PDA

View Full Version : Hillerich & Bradsby Advertisements

shoremen44
12-15-2009, 04:37 PM
I own one 1947 Mickey Vernon H&B Advertisement...

Does anyone know where I can get some high res pictures of them all?

I believe there was Mickey Vernon, Johnny Mize, Ted Williams, and Joe Dimaggio...

ironmanfan
12-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Not sure about high resolution pictures, but I do recall some (or all) were sold in the '99 Barry Halper auction (I can picture the Joe D. one....believe it was signed as well).

perezfan
12-16-2009, 04:25 AM
There was also a Stan Musial. Not sure how hi-res you need, but Hunt's would certainly have photos of all variations in their "Completed Auction Archives". Often, you can blow up the images with great detail.

Hope this helps...

shoremen44
12-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Thanks guys... I have found a bunch of pictures on auction sites, but nothing that had very good detail... no real high res pics

Vintagedeputy
12-16-2009, 03:37 PM
"stickman", "twin-bill", "topped the circuit".....

ahh I love the old ads that used all the baseball phrases of yesteryear...

I wish we could still hear the announcers of old talk about second sackers and southpaws today. As much as I love modern baseball, a "circuit clout" beats "an A-bomb from A-rod" every day of the week.

ironmanfan
12-16-2009, 10:48 PM

I wish we could still hear the announcers of old talk about second sackers and southpaws today. As much as I love modern baseball, a "circuit clout" beats "an A-bomb from A-rod" every day of the week.

Remember when the American League used to be referred as the "Junior Circuit?"

Tay1038
12-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Hi Bert,

Awesome H&B Advertisement! I would like to own one like that! If you run across any other originals that you do not want for yourself - please give me a shout!

Thanks,
Taylor
Tay1038@aol.com

shoremen44
12-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Taube has a Johhny Mize on his site...

vdsporty25
12-21-2009, 04:39 PM
There is a couple on ebay right now as well....pretty penny though...

shoremen44
12-21-2009, 08:44 PM
There is a couple on ebay right now as well....pretty penny though...

If the guy selling them just bought them in the last Hunt auction... he paid a total of like $1000... and he is asking more than double

sox83cubs84
12-21-2009, 08:46 PM

Don't forget "flychaser", "the dark one", and "backstop"

Dave M.
Chicago area