PDA

View Full Version : Tagging on White Sox pants

grenda12
12-17-2009, 12:38 AM
Can someone explain the tagging on these.

Im thinking its this... 36-waist, 40-inseam, 34-player number, OB (not sure), 06-2006, SPD-St. Patricks Day

Any help greatly appreciated!

platinum1
12-17-2009, 12:58 AM
the #34 doesn't mean the players #. I had these Nick Massett full uniform and as you can see it also has the number 34. Actually I have seen a couple of these St Patty uniforms and almost all of the had the 34 on them. I'm thinking its the length on the pants and 38-42 means the waist size.

thomecollector
12-17-2009, 05:03 AM
the #34 doesn't mean the players #. I had these Nick Massett full uniform and as you can see it also has the number 34. Actually I have seen a couple of these St Patty uniforms and almost all of the had the 34 on them. I'm thinking its the length on the pants and 38-42 means the waist size.
I believe your are correct. I have a hammered pair of Thome's. I will try to post a pic of the tag later.:)

TNTtoys
12-17-2009, 09:43 AM
All,

I am the seller of these pants, and for the record, I believe that I correctly noted that the 34 was the inseam of the pants.

I am not sure if the pants were ever issued to an individual player or were just an extra. Hence, I listed them for very little money.

Nick

platinum1
12-17-2009, 01:01 PM
I believe your are correct. I have a hammered pair of Thome's. I will try to post a pic of the tag later.:)
Can you post pictures of the tags on the pants. Did they have Thome's name on them?

larry bourget
12-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Can someone explain the tagging on these.

Im thinking its this... 36-waist, 40-inseam, 34-player number, OB (not sure), 06-2006, SPD-St. Patricks Day

Any help greatly appreciated!

36-40 waist size

34 leg inseam

OB is oversized bottom, when you see how players cover the heels of the cleats, like say Gary Sheffield.

06 Year

SPD issued special for most likely St.Patricks day as you mentioned.

LB

larry bourget
12-17-2009, 01:29 PM
All,

I am the seller of these pants, and for the record, I believe that I correctly noted that the 34 was the inseam of the pants.

I am not sure if the pants were ever issued to an individual player or were just an extra. Hence, I listed them for very little money.

Nick

I have Dealt with Nick on a few occassions, and he is a very Stand Up, Top Notch person to deal with, No cause to be concerned here, and he has clearly listed them in my opinion. Buy with confidence.

LB

grenda12
12-17-2009, 01:37 PM
All is good. I just needed some information, Nick has provided with the info as well as others. Thank you!

TNTtoys
12-17-2009, 02:41 PM
All,

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I was able to confirm that the pants were Alex Cintron's. The pants were apparently packed inside Alex's jersey at the 2007 Fan Fest event and sold as a complete uniform.

I re-wrote the description to indicate that they are his.

I purposely listed them as 'player unknown' because the pants did not have a player name embroidered into them, and I lacked concrete evidence that they were his. I thought it would be best to err on the side of caution until I received the facts.

Though it is strange that there is no player name in the pants, I am comfortable to see that at least one other board member has a pair of pants from the same game that has the same tagging. It would be interesting to see more pairs from this day just to determine if there is a trend (there's a request to show the Thome pair). I know that the '05s had player names embroidered, so I wonder why the 06s wouldn't.

Nick

thomecollector
12-17-2009, 10:49 PM
I am still working the pics of my Thome pants. Need to get the pics resized.. But the strip tagging reads as follows :
25 Thome 38-44 34 06 S2.. Hope this helps.
Roger

TNTtoys
12-17-2009, 11:21 PM
I am still working the pics of my Thome pants. Need to get the pics resized.. But the strip tagging reads as follows :
25 Thome 38-44 34 06 S2.. Hope this helps.
Roger

Roger,

Looking forward to seeing these photos... I have to say I was a little surprised at how the strip tag is not organized like my pair or Edgar's pair; especially the "S2" at the end instead of "SPD". Is that "set 2"? If so, I'm thinking now that your pants not from the Halfway to St. Patrick's Day game and that they are regular season pants?

Nick

thomecollector
12-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Nick,
The pants are definately from the regular season.. There is a nice repair on the back of the left leg. I believe have a photo with him wearing them. Still haven't got this sizing thing figured out on the other pics..:(