PDA

View Full Version : Completing 2009 Collecting Goals

joelsabi
12-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Did you complete your collecting goal(s) for 2009? Mine was to get up my Display. I have two book cases that I need to complete and then put fiberglass on it. Home Depot does not cut fiberglass any more so I need to find another place to do that.

Sad to say, but I think I am going to fall short of getting my display up by this weekend. Traveling to Colombia for Christmas this weekend. It been more work than I expected and something always seems to come up. :(

legaleagle92481
12-15-2009, 10:06 AM
My goals were to branch out into game used jersey collecting which I did successfully picking up NBA jerseys of Dirk Nitrowski and Ben Wallace, a signed baseball jersey of Michael Young from Jackie Robinson Day 2009 and NFL jerseys from A. Crumpler, M. Roos, D'Brickshaw Ferguson, Bryan Thomas, Shaun Ellis (all AFL throwbacks from 2009), Revis (2009 Home) and Mario Williams (signed, pink captains patch). I also ventured into autographed check collecting from sports and Hollywood and government and was able to pick up Ty cobb, Lou Costello,both president Roosevelts, Groucho Marx, James Stewart, Gary Cooper, Clark Gable, Al Simmons, Franke Frisch, Lefty Grove, Ava Garner, Dorthy Lamour, Angela Landsbury, Errol Flynn, Stan Laurel, Vincent Price, Gregory Peck, Robert Mitchcum, David Niven, Kate Hepburn, Judy Garland and a few others. I also added to my game used bat collection by picking up David Ortiz, Hanley Ramirez, Jim Thome, Ryan Braun, Lance Berkman, Prince Fielder, Todd Helton, Adam Dunn, Chase Utley, Justin Morneau, Edgar Renteria and Evan Longoria. I still have not sold my sports autograph collection but I am holding out for the best price as I am selling it out of boredom and to clear space and not because I need the money. So maybe that will happen in 2010 but overall 2009 was a very successful year!

BIGSTIG
12-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Here were my goals in 2009 -

My 2009 Goals -

Any 2 of these gloves

Moises Alou - Still have yet to see one......Andrew :)
Derrek Lee - I was offered one, but was to much $$
Kerry Wood - GOT ONE!!!!!
Shawon Dunston - Yet to see one
Carlos Zambrano - Didnt see one this year

And any 2 of these jerseys

Rick Sutcliffe - GOT ONE!!!!
Andre Dawson - Had one and traded it :(
Mark Grace - The only 2 I saw one was just to expensive (95 all star jersey) and the second had to much wrong with it
Dwight Smith - I am working on this

Lofty Goals, I know.

thomecollector
12-15-2009, 06:05 PM
My goals were to branch out into game used jersey collecting which I did successfully picking up NBA jerseys of Dirk Nitrowski and Ben Wallace, a signed baseball jersey of Michael Young from Jackie Robinson Day 2009 and NFL jerseys from A. Crumpler, M. Roos, D'Brickshaw Ferguson, Bryan Thomas, Shaun Ellis (all AFL throwbacks from 2009), Revis (2009 Home) and Mario Williams (signed, pink captains patch). I also ventured into autographed check collecting from sports and Hollywood and government and was able to pick up Ty cobb, Lou Costello,both president Roosevelts, Groucho Marx, James Stewart, Gary Cooper, Clark Gable, Al Simmons, Franke Frisch, Lefty Grove, Ava Garner, Dorthy Lamour, Angela Landsbury, Errol Flynn, Stan Laurel, Vincent Price, Gregory Peck, Robert Mitchcum, David Niven, Kate Hepburn, Judy Garland and a few others. I also added to my game used bat collection by picking up David Ortiz, Hanley Ramirez, Jim Thome, Ryan Braun, Lance Berkman, Prince Fielder, Todd Helton, Adam Dunn, Chase Utley, Justin Morneau, Edgar Renteria and Evan Longoria. I still have not sold my sports autograph collection but I am holding out for the best price as I am selling it out of boredom and to clear space and not because I need the money. So maybe that will happen in 2010 but overall 2009 was a very successful year! Legal, Email me. I may have something of interest to you. Thanks,Roger:)

chakes89
12-15-2009, 06:18 PM
My Goal was to add to my Jay Bruce collection

I picked up 5 game used bats this year so I think I achieved my goal

murfsteve25
12-15-2009, 06:44 PM
My goal was something I have been chasing for the past few years...

A David Justice jersey with his name on the back. All i have are his Yankees stuff, so obviously there is no name. But I did pick up his Indians jersey. pics will be posted once it arrives in the mail.

Fnazxc0114
12-15-2009, 08:28 PM
I wanted a josh hamilton g/u jersey and a ian kinsler g/u pink mothers day bat. I was able to obtain both. Also was able to pick up g/u gloves of kinsler, andrus and salty. those were kind of a fluke as i wasnt really actively searching for them. The last thing i wanted to do was start a 53 topps set. Thankfully i was able to do this at my first nationall convention. Coincidently it is also where i got my hamilton jersey. As for 2010 there really isnt anything i am actively looking for. Ill probably finish my 53 set at next years national. If i came across a michael young glove which i have never seen i would be happy