PDA

View Full Version : Reds collectors 1976 game used bicentennial bats

dcrules01
12-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Has anyone or does anyone have a Joel Youngblood 1976 game used bicentennial bat (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS292US293&ei=650hS_zGKMrClAfdnuWKCg&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&ved=0CAgQBSgA&q=1976+game+used+bicentennial+bat&spell=1) . He appeared in 55 games that season with the Reds. A form member recently picked up a Doug Flynn bat from that year much to my dismay.I am sure there is also more than one Flynn bat from that year at least I hope. I am also looking for a needle in a hay stack a Pat Zachary bat from that season.Has anyone ever saw any of these or are they in anyones collection. I just picked up my 6th Youngblood bat hopefully it will be here by Sat..Thanks for any information and any help..This is a wanted post but also any advice on where I might locate any of these 3 bats would be great.

sox83cubs84
12-11-2009, 04:43 PM
You might try running a classified ad in the papers around Geneva/Aurora IL. I had one over 15 years ago and donated it to a charity auction at the Kane County Cougars' off-season dinner, as Youngblood was signed to be the new manager for the upcoming season. Assuming someone in the area won it, it may well still be out there.

Dave M.
Chicago area