PDA

View Full Version : Majestic Therma Base Pullover Question

cardinals0103
12-21-2009, 07:14 PM
Ok, So I really like these Majestic Therma Base Pullovers that the players wear.
I'm looking to pick up another one to wear my self and I want one with a team's logo on it (I know there are generic ones without logos but I'm not looking for it)

There's always some for sale on mlb.com but they are way to much I think at around $60/per. Plus I'm not digging the new style that they came out with. I'd like to stick with the old designs.

So I thought there might be some player worn ones on ebay maybe for cheap but it turns out, these rarely pop up? Any of the experienced GU collectors concur with my observation? Do your local teams normally sell some cheap used ones during times like fanfest?

I would like to pick up another one but can't find a cheaper alternative than the new ones which I feel like are way overpriced.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

sctizzle
12-22-2009, 02:15 PM
I know you said you aren't a big fan of the new one, but if you have a Modells near you, they are the cheapest for these...Sports Authority and the other stores charge $60, but Modells is $50. They have a deal now if you spend $50, you get $10 off--if you search for Modells coupons online, you should be able to find one quickly. If not, sign up for their free membership card and they are always sending you coupons to use.

For the WS, each store charged another $10 for them with the WS patch. Once Philly lost, Modells clearanced out the Phillies ones with the patch for $15.

I know when I went to Philly for game 3 of the WS, they were charging I think $75 or $85 for these. They also had a nice version for the world series with the WS logo instead of the team logo, but at that price, I wasn't paying...

I have my Yankees one with the WS patch and love wearing it around. Very comfortable and warm.

Scott

Rossi46
12-22-2009, 03:40 PM
I can buy these for $10. Every year Majestic has this huge sale in Reading, Pa on stuff for the current season. They had '09 Phillies world series stuff at the sale a few weeks ago. They normally have sales at least 3 times a year & every winter sale they have a Phillies Player signing free 8x10's. The past couple of years they've had Jimmy Rollins, Mike Schmidt & this year was Steve Carlton.

allstarsplus
12-22-2009, 08:44 PM
I could sell you a Nats unused w/ tags for $20 + shipping.

Gocong57
12-23-2009, 02:07 PM
VF Outlet in Reading, PA sells those older thermabase everyday apart from their 2x year Tent Sale. Primarily Phils, Yanks, BoSox.

cardinals0103
12-23-2009, 04:48 PM
What's this outlet store that they're selling them at $10? Thats one hell of a price. I'm basically looking to pick up another one to wear. adult size large