PDA

View Full Version : Question on a Joe Mauer Bat. Authenticate it or no?

MLB_Authentic
12-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Ok, so I have this 2009 Joe Mauer Game Used Rawlings. I know its 100% real as I received it from a grounds crew member and all the use is correct.

What I am wondering is if I should have it authenticated. I don't plan to get rid of it, but is something happens to me, I don't know that anyone in my family would know how to sell it properly. Your thoughts?

MLB_Authentic
12-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Crap, I'm sorry guys, I didnt use the resized photos. I apologize.

rmichne
12-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Thats ok. I only had to take about ten steps back to see the photos. (Ha Ha)

Nice bat.

Ron

nomarmauerfan
12-06-2009, 11:09 AM
I don't know if you have to get it authenticated. It is a legit Mauer bat. All of us Mauer collectors know that. This is what I have done with my collection. I have taken pictures of each of my bats with descriptions of each bat. I have included the names of other collectors that specialize in the guys I collect. That way, my wife and son have people to contact if they need help with the bats. Hope this helps.

Mike

legaleagle92481
12-08-2009, 11:28 AM
I wouldn't waste my money authenticating it. I like alot of people do not trust third party authenticators anymore and will not buy anything that has been so "authenticated". Although to other collectors it still means alot and makes an item worth more to them or gives them confidence when buying so it is a matter of personal preference.

David
12-08-2009, 03:14 PM
You could write a brief descriptive letter on the bat, including how you got it (provenance). That would help your family if they had to sell it.

i think it's a good think to write descriptions and/or labels for one's valuables, in case they need to be sold later on. One's family may know little to nothing about the collection and, at the least, the notes will save them lots of time. I did similar once and told a family member who were reliable auctioneers to consign the stuff to.