PDA

View Full Version : Buyer Beware Sportsintergrity from NJ

capitalssticks
12-07-2009, 11:36 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230400250260&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I win this item on ebay, after 11 days i contact seller to ask where its at. (and he charges $9 for shipping) Tells me hes been sick but i had won his item way under cost. Promises me it was shipped that saturday (bogus tracking number) now its been almost 3 weeks he lets me know in his final email that he wont be shipping it to me because im so rude. Now hes contacted ebay customer support to try and keep my money too. Guy had decent feedback, not sure what his deal is

legaleagle92481
12-07-2009, 12:32 PM
If you paid by Paypal you can institute a complaint on there. Alot of sellers on Ebay suck because they want to attract bids and pay less fees so they set a low starting bid, get bids but then the bid does not go high enough and they "end up losing money on the item" and backing out of the transaction or trying to extort more money from the buyer. It has happened to me many times on there. I won a Michael Jordan black Mr. June autographed basketball certified by UDA once for $500 and the seller actually sent me an email begging me not to pay and that if I did he would not accept the money because he was selling it on consignment and the consigner was not happy with the final bid. I complained to Ebay they did nothing to him as he still sells on there. Another time I won a Dominque Wilkins signed leather basketball for $75 and the seller actually mailed me a signed Wilkens photo with a refund instead along with a note stating that he "could not find the ball". Sellers should just protect themselves by setting higher opening bids and/or reserves it is worth the extra fees that Ebay charges to do so.

bigtruck260
12-07-2009, 01:28 PM
My spam filter literally gets rid of a ton of their emails. Seems like they have some good deals, but nothing I am ever interested in.

I bought some good stuff from them a few years back at decent prices.

If you paid for the item and never recieved it, you should be able to file a complaint. My eBay customer service expereinces have been surprisingly better as of late.

capitalssticks
12-07-2009, 04:09 PM
In all fairness to the seller, he did refund my money today. It is possible the post office misplaced the item because he does have good feedback. Hopefully that is the case

karamaxjoe
12-07-2009, 05:23 PM
You said he gave you a bogus tracking number so what does that tell you about the seller?

In these situations you always issue a paypal chargeback and the seller will have to prove he shipped the item with an actual tracking number. Without that proof of shipping you will always get your money back. Ebay customer service is a waste of time.

You know that picture will be back on ebay in no time at all.

legaleagle92481
12-07-2009, 05:35 PM
What is great feedback to you? I looked at the seller in questions and it is under 99% with 10 negatives in the past six months. I may be overly picky but to me even a very high volume seller should not have more than the unavoidable two or three from that very tiny percentage of buyers who cannot be appeased no matter what the seller does. Yes, problems that are not the fault of either party do arise but 99.9% of the time they can be worked out via communication between the parties before anyone has to resort to leaving negative feedback, which to me is an absolute last resort. As far as something getting lost in the mail, that is extremely unlikely and does not explain the bogus tracking number. Glad to hear that at least you got your money back.

scorpian67
12-07-2009, 11:12 PM
He probably knows you get tons on stuff signed by the Capitals and resells it.

TNTtoys
12-09-2009, 03:47 PM
This entire thread makes no sense.

On one hand, the seller shipped it 3 weeks ago, provides a bogus tracking number, and then he tells the buyer he won't be shipping it now because the buyer's rude.

Am I the only one who doesn't see the logic here? If he is refusing to ship the item 3 weeks later, doesn't this imply that he still has the item?

And why then would the buyer give the seller the benefit of the doubt that the post office might have lost it if it's clear that the seller still has it?

And if the item is "lost", why would the seller be so willing to refund money instead of putting in a claim, etc.? Doesn't the claim process start at 30 days, not 3 weeks?

Again, am I the only one here failing to see the logic???

5kRunner
12-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Seller didn't lose the item. It is right here. http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEXANDER-OVECHKIN-SIGNED-CAPITALS-NHL-8x10-PHOTO-TSP_W0QQitemZ230409241240QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item35a5760298#ht_2066wt_782

I agree TNT, this thread doesn't make any sense.

I'd be pissed if I won an item and the seller first sent me a bogus tracking number and then flat out refused to ship the item.

raider1088
12-13-2009, 11:14 PM
i had a problem with sports integrity about a year ago.i bought a signed vince neill rolling stone 16x20 from his website.when i recieved it it came slightly torn.i tried calling his c/s number for 2 weeks and got nothing but a voice mail.finally after getting frustrated and filing a paypal dispute he finally called me.he said he was sorry and would ship me out another one and i could keep the original one.well two months go by and still nothing.paypal tells me they can't do anything because it was not an ebay item.
well i find out sportsintegrity started selling his stuff on a couple other websites that i went on.i started posting to other members to beware of this guy and not buy anything.this guy starts to get angry with me,telling me i'm wrong for doing this and he's not shipping my item.others on the forum started lambasting sportsingrity for this.he finally relented and sent me my poster.
so in the end,i wouldn't deal with this guy.he's more trouble than it's worth.