PDA

View Full Version : Tris Speaker bat

dwysong
12-20-2009, 11:10 AM
I have a stall and dean baseball bat that i have been unsuccessful in finding info on or a value for. it is a decal bat with a picture of Tris speaker in his boston uniform. the sticker reads "american biffer". the bat has tape wrapping and a #17 under the carving stall and dean and tris speaker. any info would be appreciated.

sicollector1954
12-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Stahl and Dean manufactured picture decal bats known as the American Biffer series as well as examples with model names on the barrel. The Biffer series features a picture of the player with a facsimile autograph beneath and the facsimile autograph burned into the center of the bat. Player models included Tris Speaker, Ping Bodie, and Jim Delahanty. There were probably others as well--however, Stahl and Dean catalogs are scarce. Thanks.

dwysong
12-21-2009, 10:06 AM
I am looking to sell this bat. Any suggestions on a price?

sicollector1954
12-21-2009, 04:08 PM
Send me an email with pics and I will take a look. A lot of the value lies in the condition of the decal. Thanks.

sicollector1954@comcast.net

ballofbases@hotmail.com
12-23-2009, 02:15 AM
I would love to take a look at it. I'm a huge Speaker fan.

Michael
Ballofbases@Hotmail.com

MGHProductions
12-28-2009, 12:35 AM
If the bat is still for sale, please email me pictures
Thanks
matt
Bub13@aol.com

Manram
12-28-2009, 01:04 AM
If you get a chance, send me some pictures please

jeremy59307
12-31-2009, 06:33 PM
I got one heck of a story i work consrtuction not a huge collector baseball cards when i was a kid. So im ripping this kitchen wall out today first there was paneling then there was drywall then there was plaster board then lathe strips then i saw a handle picked it up hmmmm baseball bat thought nothing of it looked a few hours later there is a picture on it says tris speaker come home i look and im in awwwwwwww this bad is pretty well like new it has never hit a baseball i can tell you that my question is whats it worth? Its a louisvill slugger TS 40 says patent pending reg us off on it its in really good shape full size any idea of the value and i have pics if it help anyone? thank you