PDA

View Full Version : Terrible fake! Calling all Hamilton Fans!

STLHAMMER32
12-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Hey guys,

http://cgi.ebay.com/JOSH-HAMILTON-GAME-USED-BAT-BAKERSFIELD-BLAZE-AUTOGRAPH_W0QQitemZ270500478732QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ LH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3efb15bf0c

Came across this bat on ebay....there are so many things terrible with this bat. It has a horrible fake signature to top it off...I emailed the seller that the bat did not match any Hamilton characteristics and the signature was not authentic...

I received an explicit email back that I cannot even post on here....what a great guy. As a Hamilton fan and collector this one I really took offense to

If you like Hamilton (or would like to conversate with a wonderful person:o ) drop this guy a line and let him know how wonderful the bat is:p

legaleagle92481
12-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Well the interesting thing is the seller says it was obtained in 2001 when he played for Bakersfield, he did not play for Bakersfield that year he played for them in 2002. So the seller cannot even get that right, I mean if you are going to sell stuff like this at least get the year that you are trying to pass the item off as being from right. He appears to be new at this though since he has no feedback and only one item for sale so maybe he will improve with practice. So far he has fooled someone into bidding $5 and Josh is a very popular player so it would not shock me if he ended up getting a few more unsuspecting fans to bid.

nationals2k9
12-14-2009, 02:26 PM
If you like Hamilton (or would like to conversate with a wonderful person:o ) drop this guy a line and let him know how wonderful the bat is:p

That was fun!

I told him his bat is "filthy" and he said something similar about my mother.

Just what I look for in a seller! :o

STLHAMMER32
12-14-2009, 02:54 PM
Haha! O he's just a wonderful person, great communication, insightful responses and very knowledgeable :p