PDA

View Full Version : Signatures on a bat

gameu08
12-17-2009, 11:03 AM
A-rod bats display great game use...but his signature is ruining the bat. This was probably already a thread but there are certain players that sign in such weird spots that Ive noticed. Bagwell and ripken come to mind, weird placement makes me not want to own the bat.

anyone else notice this?

godwulf
12-17-2009, 01:02 PM
anyone else notice this?

Why no, I haven't.

http://www.printroom.com/popupImage.asp?img_id=55156837&effectRGB

:rolleyes:

rj_lucas
12-17-2009, 03:12 PM
I believe Alex Rodriguez is just careless, but unfortunately there are some players who will intentionally sign in a poor spot as a sign of contempt to fans and collectors. One of the all-time greats is notorious for this, even as he cashes the huge checks he collects for signing.

The lesson is, if you're paying for a signature (assuming it's in-person), don't be too intimidated to point to a spot and (politely) say, 'please sign here'. Sometimes, even that won't help.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

godwulf
12-17-2009, 04:04 PM
Sometimes, even that won't help.

Yeah, tell me about it.

I've heard bad stories about paid signing encounters with Willie Mays...just curious whether that's the player to whom you were referring.

rj_lucas
12-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Yeah, tell me about it.

I've heard bad stories about paid signing encounters with Willie Mays...just curious whether that's the player to whom you were referring.

Unfortunately, it is.