PDA

View Full Version : 1980s Mets Pants - Quick sanity check please...

TNTtoys
12-17-2009, 11:14 AM
All,

I have seen more than my fair share of 1980s Mets pants, and am a bit perplexed by a photo showing Randy Niemann in a pair of pants that don't quite fit the mold.

The photo of course can be one of a few things, so I was hoping to get a quick sanity check from other Mets collectors here...

Options:

1. The pants are really white home pinstripe pants but the sunlight has drowned out the pinstripes. (doubtful)

2. The pants are really gray road pants but the sunlight has made them appear white in the photo (likely)

3. These are white pants without pinstripes (I have never seen any evidence to support such a style)

Below the Randy Niemann photo, I am including photos of the regular home and road pants of that era for comparison.

Metsfan808
12-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Those pants look grey to me. The picture was taken at Wrigley Field so the Mets would be wearing their road greys there.

mbrieve
12-17-2009, 11:24 AM
Those pants look grey to me. The picture was taken at Wrigley Field so the Mets would be wearing their road greys there.
Beat me to it...that definitely looks like Wrigley Field to me.

metsbats
12-17-2009, 10:17 PM
It looks like there's a defect in the negative or photo. If you look at Randy's cleats the color is lightened too.

You can see Roger Mcdowell in the background so the photo may have been taken in 1985.

dcrules01
12-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Wow is that Dykstra behind him???

It seems a little on the dark side as far as the photo. Maybe bp pants just guessing.I have no answer very odd though..:confused:

flaco1801
12-20-2009, 09:30 PM
looks like gardenhire to me was he on the team?