PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Buttons for GW Jersey?

eisenreich8
12-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Hi all,

I recently bought a MiLB gamer on eBay from a fellow who is also a member of this forum. I got the jersey and am happy with it but the top two buttons are missing. I would like to replace them if possible.

It's a 2004 Rawlings button down jersey, and the buttons are dark blue. They are not similiar to several other styles of button from the same team in different years.

Is it a waste of time to call Rawling CS? Or does anyone have a tip they can share.

Thanks for your help.

larry bourget
12-18-2009, 11:32 PM
Try Wall Mart

LB

grenda12
12-19-2009, 12:18 AM
Walmart, JoAnn Fabrics, Hobby Lobby, Michaels

eisenreich8
12-19-2009, 10:32 AM
Thanks Guys, I really didn't think it was that easy or I wouldn't have asked! :) I wasn't sure if the buttons were somehow specific to the GW jersey genre but coincidently I'll be shopping at Wally World today. The other places are all around here too. You made my day (and it's still early).

Thanks.

island_style
12-20-2009, 06:15 AM
A few years ago I had a Rockies gamer, and the buttons had "Colorado Rockies" on them. Those might be tougher to replace. I don't know if the team still uses that type, though. It's been awhile since I've had interest in a Rockies jersey.

As far as replacing your jersey buttons, I wonder if there is an MLB (or MiLB) uniform policy that requires them to be a dull-finish type to reduce glare while on the field.

Not to say that I've ever had a problem of having to shield my eyes :cool: while walking down the street because of the glare of the buttons on someone's shirt. :D

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

xpress34
12-20-2009, 10:35 AM
A few years ago I had a Rockies gamer, and the buttons had "Colorado Rockies" on them. Those might be tougher to replace. I don't know if the team still uses that type, though. It's been awhile since I've had interest in a Rockies jersey.

As far as replacing your jersey buttons, I wonder if there is an MLB (or MiLB) uniform policy that requires them to be a dull-finish type to reduce glare while on the field.

Not to say that I've ever had a problem of having to shield my eyes :cool: while walking down the street because of the glare of the buttons on someone's shirt. :D

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

Ron -

The Rockies 'inscribed' buttons were an MLB 'original' as far as I know. When the team stared, they wantd a way to verify their Home White Gamers as Authentic, so those 'cream' buttons were custom made by Russell for the Rockies and ONLY attached to jerseys that actually came through the Rockies club house.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Jerseys/rockiesbutton.jpg

- Chris

grenda12
12-20-2009, 11:22 AM
Ron -

The Rockies 'inscribed' buttons were an MLB 'original' as far as I know. When the team stared, they wantd a way to verify their Home White Gamers as Authentic, so those 'cream' buttons were custom made by Russell for the Rockies and ONLY attached to jerseys that actually came through the Rockies club house.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Jerseys/rockiesbutton.jpg

- Chris

Ive got to say, that is pretty cool to see the team's name inscribed on the button.

xpress34
12-20-2009, 07:47 PM
Ive got to say, that is pretty cool to see the team's name inscribed on the button.

Unfortunately they didn't do Black, Purple or Grey buttons like that for Road and Alt jerseys - only the Home Whites, and only Russell. I don't know why the Rockies didn't have Majestic continue it... ALL Russell Home White Gamers from the Rockies (actually, there are a few known exceptions) should have those unique buttons from 1994 until 2004 or 2005 (when they went to Majestic).

As far as the 'exceptions', there are many stories from Rockies personnel that when the Rox moved into Coors Field in 1995 and the 'Dry Goods Store' was opened, they did have to have a few jerseys 'made' for Game Day use because a player had signed a jersey for charity and then the Starting Pitcher chose to wear that style jersey that day, so there are a few legitimate Russell Rockies Gamers with White Pearlized buttons, but they are just the same as a Store Model Authentic (neck tags, the white pearlized buttons, etc).

- Chris

xpress34
12-20-2009, 07:48 PM
ALL Russell Home White Gamers from the Rockies (actually, there are a few known exceptions) should have those unique buttons from 1994 until 2004 or 2005 (when they went to Majestic).

that should read from 1993 (Inaugural Season)... we need EDIT feature!!!