PDA

View Full Version : GFC ABA jersey values

genius
12-08-2009, 08:19 PM
Any guesses why the explosion in value of basketball jerseys on GF? Multiple 50Ks in the last auction, another over 25K with a day to go on this one.

genius
12-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Spirits of St. Louis jersey went for $50K again. Doesn't anyone find this to be a bit overpriced?

both-teams-played-hard
12-10-2009, 03:07 PM
It may very well be the coolest basketball jersey style ever made, but yes 50K is overpriced. A lot of painfully rich folks shop at Grey Flannel. Grey Flannel has been selling some incredible hoop jerseys over the past couple of years. I can't imagine someone, who is not a millionaire spending 50 grrrr on a tank-top. I sold my last ABA jersey for $4,000 and my wife wanted me to spend the money on frivolous things like rent and groceries.

otismalibu
12-10-2009, 04:27 PM
- GFC always has the best selection of old hoops jerseys, IMO
- ABA jerseys will always be desirable
- GFC bidders have deep pockets
- I once spoke on the phone to a gentleman who had numerous high end pieces up for auction with GFC and he said if the auction didn't reach a certain price, he'd be "buying the jersey back". Perhaps that's open to interpretation, but I'm confident that I know what he meant. ;)

worldchamps
12-10-2009, 10:23 PM
It does make sense, they set up at all the Hof inductions, it wouldnt be hard to put together a pretty big client list. Dont forget NBA auctions/Meigray client exquisite613 or something like that, buys everything hoops. There for a while, any rookie jersey of any player would go for big bucks. Also Basketball is very global sport so i am sure they get some big hitters all around.