PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Jerseys -Historic Auctions

beantown
06-14-2006, 10:35 PM
These are the Steelers Home Game Worn Jerseys as they appear in the current Historic Auctions....

I think the Roethlisberger is constructed as a Steelers Game Worn Jersey should be, however, the Randel El and Parker Jerseys ARE NOT! Here's why...starting in 2001 Reebok began to manufacture Steelers game jerseys and the jersey was constructed of a mesh body with a solid material that encompasses the entire shoulder area. You see that with the Roethlisberger jersey, but NOT the Randle El and Parker Jerseys as the shoulder area is also comprised of mesh material and IS NOT CONSISTENT with Steelers Game Jerseys. Moreover, the Randle El and Parker Jersey have the neck year tag affixed to mesh, which is wrong and their respective nameplates are affixed to a portion of the jersey which is constructed of mesh and is also wrong.

This can be difficult to see sometime on Steelers Home Jerseys, however, Historic Auctions has a Ward Road Jersey which you can see it better...

This type of jersey construction is more indicative of an Authentic Steelers store bought jersey...here is a picture of a REAL Authentic being sold on Ebay....

Well, I know that Historic Auctions has addressed the provenance of on at least the Parker jersey, stating the following....

Questions From Members
Question & AnswerDate AnsweredQ: I am interested in all of your Pittsburgh jerseys. I have a few questions for you. 1) I live in Tampa, are they available for inspection? 2) Steelers jerseys rarely hit the market, what are the source of these nice pieces? 3) Can I see the COA's?
A by Whitney: These jerseys came from a team source within the organization. The LOA's come from Global Authentication.
Well, these are my thoughts and if anyone has something to add or photos to match the Parker and Randel El, please do...thanks..

beantown
06-14-2006, 10:40 PM
I forgot to mention that the Steelers nameplates are customized to fit the players name and are "cropped" accordingly....they DO NOT run the entire lenghth of the shoulder for every player...again see Historic's Steelers/Ward Road Jersey as an example of a CORRECT jersey...

Eric
06-14-2006, 11:25 PM
I can tell you that I had asked for an explanation of why the font fo the Randle El jersey seemed different than other Steelers jerseys.

On June 4th James Brown said he was still researching that. It's June 14th and I have not heard anything

Here is a getty image from 2004
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/51894689.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CE43D1010B45A66BE1
Or this Willie Parker from 2005
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/56492470.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CE0701A24DAA317EFE
Anyone have an explanation?
Eric

1yountfan
06-15-2006, 06:52 AM
I was interested in the Ward jersey. I read the previous posts. Are you saying the Ward jersey is authentic?

beantown
06-15-2006, 07:53 AM
I was interested in the Ward jersey. I read the previous posts. Are you saying the Ward jersey is authentic?

I can't say for sure, but I believe the size is too big and Ward wore a Size 42 or 40. However, it's constructed the way a Steelers gamer should be....

bondsfan
06-15-2006, 09:32 AM
i seriously doubt the authenticity of any of those jerseys. If you do some research you'll notice randle el, parker and ward used custom trimmed jerseys in 04 and 05. All of these are full length jerseys. Plus, there are other several other valid points raised.

1yountfan
06-15-2006, 09:35 AM
Thanks.

otismalibu
06-15-2006, 10:48 AM
Although I'm a big Steelers fan, I really know very little about their gamers...except I've heard they are pretty scarce. But, the first thing that caught my eye was the name lettering for ARE and Fast Willie.

It's also an easy way to spot the fake Reebok Authentics (the high end replica) on eBay.

Usually, when I do a search for "authentic Steelers jersey" on eBay, all but a couple of my results will be fakes.

Greg

Eric
06-15-2006, 12:55 PM
Even though Global has said numerous times that they are not authentication Historic's current auction, HA is still telling comsumers they are.

Here's a question a user asked about the Willie Parker Steelers jersey and was answered Wednesday June 14.

Questions From Members
Question & AnswerDate AnsweredQ: I am interested in all of your Pittsburgh jerseys. I have a few questions for you. 1) I live in Tampa, are they available for inspection? 2) Steelers jerseys rarely hit the market, what are the source of these nice pieces? 3) Can I see the COA's?
A by Whitney: These jerseys came from a team source within the organization. The LOA's come from Global Authentication.

beantown
11-23-2006, 10:58 AM
These are the Steelers Home Game Worn Jerseys as they appear in the current Historic Auctions....

I think the Roethlisberger is constructed as a Steelers Game Worn Jersey should be, however, the Randel El and Parker Jerseys ARE NOT! Here's why...starting in 2001 Reebok began to manufacture Steelers game jerseys and the jersey was constructed of a mesh body with a solid material that encompasses the entire shoulder area. You see that with the Roethlisberger jersey, but NOT the Randle El and Parker Jerseys as the shoulder area is also comprised of mesh material and IS NOT CONSISTENT with Steelers Game Jerseys. Moreover, the Randle El and Parker Jersey have the neck year tag affixed to mesh, which is wrong and their respective nameplates are affixed to a portion of the jersey which is constructed of mesh and is also wrong.

This can be difficult to see sometime on Steelers Home Jerseys, however, Historic Auctions has a Ward Road Jersey which you can see it better...

This type of jersey construction is more indicative of an Authentic Steelers store bought jersey...here is a picture of a REAL Authentic being sold on Ebay....

Well, I know that Historic Auctions has addressed the provenance of on at least the Parker jersey, stating the following....

Questions From Members
Well, these are my thoughts and if anyone has something to add or photos to match the Parker and Randel El, please do...thanks..

Historic Auctions current auction has a 2004 Ben Roethlisberger Home Jersey that is pathetic! (See Below). There is NO WAY this jersey is even team issued as it constructed as an AUTHENTIC store bought jersey. The shoulder area should be complete solid material, not mesh, the Name Plate Font is too large, and the Steelers don't have extra length tags on their tail tags. This jersey matches up (store bought authentic) to the Parker jersey they had in the last auction. Another interesting point, is that this Roethlisberger is different from the one the last one they had in their last auction, yet it still passess authentication?????:mad:

http://www.historicauctions.com/images/listings/9EC0461F-1111-B1F9-F35D7FC3C9E30C2B/1.jpg (http://www.historicauctions.com/search/showphotos/auctionid/33892/)

otismalibu
11-23-2006, 11:37 AM
C'mon you crooked bastards!

If you're going to "build a gamer", at least take some pride in your bogus work. Buy a few Getty photos for reference. Get the proper lettering style...and the right size.

What percentage of Steelers "gamers" that we see up for auction, are actually legit? I wonder.

Eric
12-09-2006, 01:12 PM
The Ben ROETHLISBERGER IS UP TO $1331

beantown
12-09-2006, 04:20 PM
The Ben ROETHLISBERGER IS UP TO $1331

That is absolutley sickening! Someone is going to spend a lot of money on a downright bogus jersey....:mad: :mad: :mad: