PDA

View Full Version : American Memorabilia

scorpian67
12-07-2009, 11:16 PM
Anyone been paid with them? I see they are still in business and seem to be doing fairly well in the past few auctions.

legaleagle92481
12-08-2009, 09:29 AM
I have heard from third parties that they can be slow to pay their cosignors and they auction off alot of questionable or downright bad stuff see the Ichiro jersey thread on here. If I were selling I would use Hertiage Auctions or GUU.

perlman9
12-08-2009, 10:01 AM
...and not to beat a dead horse, but they have a Buccaneer jersey with a starting bid of $50 and I bid on it. There were no other bids, but less than 5 minutes later I get an outbid notice. Seemed a bit odd that it went from no bids to being outbid in a few seconds. I didn't think too much of that, but this Karl Williams jersey has been listed almost every auction, so would stand to assume that there is either a reserve they fail to mention, or the auction house automatically bids the jersey up to a certain point. I am not a big fan of that style as why not just list the jersey for what the seller is willing to sell it for? The same Bucs jerseys appear every auction and gets frustrating that they make it so hard to buy!

33bird
12-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Trust me-nobody from the past has gotten a penny. I haven't gotten anything of the 22k they owe me. Maybe the new system is getting people paid, but past consignors have gotten ZERO. I do have good news as my attorney is turning them into the Attorney General for fraud and other crimes. So even if we all get screwed there's gonna be a great chance that they go to jail in the near future. Stay tuned.

33bird
12-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Also, if anybody knows items that are AMI's that they keep putting in their own auctions, please let me know what items via email. Thanks.

TriplexXxSports
12-08-2009, 09:24 PM
...and not to beat a dead horse, but they have a Buccaneer jersey with a starting bid of $50 and I bid on it. There were no other bids, but less than 5 minutes later I get an outbid notice. Seemed a bit odd that it went from no bids to being outbid in a few seconds. I didn't think too much of that, but this Karl Williams jersey has been listed almost every auction, so would stand to assume that there is either a reserve they fail to mention, or the auction house automatically bids the jersey up to a certain point. I am not a big fan of that style as why not just list the jersey for what the seller is willing to sell it for? The same Bucs jerseys appear every auction and gets frustrating that they make it so hard to buy!

AMI allows consignors to have a reserve and that reserve is not made public to the bidders. AMI will bid on behalf of the item up to the reserve amount to help the consignors get maximum dollar for their items.

You will notice that most items that have bids have 2, 4, 6, etc. because of the hidden bid policy that AMI uses. Lets say bidder 1 throws in a bid of $50 on an item. AMI will bid $100, Bidder 1 then sees he is outbid and bids $150. AMI will then in turn go to $200, etc. If you see an item with an odd number of bids, 99% of the time the reserve has been met and that odd bid is the high bidder. The other 1% of the time the item never had a reserve set by the consignor.

Seems kind of criminal to me, but whatever.

wllump52
12-09-2009, 12:15 AM
They stil owe me from their Sept and Oct 2008 auctions. I filed a complaint with the Nevada Attorney General in April 2009 and I have had one discussion with the Nevada AG (in early October 2009). They seem to be getting the run around from AM -- also the unit that handles these types of consumer complaints was disbanded as part of the current year budget cuts -- they are trying to determine which group may be able to assist on this matter--:( :mad:

dirtyla2000
12-11-2009, 04:28 AM
I feel bad for all out there who have been screwed and I hope somewhere down the road your money will return!That being said I just picked up a BOB BAILEY 72 flannel from them and am thrilled! Good luck to all.

platinum1
12-11-2009, 09:58 AM
I feel bad for all out there who have been screwed and I hope somewhere down the road your money will return!That being said I just picked up a BOB BAILEY 72 flannel from them and am thrilled! Good luck to all.
But I'm sure the consignor is pissed off because he hasn't been payed.

dirtyla2000
12-11-2009, 07:13 PM
But I'm sure the consignor is pissed off because he hasn't been payed.
I hope thats not the case but you may be right!

worldchamps
12-11-2009, 07:47 PM
I made a couple bids on autographed items that had no bids. I instantly got a high bidder email followed by an outbid email. I once again decided to not bid anymore and now when i do a search for completed auctions, neither of those items show up as even being in the auction, and when i look into my account, under my previous bids neither of those items are there.

A long time ago i really wanted a kobe game jersey, and lost at the last second, i got a call the next day saying the winner backed out and they offered it to me at the price i highest bid. I said i want it, but if there were 2 of us bidding, if you take all his bids out wouldnt it be lower? She said they did that it this was the price.....i really wanted it and the price was pretty good, but i declined bc it seemed fishy.

Like with any auction, they will occasionly have an item i am interested in, but i am always a little hesitant bc of the stories i read about them.