoughts in the future. Like the 1996 All Star grey flannel auction jersey, the auction house has in the description this is the 2nd 1996 Allstar game gameworn jersey to be auctioned signed by Arod as game worn. I would of bid on that jersey but there is to much doubt and would hate to invest so much in an item that I'm not 100% certain.
                        Yes, I will be researching this bat, as I did the Rawlings. It's more difficult to find videos and pictures from 1996, than it is today.

I contacted Seattle Mariners, Detroit Tigers, MLB Media, TV stations in Seattle, with no luck of finding a video of the that game on 18 April 1996. Arod has a video clip on his website (www.arod.com) which shows him hitting the Grand Slam, but you can't see details in the bat. I do have a close-up picture of him hitting the grand slam, but it's in motion of him hitting it, so it's blurry. Does look like the end is cupped, so that's a positive sign.

Knowing that Juan has been friends with Arod since 1994, and the bat was given to Juan as a gift from Arod back in 1996, and the fact Juan has had it in his collection since then, gives me some comfort. But, as with the Rawlings bat, and the history of errors with Arod stuff, I have to know for sure, for my own piece of mind.

The inscription is from 1996, and pretty detailed (specific), so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Regards, Tony
                        Attached Files
                        Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• 3arod13
                          • Apr 2006

Yes, I will be researching this bat, as I did the Rawlings. It's more difficult to find videos and pictures from 1996, than it is today.

I contacted Seattle Mariners, Detroit Tigers, MLB Media, TV stations in Seattle, with no luck of finding a video of the that game on 18 April 1996. Arod has a video clip on his website (www.arod.com) which shows him hitting the Grand Slam, but you can't see details in the bat. I do have a close-up picture of him hitting the grand slam, but it's in motion of him hitting it, so it's blurry. Does look like the end is cupped, so that's a positive sign.

Knowing that Juan has been friends with Arod since 1994, and the bat was given to Juan as a gift from Arod back in 1996, and the fact Juan has had it in his collection since then, gives me some comfort. But, as with the Rawlings bat, and the history of errors with Arod stuff, I have to know for sure, for my own piece of mind.

The inscription is from 1996, and pretty detailed (specific), so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Regards, Tony
                          $250 to anyone who can help me research and authenticate the grand slam bat.

Regards, Tony
                          Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• 3arod13
                            • Apr 2006

$250 to anyone who can help me research and authenticate the grand slam bat.

Regards, Tony

Sorry, meant "Photomatch" vice "authenticate."
                            Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• joelsabi
                              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Bondsgloves

i think its a short sighted to make a statement that photomatching is the only way for tony to protect his investment on this grandslam bat. based on where it comes from, how it was obtained, and chain of exchange from rodriguez-iglesias-baldwin , i dont see how this could not be THE grandslam bat.

if anything photomatching would be icing on the cake for such a sweet item.
                              Regards,
                              Joel S.
                              joelsabi @ gmail.com

Comment

Working...